What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

This is the video of J-10 B with WS-10 engine. After 1:11 you can see the Jet exhaust to compare any differences.

Plus at 1:11 there is J-20 in the back ground. What is the Yellow thing between the J-20 tail.

That's where the Speed Reduction Parachute is installed.
jx003_1-750x500.jpg
j-20-stealth-fighter-jet-lands-with-a-speed-reduction-parachute-2.jpg
j-20-stealth-fighter-jet.jpg

That's a nice design installing the chute in there and USA never thought of it, good going these small thinking make big things happen.
Maybe I misunderstand you, but are you telling the world that the US never thought of using the drag chute to slow down a landing aircraft? This is going to be interesting.

Maybe I misunderstand you, but are you telling the world that the US never thought of using the drag chute to slow down a landing aircraft? This is going to be interesting.

I nearly spit out my soda when I read this.

lol I am telling USA never use it in F-35 in a concealed way.

Is it possible J-16 benefit from the extreme weight saving technic just like J-20? Therefore result in high weight to thrust ratio even with just 8:1 thrust engine power.

Same J-10 C.

Last edited:
Is it possible J-16 benefit from the extreme weight saving technic just like J-20? Therefore result in high weight to thrust ratio even with just 8:1 thrust engine power.

Same J-10 C.
Cost will increase sharply if so.

there has been such rumors, based on highly inefficient and ridiculous procurement policies of SAC. And conversely, the highly efficient running of the J-20 program. This isn't the first time I've heard of this. Sometime back I was reading specifically about the use of subcontractors, on how the J-20 used clear competition, while SAC used obscure traditional partnerships.

there has been such rumors, based on highly inefficient and ridiculous procurement policies of SAC. And conversely, the highly efficient running of the J-20 program. This isn't the first time I've heard of this. Sometime back I was reading specifically about the use of subcontractors, on how the J-20 used clear competition, while SAC used obscure traditional partnerships.

From Chinese online community, there is a more sensible story that CAC, mainly Institute 611, used subcontractors from space, electronic, ordnance and even ship building industry, whereas SAC and Institute 601 has been always strictly followed orders from their AVIC bosses and subcontracted with other AVIC companies. For sometime in the J-20 program, the PLAAF had to intervene to repel distraction from the AVIC management.

This issue plus some others must have been escalated to the top leadership of the Communist Party. So the real estate, engine and large passenger aircraft businesses were all stripped away from AVIC and former AVIC head Lin Zuoming was forced retired.

Back
Top Bottom