What's new

China’s Submarine Fleet, Evolution & news

Many underestimate the capabilities of a modern diesel electric submarine especially equipped with an AIP system.

Come on guys ... first a new thread for a topic we already have and then pure political issues!

Stay on topic and better take care what and where you post. :crazy:

Chinese Navy conducts submarine rescue drill in South China Sea
CGTN
Published on Jul 29, 2018

Chinese Navy’s Nanhai Fleet has recently conducted a submarine rescue drill in the South China Sea. Participating units included the fleet’s submarine assistance force, a Navy aviation unit and a Navy medics department. The drill simulated a nuclear submarine accident in unfamiliar waters and the rescue team was tasked with searching for the missing submarine.

Chinese Navy conducts submarine rescue drill in South China Sea
CGTN
Published on Jul 29, 2018

Chinese Navy’s Nanhai Fleet has recently conducted a submarine rescue drill in the South China Sea. Participating units included the fleet’s submarine assistance force, a Navy aviation unit and a Navy medics department. The drill simulated a nuclear submarine accident in unfamiliar waters and the rescue team was tasked with searching for the missing submarine.
An important drill remembering those fatal accidents involving the submarines from other navies. The most notable recent case this year was the missing of an ARG sub, lost for so many days that I thought all the crews were sadly gone eventually, though I didn't follow its news till the end. Then another notable case involved a RUS sub many years ago had accident in deep water, all crews were sadly gone too. Therefore PLAN should be well prepared for such contingency, has all the needed equipment to conduct such search and rescue tasks incl in the deep water... not just producing the subs without means to do effective submarine SAR operations! The Chinese should have been wiser seeing those fatal cases.

7dccb250cf6cdbd7fb8b76534beb318d.jpg
f6923a4dad9ed2ef38d6e936f7265f4f.jpg

The CEO of the Chinese naval Group CSIC has visited the Bohai shipyard in recent days, including the new assembly halls of the nuclear submarines. The military detachments of the Chinese navy seem to be there.

From Henri Kenhmann tweet below (01 Aug):

Looking forward to learn the new assembly facility of Bohai shipyard to churn out many new submarines in years ahead. But again there may be just quiet news alias no news on this kind of under water asset. Unlike the surface combatants satellite image can hardly peep into this stuff :p:

Just dig some of my handy archives about the news/article on Bohai shipyard and the sub development :p:

Going by the latest "Eight-part Essay", the productions of both the next generation submarines of Type 095 SSN (nuclear-powered general-purpose attack submarine) and the Type 096 SSBN (nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine) are in full swing. Quantum leap in ALL that matter! (late April 2018)

Read it here:
【贯彻落实新时代中船重工高质量发展战略纲要】七一九所:这一场变革不容易 (2018-04-17)
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/crSXJIVym4hs00adKi0Kcw

And over one year ago, the coverage by the Eastern Arsenal/Popular Science:

China is building the world's largest nuclear submarine facility — Popular Science (April 2017)

GIANT FACTORY

When this enclosed submarine factory begins operation later this year, the Bohai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co. (BSHIC) will be able to quickly build nuclear submarines. Assembling SSNs in a building also provides the advantage of sheltering against the weather, not to mention nosy spy satellites.

http://www.popsci.com/china-nuclear-submarine-facility#page-2

China's new submarine is poised to revolutionize underwater warfare (June 2017)
http://www.popsci.com/china-new-submarine-engine-revolutionize-underwater-warfare

“When 191 scientific researchers clicked on the “Archive” button of the last data package sent to the remote production facility, all the young people present cheered loudly, and many people had tears in their eyes. At that moment, the memorable bits and pieces of the course of several years of struggle have emerged in front of us: some researchers fought hard until the middle of the night with dried eyes and refused to disembark; some researchers lost their parents but returned home for just three days. Soon to return to the team to participate in the uphill battles; there are Liu Yicheng, the Deputy Chief also a good teacher himself, with over 50-year experiences also personally translated more than 3,000 pages of information; Leng Wenjun, master of numerous times, engaged in such grinding researches to solve the problems till the middle of the night...”

Btw China's new nuclear-powered submarine project is highly classified, only quite limited info is made available! It's shrouded in big mystery! :p:
THUS QUIET NEWS!

Can I ask stupid question from a ignorant guy? what their will capability equal to? Borei? Seawolf? Congratulations to their hard work effort.

Can I ask stupid question from a ignorant guy? what their will capability equal to? Borei? Seawolf? Congratulations to their hard work effort.

Skipjack class at best.

I'll give you some recent quotes ... judge for yourself.

719所所长翁震平:“我们要在短时间走完先进国家几十年走过的路。”
Wang Zhenping, director of 719 Institute, said : "we have to walk the decades long road of advanced countries in a short period of time."

海军工程大学院士何琳:预计到2025年左右,中国的核潜艇将达到世界一流水平。
He Lin, an academician at the Naval Engineering University, predicts that China's nuclear submarines will reach world-class levels by 2025.

中船重工:加快实现新型核潜艇攻关突破,为海军2025年实现走向深蓝远海的战略转型提供高质量武器装备。
CSIC : Accelerate the breakthrough of the new nuclear submarine and provide high quality weapons and equipment for the Navy's strategic transformation to the deep blue and distant sea by 2025.

Wang Zhenping, director of 719 Institute, said : "we have to walk the decades long road of advanced countries in a short period of time."

He Lin, an academician at the Naval Engineering University, predicts that China's nuclear submarines will reach world-class levels by 2025.

CSIC : Accelerate the breakthrough of the new nuclear submarine and provide high quality weapons and equipment for the Navy's strategic transformation to the deep blue and distant sea by 2025.

Are these from my summary?:-)

That's interesting, I wonder if the meaning is that in 2025 the submarine in active service will reach the world class level, if yes than I believe type 09V reaching the level of early Virginia is reasonable, or not even better.

Type 09V could be in active service by then.

That's interesting, I wonder if the meaning is that in 2025 the submarine in active service will reach the world class level, if yes than I believe type 09V reaching the level of early Virginia is reasonable, or not even better.

Type 09V could be in active service by then.
I think so ... they are clearly referring to the 09V and 09VI.

Back
Top Bottom