What's new

China’s Tencent is now a bigger gaming company than Microsoft and Activision

Wonder why China still can't make video games
Just try 《300英雄 / 300 HEROS》, as good as LOL. 'China version LOL' U will enjoy it !:cheers: The best of 山寨 game :azn: AMAZING !

300 HEROS, come on buddy join us !!!

mj0402bj02s.jpg

What u see ?! :rofl:
u=3460748193,926525437&fm=23&gp=0.jpg

MN0T2825P9HF.jpg

20137241043384030002.jpg

Last edited:
I played Perfect World which is a Chinese game for 5 years. It started as an awesome game but as time went on they started to heavily commercialize it. In the end it was just money not skills. Sadly I and almost all of my friend gave up otherwise we all used to play it together and I was badly addicted.

Sometimes it is not just the game, it is also you that is changed. I used to play world of warcraft quite a bit and was pretty good at it, but a few years into the game, I realized I just don't have the time for it anymore. I have jobs, research and plenty of other things I need to do. Basically the game lost a lot of its attractiveness simple because other things becomes higher priority.

Sometimes it is not just the game, it is also you that is changed. I used to play world of warcraft quite a bit and was pretty good at it, but a few years into the game, I realized I just don't have the time for it anymore. I have jobs, research and plenty of other things I need to do. Basically the game lost a lot of its attractiveness simple because other things becomes higher priority.
Actually more than me it was the game that changed. It's true that I don't have time anymore but if they refrained from changing the nature of the game I would've have continued it for some time. Over the time they made it easier to advance through levels which completely destroyed the curiosity. Also they introduced a new item which you can buy from real money and open to receive an in-game item. The more you buy that item, the higher the chance of you getting an expensive and a powerful in-game item.

Last edited:
China Internet giant Tencent building audacious new headquarters

CAPTIONS

Chinese Internet giant Tencent is building a new headquarters in Shenzhen, China.
(NBBJ /March 12, 2014)

By Chris O'Brien
March 13, 2014, 6:57 a.m.

In Silicon Valley, companies like Apple, Facebook, and Google are building big, sprawling campuses. Despite being in what feels like an overbuilt region, the companies continue to find open spaces to extend their footprint.

But in Shenzhen, China, Internet goliath Tencent finds itself in even tighter quarters. So when it decided to build a new headquarters, it needed to go up, rather than out.

The company hired architectural firm NBBJ, which is also designing Amazon's distinct biodome campus in downtown Seattle. The firm's idea: Try to take the concept of a big, open campus and turn it on its side in the form a tower.

The result is a pair of towers that total 2.6 million square feet of space and 55 floors.

The concern about high rises for many tech companies is that they will segregate and isolate employees. Many of the new Silicon Valley campuses are designed with the idea of getting employees to mix and have spontaneous interactions that will spark creativity and innovation.

To overcome that, the two towers are connected by swirling sky bridges where hopefully employees will interact. Each sky bridge has different themes, such as health, culture and knowledge. They include plazas and restaurants and fitness centers.

Set to be complete in 2016, the new HQ will have space for 12,000 employees.

China Internet giant Tencent building audacious new headquarters - latimes.com

so I am in the gaming market as a profession( head up global Biz Dev). I know we get asked to come out to ChinaJoy every year because our technology is in over 400 titles/games , but always decline because they insist on having our technology in their data centers and we are wary of doing so.

anyhow what Chinese games are played outside China?

There are many types of game pc games, mobile games, and the rapid growing sector is the mobile games.
Addict to games especially online games is not a good thing. Tencent growed up rapidly by meeting clients' needs and step into many business such as communication, game, electronic commerce, social network platform, search engines, etc. Maybe next important business is mobile social network communications and the platform is WECHAT which is worthing 64 billion dollars. www.wechat.com

Tencent sucks, hate that damn company.
So am I. But we have to admit that after twenty years the company became a giant and normal people of China can't live without the QQ and WeiXin though there are too much commercial applications binded to the QQ and sometimes it's just annoying.

Lol.....Boeing is the biggest game company. What? They never made a game? Same as this joke.

Actually, ‘LOL’ is also a game name of Tencent. It has more means in Chinese and it's very popular in university.

Lol.....Boeing is the biggest game company. What? They never made a game? Same as this joke.

they make games for local consumption. the revenues the chinese are boasting of- come off american and european companies they have invested in. But it is still a pretty successful company as an entity

good, american games suck ***, they spent more on advertisement and bribing videomagazines than they do on developing games, diablo 3 collectors edition was the last american i bought and it will keep that way. But i am neither a fan of free to play, except tekken revolution. I am more into retro games like the snes and neogeo.

Back
Top Bottom