What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

Sorry, but that claim is outright false.

The Sharp Sword UCAV demonstrator has already completed its developmental phase and is transitioning a combat-capable drone.
The J-16D & J-15D are all in testing and should enter service in a few years.
The J-16 is already in service.
The FC-31 allegedly will become the basis for the next-generation carrier-borne fighter for the PLAN.
The Divine Eagle URAV has been spotted to be under testing.
The JH-XX bomber is still in the concept phase so it's a bit premature to call it a successful or unsuccessful venture.

So, what exactly is the major disappointment here?

Sorry, but that claim is outright false.

The Sharp Sword UCAV demonstrator has already completed its developmental phase and is transitioning a combat-capable drone.
The J-16D & J-15D are all in testing and should enter service in a few years.
The J-16 is already in service.
The FC-31 allegedly will become the basis for the next-generation carrier-borne fighter for the PLAN.
The Divine Eagle URAV has been spotted to be under testing.
The JH-XX bomber is still in the concept phase so it's a bit premature to call it a successful or unsuccessful venture.

So, what exactly is the major disappointment here?
Can you read Chinese?

No :(... and therefore I beg for a translation. :smitten:

The author of the post is complaining of the following:
- 4 of the pictured projects have Russian lineage
- 2 of the projects have not been approved
- 1 of the projects have just begun but the export customer was unsatisfied with it
- The final project can't even fool its own creators into thinking that it's good (bad translation, my take on it)

The rest of the post is just one massive dump on SAC in general, even though I need to point out that some of the statements are not in agreement with rumors from credible "big shrimps" & insiders.

The author of the post is complaining of the following:
- 4 of the pictured projects have Russian lineage
- 2 of the projects have not been approved
- 1 of the projects have just begun but the export customer was unsatisfied with it
- The final project can't even fool its own creators into thinking that it's good (bad translation, my take on it)

The rest of the post is just one massive dump on SAC in general, even though I need to point out that some of the statements are not in agreement with rumors from credible "big shrimps" & insiders.
SAC needs to do better.

435b56ec529b63035570dee5e0efa5ec.jpg
fb947dc6e5381f7c4c0714ba25f45e2f.jpg
74ad4d9a2fa3019f48c0b2f77f0e2842.jpg
de7e5b2a781fd53ccd62b71c8715b260.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom