What's new

Chinese coast guard vs Vietnamese coast guard: Clash

THAT IS VIETNAMESE SEA!
They have the right to protect it. it is not aggressive.
The amount of Chinese people who does not know about their greedy expansion is too damn high!

THAT IS VIETNAMESE SEA!
They have the right to protect it. it is not aggressive.
The amount of Chinese people who does not know about their greedy expansion is too damn high!

Its funny a finnish seems to know so much of Vietnam and China history who can be so sure to call who is right and wrong..

It is so funny how good Chinese media is censored and bias and outsiders know better than insider ;)

Maybe your sources are biased. How can you be so sure? Your media seems to be "uncensored" but when it comes to foreign policy I don't see any diversed opinions.

Maybe your sources are biased. How can you be so sure? Your media seems to be "uncensored" but when it comes to foreign policy I don't see any diversed opinions.

they dont have google, the government bans it. Very simple example can show why I said the Chinese media is biased.
Ask a random Chinese citizen, about Fa Lun Gong, about Tibet, about Tiananmen...how much do they know about it?
I would not say that media in other country is unbiased but it is at least lest biased than Chinese media. You can search on google how transparency and freely journalism in Finland can be :)

they dont have google, the government bans it. Very simple example can show why I said the Chinese media is biased.
Ask a random Chinese citizen, about Fa Lun Gong, about Tibet, about Tiananmen...how much do they know about it?
I would not say that media in other country is unbiased but it is at least lest biased than Chinese media. You can search on google how transparency and freely journalism in Finland can be :)

Why do we need google? We got our own search engine. Why do we have to use everything American, when we got our own stuff.

Ask a random citizen in America where Guam is and see how many can tell you, or just how many stars is on the flag or who's the vice president, name some senators.

See how many answers you get.

Chinese media is censored no doubt, so what? If you really care you can still know, and if you don't it doesn't matter if they scream in your ear 24/7.

As to your last comment, after you search on google how good the Finish media is, maybe you can also search how irrelevant the Finish nation is.

This is like saying I am more transparent than Obama. Obama is the president of the US, of course he's got more secrets and stuff he wants to hide, than me.

How much a person hides directly relates to their relevance.

The US media is also biased. I dont support it.
I have many Chinese friends who have never heard of Tiananmen event and how Chinese armed polices tortured Falun Gong people.
We are talking about Finnish media which is very transparent and helps me to know thing in different angles and unbiased.
Dont get me wrong. I really hate the way media hides thing and tells lies, especially in China.

Not related but I love your country and I can speak Chinese :) (which is quite rare for a Finnish). The media is the only thing I hate about your country.

Have you ever heard of a term called Finlandization? :) Media is effected by that too. You are in the western World. You are exposed to western point of view about China. Do you know what are China's hypothesis about South China Sea? And do you know what happened in Tiananmen other than "state killed the people"? Do you know who were the uprisers? Do you know what their ideology was?

And let me give you another clue. If today Xi Jingping makes a phone call to Obama and says "We are happy with your military dominance and we will stop all of our military build up.", than next month you will be hearing news about how great China is. China was once the "most favored nation" of the US. Also I can assure you that she was much more assertive about South China Sea in 70's and 80's. If such a thing occured in 80's that would lead a war between Vietnam and China and it did btw.

Today it's not that assertive (militarily) because of the US presence. Back in 70's the US needed to divide the communist block and since Sino-Soviet ties were bitter, it supported China to give her some leverage. Right now we don't have a Soviet Union that challanges the US but we have a China. Than we are against it. No one cares about democracy in the World and it's not that valuable as you think.

Have you ever heard of a term called Finlandization? :) Media is effected by that too. You are in the western World. You are exposed to western point of view about China. Do you know what are China's hypothesis about South China Sea? And do you know what happened in Tiananmen other than "state killed the people"? Do you know who were the uprisers? Do you know what their ideology was?

And let me give you another clue. If today Xi Jingping makes a phone call to Obama and says "We are happy with your military dominance and we will stop all of our military build up.", than next month you will be hearing news about how great China is. China was once the "most favored nation" of the US. Also I can assure you that she was much more assertive about South China Sea in 70's and 80's. If such a thing occured in 80's that would lead a war between Vietnam and China and it did btw.

Today it's not that assertive (militarily) because of the US presence. Back in 70's the US needed to divide the communist block and since Sino-Soviet ties were bitter, it supported China to give her some leverage. Right now we don't have a Soviet Union that challanges the US but we have a China. Than we are against it. No one cares about democracy in the World and it's not that valuable as you think.

That makes sense too. I cant be sure that I am and the media I have known are unbiased :D However one point I think it should be clear is that if no one cares about democracy and it is not valuable, then why people still fight for it :D

owever one point I think it should be clear is that if no one cares about democracy and it is not valuable, then why people still fight for it :D

It is a smokescreen and propaganda to give people hope! Let me give you a great example. US claimed themselves champion of freedom ,human right and democracy...

But what snowden reveal about the surveilance of US government is exactly the opposite what they preached...

That makes sense too. I cant be sure that I am and the media I have known are unbiased :D However one point I think it should be clear is that if no one cares about democracy and it is not valuable, then why people still fight for it :D

We the people should fight for our own democracy if we want to prove something to the World. We have a bourgeois democracy right now. Businessmen rule the US not it's president and the US cabinet rules the rest of the World (at least it's own sphere of influence) correlated with the interest of the American elite. If an American presidential candidate wants to be elected it needs to make cooperation with businessmen. Otherwise it can't raise enough money to run it's campaign and can't be elected.

All the western media is owned by private companies. Such companies just care about their interest. What they try do is create a delusion of "free media" to the people but they simply influence the masses according to their interest. Therefore state-owned media makes state propaganda and it's annoying (true) but also the media owned by private companies can distort the facts (true as well). What we need is people's media. Owned by no one. People will be their own news source. Everyone has a smart phone. If we see something that we believe it carries a news value we should record it and distribute it online. That's the people's media. We need guerilla tactics to learn the truth.

If we want true democracy we need to find a way to implement democracy into Marxism. We have seen that proletariat dictatorship sometimes leads to horrible things (USSR example), but we haven't tried Luxemburgism, or Radical Democracy yet. We can give real power to people, (not just a couple of elites like liberal democracy does) and we can avoid authoritarian regimes as well at the same time.

We have seen that proletariat dictatorship sometimes leads to horrible things (USSR example),

What horrible things? Horrible things started AFTER collapse of USSR.

What horrible things? Horrible things started AFTER collapse of USSR.

It lost the cold war and burried the whole Euroleft with it. People from Eastern Germany was climbing the Berlin Wall to make it to the West not the reverse. CCCP had Stalinist roots which made it extremely authoitarian and it completely closed itself to public voice. People who were even making the simplest critiques were being blamed as traitors and revisionists.

If CCCP had Trotskyist roots the future of the World and the Euroleft would be different.

The US media is also biased. I dont support it.
I have many Chinese friends who have never heard of Tiananmen event and how Chinese armed polices tortured Falun Gong people.
We are talking about Finnish media which is very transparent and helps me to know thing in different angles and unbiased.
Dont get me wrong. I really hate the way media hides thing and tells lies, especially in China.

Not related but I love your country and I can speak Chinese :) (which is quite rare for a Finnish). The media is the only thing I hate about your country.

I have reviewed your posts in this thread.

Yes, medias are biased in the world, only extent varies. We don't deny the censor.

But you cannot mix the media with territorial dispute and your hypocrisy. How do you confirm your information is correct on this territorial dispute between China and Viet? All what you hear is unbiased, right?

For another instance, how did your western media report when they invaded China and took 1/3 of territory that equals to the current territory? Humanitarianism revolution by taking our resources to feed your own people and company? Of course you got the interest and you are developed, and then you forgot what you western did to China in late 19th century and early 20th century. After this you started upholding justice for the fake truth just to show off your generosity and sympathy. You are just trying to confirm your biased morality. And those who have territory dispute with China will thank you, and thus you feel happy and satisfied.

I can feel that, from the very beginning and the bottom of your heart, you are viewing China from a biased perspective, so everything concernd with China is downside.

For example, once there is a territorial dispute, whoever started, it must be China's fault. Once China's economy is developing, you will predict a collapse sooner or later. Correct?

Another fact: in accordance with some rules of the Potsdam Proclamation, Japan dose not have the sovereignty of the Ryukyu Islands, but in fact they occupied it after WW2. Why don't you--Mr.sympathy--condemn Japan government's illegal declaration of sovereignty? On the contrary, you condemn a victim of WW2, that is how your western's so called justice really means?

For myself, I really understand everyone sympathizes the weak things. So does it mean the weak things always really stand for justice? RIDICULOUS! What if they started snatching our own resource at the beginning?

Hide your hypocrisy since you do not know the historical relationship and the real situation of both countries that are far far far from your north Europe. If newspaper and youtubes can tell you everything, why do you waste the time attending school, travelling around and making friends?

Oh, the last thing, one will not do the things that have no interest to him. Your private media is established for making profits.

It lost the cold war and burried the whole Euroleft with it. People from Eastern Germany was climbing the Berlin Wall to make it to the West not the reverse. CCCP had Stalinist roots which made it extremely authoitarian and it completely closed itself to public voice. People who were even making the simplest critiques were being blamed as traitors and revisionists.

If CCCP had Trotskyist roots the future of the World and the Euroleft would be different.
USSR was the only thing in the world that protect poor nations. USSR fought with colonialists and thanks to it dozens of nations become free after centuries of colonial slavery. You do not know what kind of people were Soviet people... They truely believed in "Liberty Equality Fraternity" and in a bright future for them and all ordinary wokers and peasants of the Earth. They were the most reading and sport people in the world. They sacrificed their lives for their Motherland...
Never again be such a people on Earth...

Back
Top Bottom