What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

Has the 15th Regiment, 5th Division now also been converted into a Brigade !?? ... or a PS-Job ??

JH-7A 62165 - 15. Brigade - unconfirmed.jpg

PS: seems official

http://photo.81.cn/pla/2017-06/09/content_7633938_6.htm

Just me again concerning the Brigade issue:

Besides the CFTE, FTTC and Training units and that strange UCAV (J-6UCAV) Brigade we know that there are since 2012 at least 4 so called Bases, which replaced Divisions with their subordinated Regiments now re-designated to Brigades:

Dalian Base: 88th, 89th, 90th & 91st Brigade
Ürümqi Base: 109th, 110th, 111th & 112th Brigade
Shanghai Base: 78th, 85th, 86th & 93rd Brigade
Nanning Base: 124th, 125th & 126th Brigade

In recent months there are however some reports concerning the establishments of additional Brigades and former Regiments from the 13th, 33rd and 44th Divisions were mentions albeit never shown with new serials. In contrast this - the former 15th AR, 5th Division - seems to be now confirmed a Brigade even with new serials. (http://photo.81.cn/pla/2017-06/09/content_7633938_6.htm)

My question now is what "Base" superseded the 5th Division and are the other Regiments now Brigades too?

... and what about the other Divisions (13th, 33rd and 44th Division's Regiment) ??

Deino

China to hold two competitions of 2017 International Army Games
People's Daily, China
Published on Jun 22, 2017

This year, China will hold the “Aviadarts” and “Airborne Platoon” competitions of the 2017 International Army Games (IAG) in Changchun, Jilin province, from July 29 to August 12.

The IAG is an international military event hosted by Russian Defence Ministry. The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Air Force has continuously participated in IAG for 3 years and achieved great results since it showed up in the “Aviadarts” competition of IAG in 2014.

In 2016, the PLA Air Force sent three teams to participate in the “Aviadarts”, “Airborne Platoon” and “Keys to the Sky” competitions, so as to strengthen exchanges and improve air combat.

Any one know what happen to those IL-76s bearing serial numbers B-40xx?
1) Have they changed their serial numbers to current standard PLAAF numbers?
2) Or they kept their numbers till they retire?

Is that chart from official source, Deino ? Seems they have several project in one timeline, under FC-1 line project interesting, that UCAV perhaps exist, I doubt with the 'white stealth fighter', and that Y-20 below, look they have plan for Y-20 in future if the chart not wrong. Do you have bigger image of this chart ?

Is that chart from official source, Deino ? Seems they have several project in one timeline, under FC-1 line project interesting, that UCAV perhaps exist, I doubt with the 'white stealth fighter', and that Y-20 below, look they have plan for Y-20 in future if the chart not wrong. Do you have bigger image of this chart ?

Regrettably not !

I know this chart since years but always only very small or too much blurred ... today I found it and even if I'm sure that in most cases these drawings are merely placeholders of real models or projects I'm also sure that they are a hint of something real.

That Y-20 is in fact an Il-76 and here I'm sure it fits nicely to reports about a projected KJ-2000 based on an Il-76 but with three conformal arrays similar to the IAI Phalcon system used on the 707.
Consequently that UAV/UCAV could be a placeholder for the Sharp Sword Lijian but what project or programme was that white type? Looks very much like a stealthy ground-attack plane.

Deino

Could You please translate what's written under that white type?

Under the white plane says "third generation fighter", since it branches straight off the FC-1, it probably just a proposed upgrade version of the FC-1, or concept, since it has the same thing under it as the flankers, both say " third generation fighter"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom