What's new

Chinese doctors remove chopstick from toddler's brain

AnGrz_Z_K_Jailer

Reaction score
Country
India

Doctors in China removed a chopstick from the brain of a 14-month-old boy after it accidentally went up his nose.

Published: 6:59PM GMT 07 Jan 2010

Li Jingchao, from Shandong province in eastern China, is undergoing treatment at Bo Ai Hospital in Beijing for an infection caused by the life-threatening impalement, said Chen Yawei, a hospital spokesman.

Jingchao was playing with chopsticks while his mother was in the kitchen washing dishes when he fell on the chopstick, Mr Chen said.

Because local hospitals did not have the technology to safely remove the chopstick, the little boy's parents travelled 10 hours north by car to Beijing on Dec 26 immediately after the accident, Mr Chen said.

The boy arrived with a high fever and an irregular heartbeat, according to a report released by the hospital.

Neurosurgeons were concerned the removal of the chopstick, which was lodged 4 millimetres into Jingchao's brain, would cause internal haemorrhaging once removed - possibly causing paralysis or even death, Mr Chen said.

"Luckily, the removal resulted in little bleeding and he suffered only an infection," Mr Chen said.

Mr Chen said the toddler's neurosurgeon was perfect for the job, since he had extensive experience with surgeries involving chopsticks lodged in eyes, foreheads and necks.

Jingchao is expected to be released from hospital in about a week, Mr Chen said.

Source : Chinese doctors remove chopstick from toddler's brain - Telegraph

two thumbs up for the great doctor... :)

one slap for the irresponsible mom for leaving the kid un attended.

how it is related to china defence?chopstick may accidently go up soldier's nose?

how it is related to china defence?chopstick may accidently go up soldier's nose?

^^^^^

True and I am really sorry for that but I couldn't find the proper thread to post the above article. The article sound me very intresting news and it's shows the hard working and dedication of the doctor towards his/her patients.Truly it was a very critical moments in any doctor's life .. Well done and good job ....

MODS I will very pleased if you kindly move this thread in a precise section, at the same time I apologize for not following the forum discipline and promise I won't repeat this mistake again... Thank you

Regards
Jailer

^^^^^

True and I am really sorry for that but I couldn't find the proper thread to post the above article. The article sound me very intresting news and it's shows the hard working and dedication of the doctor towards his/her patients.Truly it was a very critical moments in any doctor's life .. Well done and good job ....

MODS I will very pleased if you kindly move this thread in a precise section, at the same time I apologize for not following the forum discipline and promise I won't repeat this mistake again... Thank you

Regards
Jailer
you did well,every thread is the proper thread for these news with human brilliance:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom