What's new

China's Xinjiang to ban burqas in public

Haha,those stupid commie officials used to send Muslim youths to Saudi Arabia to study Islam, lol@@@@@@ and radicalized normal Muslims. Those stupid commie officials are now copying the French even with same reasons, which I just read in Chinese news sites. Cannot they do thorough study of Chinese Muslims and examine history of Muslim clothing and its impact on society at large? This would be more convincing to the targeted Muslims for them to accept this new regulation.

But nevertheless, this is a good move. The burqa or whatever was never traditional Muslim clothing in Xinjiang or any parts of China. it was a newly imported form of radical Islam from Saudi Arabia.

Then you should also wear it.

Well+then+that+s+the+law+part+of+the+degree+not+_6dd1e48e2f7e06b1efcad185ee3aa345.jpg

sir, I would love this to happen in Pakistan too

by the way covering of the head in the sub continent is practised together by Hindu, Muslim and Sikh women .. whereas Burqa is an Arab import which is unnecessary
yes, and I think we don't need to stick in others's internal matters, like most of our beard people do... its their internal matter .. :pakistan::china:

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum. Though I have been following the debates here for almost 6 years now.

here is my take on the issue-- burqa as a choice should be fine, unless it's a security threat. But I think this thread has missed some important points.
first of all, a Burqa signals a mentality that all men want to have sex with the said woman- which is insulting to men.

second, and I say this from experience -- burqa is not a choice , but is forced on many young children and teenagers. They can't protest against their own parents, so such a ban will help prevent this. Also, some of my muslim friends wear it due to social and (subtle) family pressure.
the same applies to other forms of purdah being practiced in the Indian subcontinent- particularly by the rajasthanis and the jata of Haryana.
Not looking to start a fight, just giving my two bits....

Yes, but they didn't wear ninja costumes and shuttlecock.

and now such ugly clothing is considered "islamic"... all thanks be to our lord usa.

Then you should also wear it.

that is what was said in a speech given by the great jamal abdul nasser... he was talking about the ikhwaan ( "muslim" brotherhood ) criminal gang in north africa ( egypt, specifically )... he was talking of the insistence of leader of ikhwaan about egypt adopting burqa... and someone from the audience says what you said about the ikhwaan leader... the audience laughs... those were fine times...

Where else will the women wear burqa if not in public?
China is the most anti-islam/anti-muslim country in the world.
apni maa behan ko nanga bhejta ho ga tu to phr ?begairat apnay country ki history pr tujay pta chal jaye ga k ghungat or dupatta hum apni aourat ki hifazat k liaye krte hain

watch the nasser video above... and mr. pathan king, aatehi gaali shuroo??

this might just promote violence,plus ISLAM doesn't say cover your face!WTH

second, and I say this from experience -- burqa is not a choice , but is forced on many young children and teenagers. They can't protest against their own parents, so such a ban will help prevent this. Also, some of my muslim friends wear it due to social and (subtle) family pressure.

the same applies to other forms of purdah being practiced in the Indian subcontinent- particularly by the rajasthanis and the jata of Haryana.
Not looking to start a fight, just giving my two bits....

correct, very good first post... and please see my post above ( #70 ), show it to your friends and tell them that the true muslim heroes banned the burqa, made fun of it... but it is the western governments which through proxies ( qaeda/taliban/ikhwaan/fsa etc ) bring back the burqa.

Last edited:
It is funny to see how Indian members are trying to bait Pakistani and Chinese members. What we should be doing is to appluad the Chinese and follow their footsteps. China knows Islam and Muslims if not handled properly might pose a threat to their integrity. China is making efforts to nip it in the bud.

Remember Indian Muslims are 10 times anti-national than the Chinese ones. Yet our Muslim appeasement is getting worse day by day.
I think its only the Indian Kashmiris that have that problem, otherwise the Indian muslims I have met from mainland India are happy and very much nationalists. I have even met a BJP supporter as well few years ago before Modi came to power.

I agree with what you are saying, our Indian friends are just flame baiting to cause some match off between Chinese and Pakistani members or at least take some shots at Pakistanis who wont complain about Chinese methods.

to wrap up I would say.. the full face mask and tent is more of an Arabian tribal custom. the Muslim women were to keep their "dignity" (a subjective term of course) and that basically meant avoiding revealing dress and covering the head something which our Hindu and Sikh women also observe with great dignity and honour. I am talking about real India and Pakistan, not its urbanized and commercialized form where our women of any faith have a Westernised outlook (again, not judging them for that and not questioning their honour and dignity) only mentioned because the topic here is Burqa.

that said, if ANY Muslim man or woman feels really strongly about keeping Burqa then I think its better she stays home because few things like these don't make sense and practically KILL the whole "philosophy" of Burqa (if there is any).

pictures below will only invite ridicule. YES its your right to wear my Muslim sister but few things don't match with the Burqa you will only invite unwanted attention and jokes thrown at you.

9769416331_68ccd4a254_m.jpg

burqa-playground.jpg

Then you should visit North India, it will chance your outlook. Most of Indian Muslims are pro-Ummah. National interests take a backseat for them.
which state of North India? this is strange for me.

by the way. I wont worry about being pro-Ummah or less Nationalist, as long as such feeling doesn't translate into anti state feeling and anti state actions (I say this for both of our countries).

although I personally find the pro Ullah "Muslims" somewhat hypocrites but I tolerate them as long as they don't force their views. by the way such people are normally potential recruits for the International Islamic terrorist organisations, with a little work, less nationalist can be translated into "Anti Everyone else" and eventually anti state.

THIS has to be prevented and cooperation is a must, the catch 22 is our age old disputes which need a civilized solution that doesn't leave any bitter taste among us and actually bring us so close that our children of the future wonder why did it take us too long to reconcile? (I wrote last paragraph with all due respect

Every state in the north.

The only reason why we are not seeing a full-fledges seperatist movement like Kashmir is because of their numbers. Once they become majority in some states. You will witness a Kashmir like movement in those states. You can already see the trailer in some states like Assam,WB,Kerala and UP.
is there any wahabi / salafi footprint there? what faith do they follow? almost 100% of all international Islamic terrorism is attributed to wahabis with different names (salafis in Arabia and Deobandis in subcontinent).

I dont beleive in your theory that Ahle Hadiths,Wahabi/Salafi and deobandis are the bad ones. And barelvis and Shias basically good people.
I never said that
since one set of sects is bad IT AUTOMATICALLY MEANS the other set of sects is good

when I mentioned wahabis, I was pointing out at the set of faith or ideology followed by Daish, ISIS, ISL, FSA, Al Qaeda , Taliban, TTP, LeJ, Boko Haram, IMU , Jemaah Islamiyah.
ALL of them follow the same faith which is routinely called as an extreme version of Sunni Islam.

I dont have any special love for Irani Ayatullahs and Beralvi lynch mobsters (they are also demented and inhumane towards their fellow citizens) but their actions pale in comparison to what the above set in red has achieved in recent decade. we cant be PC here and for the sake of debate give equal treatment to both groups.

Back
Top Bottom