What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

Since when is the WS-10 a "replica copy of Russian engines"?? Some sources say it is based on the civil CFM-56's core and then independently developed into a low-bypass military turbofan, but surely not a "replica copy of Russian engine".

-------------

By the way, it seems as if production of the J-16 is well underway in Batch 06 ... this is J-16 cn. 0604.

via @huitong

View attachment 615044 View attachment 615045

Some rumors on WS10A is replica with modifications & improvement made from studies taken from reverse engineering done on US jet engine given to China during the 80's alliance with US.

Some rumors on WS10A is replica with modifications & improvement made from studies taken from reverse engineering done on US jet engine given to China during the 80's alliance with US.

No, this is plain wrong. Quite reverse the WS-10 is said to be based on the civil CFM-56, which were allegedly lost in a fire during the 1980s and since the CFM's core was the core of the GE F101 it was at least doable to re-develop a military engine ... but these are rumours. Later WS-10-variants however have gained some technical benefit from the experience with the AL-31F/FN but that does not make it a reverse engineered Russian engine.

No, this is plain wrong. Quite reverse the WS-10 is said to be based on the civil CFM-56, which were allegedly lost in a fire during the 1980s and since the CFM's core was the core of the GE F101 it was at least doable to re-develop a military engine ... but these are rumours. Later WS-10-variants however have gained some technical benefit from the experience with the AL-31F/FN but that does not make it a reverse engineered Russian engine.

Sounds logical, hybrid US + Russian + later own ideas technology on WS10. F15 + Su27 engine tech

Su-30MKK2
微信图片_20200320213550.jpg

Via navy.81.cn

A J-11BG during some sort of promotional video shooting

J-11BG close up.JPG

You just showed us how to encrypt/decrypt sketches. So is that J11D?

And this is wrong?

I don't know, ... again for me it is only clear to be a sungle seater. Otherise it could be anyanything from a regular J-11B and that guy only wants attention or indeed an AESA equipped and TVC-capable WS-10 powered Su-35 equivalent.

Last edited:
And this is wrong?

I don't know, ... again for me it is only clear to be a sungle seater. Otherise it could be anyanything from a regular J-11B and that guy only wants attention or indeed an AESA equipped and TVC-capable WS-10 powered Su-35 equivalent.

I didn't say right or wrong, just amazed at how you decrypt the sketches. What do you think about J11D with WS10 TVC vs Su35 in terms of dogfight? The AL41 engines in Su35 has higher thrust but no improvement on top speed compared to Su30MK with TVC. J11D has better radad and engines than Su30MK but the Su35 still has 5000lb more in afterburning thrust

Back
Top Bottom