What's new

Chinese DF-21D for India

Status
Not open for further replies.
DF-21 is shaurya class missile.

Nothing special

Indian denial at its best. Your lousy missile cannot hit moving ship. We can :enjoy:
Check both CEP before saying bull crap

Shaurya missile's is operated by Indian Navy

It's Hybrid cruise missile just like CM-400KG

Due boudation by MTCR we not fully exploited its capabilities but now we are

It's already in production

Check both CEP before saying bull crap

Shaurya missile's is operated by Indian Navy

It's Hybrid cruise missile just like CM-400KG

Due boudation by MTCR we not fully exploited its capabilities but now we are

It's already in production
Hitting a moving ship is different from just measuring CEP alone. It is already beyond your comprehension :enjoy:

see the map, DF-21D in Tibet cover entire India coastal and beyond unless you move all your ships to Atlantic ocean :rofl:

A CBG is a not a stationary target like an airbase on a land. It tends to move around. You need a proper tracking and targetting system onboard the weapon as it is going to travel about 2000kms. So how are you planning to track and target a moving target.

The Chinese claim that the DF 21 is a Anti ship Ballistic missile right. So how is the warhead going to maneuver to strike the target or is it going to follow a pure ballistic missile path(parabolic) or a quasi- ballistic missile path with a high altitude coast phase?

What OTH radar is coupled with the DF 21 to search and track for the target and how are you planning to provide mid course correction update?

A CBG is a not a stationary target like an airbase on a land. It tends to move around. You need a proper tracking and targetting system onboard the weapon as it is going to travel about 2000kms. So how are you planning to track and target a moving target.

The Chinese claim that the DF 21 is a Anti ship Ballistic missile right. So how is the warhead going to maneuver to strike the target or is it going to follow a pure ballistic missile path(parabolic) or a quasi- ballistic missile path with a high altitude coast phase?

What OTH radar is coupled with the DF 21 to search and track for the target and how are you planning to provide mid course correction update?

DF-21D is well known as anti-ship ballistic missle, of course it meant to take moving target otherwise it's not difference from other ballistic missile. As for the guidance and how terminal warhead will maneuver to strike the target, it's remain secret, China is not stupid enough to expose everything to the outside. But one thing you be certain it's China already deployed this system to target all Japanese navy (see the missile coverage) :lol:. I'm wondering why China can't do the same with India?...maybe India is not hostile enough for China to checkmate India this way.

1421585515-4039348480.jpg

DF-21D is well known as anti-ship ballistic missle, of course it meant to take moving target otherwise it's not difference from other ballistic missile. As for the guidance and how terminal warhead will maneuver to strike the target, it's remain secret, China is not stupid enough to expose everything to the outside. But one thing you be certain it's China already deployed this system to target all Japanese navy (see the missile coverage) :lol:. I'm wondering why China can't do the same with India?...maybe India is not hostile enough for China to checkmate India this way.

1421585515-4039348480.jpg

I mean the OTH radar. Which is the one you have to track the moving target. That I would like to know.

I mean the OTH radar. Which is the one you have to track the moving target. That I would like to know.

I don't know, for India case, due to Himalaya barrier, it would be hard to use OTH radar but space radar combine with real-time satellite imaging, that will provide a good window opportunity for the shoot...I guess

I don't know, for India case, due to Himalaya barrier, it would be hard to use OTH radar but space radar combine with real-time satellite imaging, that will provide a good window opportunity for the shoot...I guess

But there is one problem.. the radar is either going to be stationary or will pass through a particular place once a day. This will make it difficult to provide real time targetting information. But there is one possible way is by placing radar stations strategically in many Islands in the Indian ocean. will for ma complete radar network system and provide real time information. Because without real time targeting data a moving target cannot be tracked I suppose. Hope someone like Penguin help me out of i am right or wrong about it.

If it was an airbase and does not move then GPS and INS can be used as target data for homing of missiles. Just wanted to clarify this.

But there is one problem.. the radar is either going to be stationary or will pass through a particular place once a day. This will make it difficult to provide real time targetting information. But there is one possible way is by placing radar stations strategically in many Islands in the Indian ocean. will for ma complete radar network system and provide real time information. Because without real time targeting data a moving target cannot be tracked I suppose. Hope someone like Penguin help me out of i am right or wrong about it.

If it was an airbase and does not move then GPS and INS can be used as target data for homing of missiles. Just wanted to clarify this.

We don't need to monitor Indian ships 24 hrs, we just need the Satellite radar to provide "window of opportunity" let say 10 to 20 min. so our DF-21D to reach the target area and the missile will take over from it own sensor to lock on the ships.

I would certainly like to hear @Penguin views on it.

From other forums, the general consensus from defence experts is that DF-21 is very overrated given clear issues with continuous tracking, not to mention the countermeasures it is just as vulnerable to.

I would certainly like to hear @Penguin views on it.

From other forums, the general consensus from defence experts is that DF-21 is very overrated given clear issues with continuous tracking, not to mention the countermeasures it is just as vulnerable to.

Doesn't matter how general consensus see our DF-21D because we're the user and the one with the press button and not them. And you should tell your defense ministry that DF-21D is overrate and leave us alone when we deploy this in Tibet :lol:

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide999625142gj5gydimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.gj5fp2.png1440371766924.jpg-620x349.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom