What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

Via by78 /SDF:
Various China's aerial and space assets in one chart
Graphic by Peter Wood | Objects not to scale | All altitudes are based on public estimates

View attachment 694242

As commented by Bltizo there:
  • the fuselages of KJ-200 and KJ-500 should be of the same size as both being the same Y-8 cat III / Y-9 airframe.
  • Yilong is better called as "Wing Loong I" for consistency with Wing Loong II - -- or better again just called GJ-1 and GJ-2 respectively

Guess they didn’t know where to put the WZ-8 drone.

J-8III made its maiden flight on December 12, 1993
b6765e8bly1glk8r9yp6wj20lp0erq5c.jpg

Via @航空工业 from Weibo

From Eva 郑 عائشة @evazhengll on 2021.01.10:

P神预测贴
(lit. a god or deity's prediction)

peishen2020's Forecast & Speculation on China's Aircraft Development in the 14th Five-Year Pla...jpg

The Forecast & Speculation by peishen2020 on China's aircraft development for the 14th Five-Year Plan (dated on 2021-01-09):

The 2021 is the first year of the 14th Five-Year Plan. This post is to discuss the forecast and speculation of China's aircraft development in the next five years. Just “floor tiles lead to jade” “只是地砖引玉” (I don't really get this phrase, but I guess it means "basic or limited revealed info"). Let's talk about it, and add more info so I can get 500,000 yuan :-) [what a cool persuasion to other fellow members while carrying a big stick... :laugh: lol]

1) Fighter Aircraft

• The first flight of J-20B two-seater multipurpose model in 2021

• The first flight of J-20C modified fighter with WS-15 engine (Emei) in 2022

• The first flight of J-15B electromagnetic catapult carrier-based fighter in 2021

• The first flight of the next generation carrier-based fighter (new naval type) in 2021

• The first flight of J-15BD electromagnetic catapult carrier-based electronic warfare aircraft in 2023

• The first flight of J-20BD two-seater electronic warfare model in 2025

2) Helicopters / Rotor-Wing Aircraft

• The first flight of AC-313A, 14-ton advanced civil helicopter in 2022

• The first flight of Z-20 special combat 10-ton special operations/assault helicopter in 2022

• The first flight of Z-X8, 14~15-ton heavy military helicopter (military version of AC-313A) in 2023

• The first flight of the next generation of 10-ton heavy armed helicopter in 2022

• The first flight of AC-332, 4-ton advanced civil helicopter in 2022

• The first flight of AC-322, 2~3-ton advanced civil helicopter in 2023

• The first flight of AC-352, 7-ton advanced civil helicopter in 2023

• The first flight of the heavy military helicopter of the 35~40-ton class in 2025

• The first flight of a large tiltrotor demonstrator aircraft in 2023

• The first flight of a high-speed propulsion full-scale verification aircraft in 2025

3) Drones / Bombers

• The first flight of the last improved model of the H-6, i.e. H-6X, in 2021

The first flight of the H-20 subsonic stealth long-range strategic bomber in 2023

• The first flight of the long-range stealth attack aircraft, a strategic and tactical strike aircraft for the Navy and Air Force, in 2024

• The first flight of the 攻击-20 (“Gongji-20” / “GJ-20” ??) long-range stealth integrated ground attack aircraft in 2023

• The first flight of the Rainbow-7 / CH-7 stealth attack aircraft in 2021

• The first flight of the Tengdun / TD UAV, a large commercial drone with a load of 20 tons, in 2023

4) Special Aircraft

?

5) Civil / Passenger Aircraft

• The first flight of the CR-929, a large long-haul, wide-body twinjet passenger plane, in 2025

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like each of us, some netizen commented: How good were Peishen's predictions?

The straight answer, just give it some time and see, some of the predictions will reveal themselves within 2021!

Twin-seat variation & domestic engine-equipped version of J-20 make official appearances (2021-01-10)

Z-20 to be China's most-delivered military helicopter, multiple variants expected (2020-11-19)

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this is or if anyone is interested in it, but hushkit.net made an interview with me - in fact one, I enjoyed a lot - on the PLAAF and the Chinese aviation industry:

Everything you always wanted to know about Chinese air power (but were afraid to ask) – Interview with Andreas Rupprecht

And again as usual: I'm always open for any comment and even more for critics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom