What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

I agree better not include the map on cover page, both India and China would not like it. Scan carefully on the South West frontier and East Sea off shore on the color of the map....

I agree better not include the map on cover page, both India and China would not like it. Scan carefully on the South West frontier and East Sea off shore on the color of the map....

To admit, that's the publisher's concept and he won't change that ...

Anyway, probably I was too naïve, but what really annoys me is, that he promised a review and he must be aware of this strange "rule" already before he insisted several times - plus always promising - to send him the books for free in return for a review.

As such; I'm really annoyed by his blatant lie. If he would have given me a bad review due to this issue, due to the high price in India or due to other points he does not agree or the Indian side has a different perception and understanding, then fine, it would be his opinion,... but now I'm indeed - sorry to say so - really pissed off. :hitwall:

Deino

To admit, that's the publisher's concept and he won't change that ...

Anyway, probably I was too naïve, but what really annoys me is, that he promised a review and he must be aware of this strange "rule" already before he insisted several times - plus always promising - to send him the books for free in return for a review.

As such; I'm really annoyed by his blatant lie. If he would have given me a bad review due to this issue, due to the high price in India or due to other points he does not agree or the Indian side has a different perception and understanding, then fine, it would be his opinion,... but now I'm indeed - sorry to say so - really pissed off. :hitwall:

Deino

But you still can give him (the publisher) your opinion about that. Like telling him that both Chinese and Indian hate the map picture. He doesn't want lose potential buyers just because the cover is hated by them, is he?

But you still can give him (the publisher) your opinion about that. Like telling him that both Chinese and Indian hate the map picture. He doesn't want lose potential buyers just because the cover is hated by them, is he?

Agreed and that's what we already do. However the general concept for all Harpia books is a map + a cover aircraft.

Concerning to decide on the correct map its anyway a dance on the top rope, since Indians want to have all disputed territories marked as Indian without any discussion, Chinese would like to have the same and especially including Taiwan. My point however is to show - even if I might offend some certain groups on both sides - the political status quo, reality as it is and not as one of both sides would like to and that is simply "disputed" in certain areas and Taiwan is de facto not yet under control of the PRC, consequently it makes no sense to include in an orbat description.

Agreed and that's what we already do. However the general concept for all Harpia books is a map + a cover aircraft.

Concerning to decide on the correct map its anyway a dance on the top rope, since Indians want to have all disputed territories marked as Indian without any discussion, Chinese would like to have the same and especially including Taiwan. My point however is to show - even if I might offend some certain groups on both sides - the political status quo, reality as it is and not as one of both sides would like to and that is simply "disputed" in certain areas and Taiwan is de facto not yet under control of the PRC, consequently it makes no sense to include in an orbat description.

Well, actually you can draw a map without any border, or color that identify Chinese territory. Just a google map model or a Globe that focus on the area of China. Let's the readers decide the border themselves, according to their own political belief.

Well, actually you can draw a map without any border, or color that identify Chinese territory. Just a google map model or a Globe that focus on the area of China. Let's the readers decide the border themselves, according to their own political belief.

Yes, but I think, my publisher like to provoke a bit ...

Yes, but I think, my publisher like to provoke a bit ...
Why don't you color in the dispute areas with another color ... let's say orange. Taiwan and the disputed territories with India could be orange

J-8
微信图片_20181203001324.jpg
微信图片_20181203001327.jpg
微信图片_20181203001330.jpg
微信图片_20181203001333.jpg
微信图片_20181203001337.jpg
微信图片_20181203001340.jpg
微信图片_20181203001344.jpg

Currently the best pilot of PLAAF. Fly a vintage Su-27SK/J-11A. Awarded golden helmet 3 times. His victory feat including a record 42 : 0 over an experience pilot enemy during simulated exercise. He claimed EW is highly critical in modern warfare. It can totally blind an enemy sensor ,making them totally unaware of your presense and his position while he shot it down without even his foe realizing it.

Last edited:
Quite interesting report if true posted at the SDF:

A blogger who supposedly lives beside SAC (and whom Huitong follows) claims that a new aircraft made its maiden flight, and that it supposedly uses thrust vectoring engines.

Sound like: "This is another fighter to fly with TVC after the other example"

https://www.weibo.com/2314989297/H7rip61YR

If the "other" fighter mentioned refers to the J-10B-TVC, then this could either be the known J-20 or a Flanker derivative - given that this poster is indeed related to SAC?

What do you think?
Deino

Back
Top Bottom