What's new

"Chinese" demand apology as Indonesian communist-purge film gets Oscar nod !

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to refrain from seeing this as Islam against Chinese. This is not. The pogroms against Chinese are mostly Suharto's work, really I think not so much to do with Islam. This is more about communist vs the right wing forces.

Suharto also need a bete-noire to rally his country. Chinese is carefully chosen and smear is well calibrated.

Indonesian people for all their weaknesses, even under Suharto regime, allow Chinese to be over-represented in wealth. Now its much better for Chinese.

You are not too right. All the nuance are known only among SE Asian Chinese and PRC scholars.

Many of those Indonesian that got shitt are PRC citizens. The discrimination against Chinese were so bad at a time that a lot of resentment are generated for the proposal of granting Chinese citizenship in Malaya as well as Indonesia.

Below is an example.

Discrimination against Chinese Indonesians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1955, Zhou Enlai declared that Chinese citizenship was jus sanguinis. This led to a treaty between China and Indonesia regarding the legal status of Chinese Indonesians, which formed the basis for the Citizenship Law of 1958.This law required all Chinese Indonesians to choose between Chinese and Indonesian citizenship, making a statement at the nearest district court.Approximately 390,000 ethnic Chinese rejected Chinese citizenship.

The PRC in PDF need to study more.

OK, let's talk about this "nuance" in 1955. "Jus sanguinis" means that you are a citizen if your parents were citizens.

How could their parents be PRC citizens if they were living in Indonesia in 1955? These Indonesians of ethnic Chinese descent have been living in SE Asia far longer, hundreds of years in many cases.

And according to YOUR OWN source, those Indonesians who chose Chinese citizenship LEFT Indonesia and came to China, a long time before the riots took place.

yes, That's true and that the fact :-)
We are 100% Indonesian Citizens not PRC Citizen.

and Honestly for 1998 Riots, we Indonesian Born Chinese hope much better to Australia and Singapore, Not PRC.

But for Many Racist Indonesian, whatever and whenever, they always see us as 'CHINESE Pig' who being dumped by PRC Cause their country overcrowded by One Billion People. That's what Indonesian Racist see:(

But Right now, the Condition is bit Different. many Indonesian Right now have Open-Minded and see Indonesian born Chinese as part of Indonesian Diversity :-) but yes, I must to say, there is still racism in Indonesia.

Balinese men are very open minded. :tup: :omghaha:

Japanese Women Travel to Bali for Sex with Local Beach Boys – indoBOOM

Japanese women find love in Bali | The Jakarta Post

Bali and Beyond: Explorations in the Anthropology of Tourism - Shinji Yamashita - Google Books

Bali Raw: An expose of the underbelly of Bali, Indonesia - Malcolm Scott - Google Books

Fluidity of Place: Globalization and the Transformation of Urban Space - Naoki Yoshihara - Google Books

Bali's silent crisis: desire, tragedy, and transition - Jeff Lewis, Belinda Lewis - Google Books

Tourism in Southeast Asia: Challenges and New Directions - Google Books

Bali Blues - Jeremy Allan - Google Books

We need to refrain from seeing this as Islam against Chinese. This is not. The pogroms against Chinese are mostly Suharto's work, really I think not so much to do with Islam. This is more about communist vs the right wing forces.

Suharto also need a bete-noire to rally his country. Chinese is carefully chosen and smear is well calibrated.

Indonesian people for all their weaknesses, even under Suharto regime, allow Chinese to be over-represented in wealth. Now its much better for Chinese.

Yes, I am agree with you. That's Suharto 'New order regime' work.
Why you know so much about that? :-)

"Jus sanguinis" means that you are a citizen if your parents were citizens.

How could their parents be PRC citizens if they were living in Indonesia in 1955? These Indonesians of ethnic Chinese descent have been living in SE Asia far longer, hundreds of years in many cases.

And according to YOUR OWN source, those Indonesians who chose Chinese citizenship LEFT Indonesia and came to China, a long time before the riots took place.

"Jus sanguinis" generally means if you are Chinese by blood, you are PRC citizen.

Jus sanguinis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jus sanguinis (Latin: right of blood) is a principle of nationality law by which citizenship is not determined by place of birth but by having one or both parents who are citizens of the state. Children at birth may automatically be citizens if their parents have state citizenship or national identities of ethnic, cultural or other origins.[1] Citizenship can also apply to children whose parents belong to a diaspora and were not themselves citizens of the state conferring citizenship.

Chinese Indonesian citizenship is a messy affair that cannot be explain in one or two words. The PRCs who have no hearts say "they are Indonesian citizen". They are PRC citizen I would say.

300,000 Chinese in Indonesia Denied Citizenship Rights - NAM

Yes, I am agree with you. That's Suharto 'New order regime' work.
Why you know so much about that? :-)

We must defeat hate with truth. Right now I am worried many PRC as I seen in forum elsewhere are full of hate, and they do not know nuance.

I studied enough Indonesian history.

Last edited:
OK, let's talk about this "nuance" in 1955. "Jus sanguinis" means that you are a citizen if your parents were citizens.

Not for long time for me, maybe just 80 years.
My Grandfather and Grandmother born in China and have PRC Citizenship.

But my Father and Mother have Indonesian Citizenship.

1950s is not 2000s
Not many Chinese people in Indonesia know about "Repatriation Program" cause Geographic and Technology in that era maybe.
For my Grandparents itself, they Know about that PROGRAM long after the program ended up. :-)

and for your info, if you don't have MONEY. you cannot just go back to China in 1950s despite you choose PRC citizenship. That's the fact.

We must defeat hate with truth. Right now I am worried many PRC as I seen in forum elsewhere are full of hate, and they do not know nuance.

I studied enough Indonesian history.

oh, I think you Indonesian Born Chinese, who flee to Singapore in 1998 Riots.
Sorry :-)

1950s is not 2000s
Not many Chinese people in Indonesia know about "Repatriation Program" cause Geographic and Technology in that era maybe.
For my Grandparents itself, they Know about that PROGRAM long after the program ended up. :-)

and for your info, if you don't have MONEY. you cannot just go back to China in 1950s despite you choose PRC citizenship. That's the fact.

China does not recognize dual citizenship.

If you want to give up your current citizenship and become a Chinese national, you can apply for it.

Since both your parents are Indonesian nationals it might be harder.

I watched this documentary..a very good one..it won several prestigious awards..

its about Re-Enacting the killings of a "Death Squad" member,who actually killed over 1000 people.its just made the member to realize about victim's terrifying moments before death.don't want to spoil the story by telling it.one of the "Must Watch" documentary.

about "Chinese Posters",they don't give a single "Fly!ng Fkuc" about their country's "Purge"(which killed millions),but have enough time to lecture others...

1950s is not 2000s

oh, I think you Indonesian Born Chinese, who flee to Singapore in 1998 Riots.
Sorry :-)

I am a native 3rd generation Singaporean from Fujian Quanzhou not far from the native village of most Indonesian Chinese. My grandfather till the day he die is a China citizen. My family got broke many times repratraiting monies back to village in China. I remembered the endless quarrels my grandmother had with my grandfather for giving so many monies back to support not just his China family -- but extended family including cousins.

My parents were supporting China relative until 5-10 years ago, when they got much richer.

When I am studying, I got more and more resentment against the PAP government for conducting cultural genocide against Chinese culture. I think I have studied enough Chinese classics and modern history to figure out more or less what is going on.

Nevertheless, I got scolded here in PDF for anti China by PRC.

That's unfortunate, but it was their choice to leave China and contribute to the nation of Indonesia instead.

China doesn't recognize dual citizenship.

If you want protection that is the job of the Indonesian government to protect their own citizens.

We have enough citizens to take care of already. If you want to try and get Chinese citizenship then good luck.

China does not recognize dual citizenship.

If you want to give up your current citizenship and become a Chinese national, you can apply for it.

Since both your parents are Indonesian nationals it might be harder.

I have my life in Indonesia :-)
I just want 'PRC Citizen' to know the truth about "Chinese Overseas"

I am a native 3rd generation Singaporean from Fujian Quanzhou not far from the native village of most Indonesian Chinese. My grandfather till the day he die is a China citizen. My family got broke many times repratraiting monies back to village in China. I remembered the endless quarrels my grandmother had with my grandfather for giving so many monies back to support not just his China family -- but extended family including cousins.

My parents were supporting China relative until 5-10 years ago, when they got much richer.

When I am studying, I got more and more resentment against the PAP government for conducting cultural genocide against Chinese culture. I think I have studied enough Chinese classics and modern history to figure out more or less what is going on.

So what exactly do you want CPC gov't to do to make just for the conduct of these massacres?

Same to me :yahoo:
I am 3rd generation too, and my Grandparents is a China Citizen too.

But for me, Honestly Although I am 3rd Generation. Cause New Regime order banned all Chinese speaking school and all Chinese Speaking media, I cannot Speak Mandarin Chinese :(
by the way, My Mother is Hokkien.

I am happy to hear that. :cheers:

What truth do you want us to know?

The truth about, you need money to go back to china despite you choose China Citizenship, etc. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom