What's new

China’s soft power push gains ground as entertainment exports surge

Is this true? Maybe you mistake the korean with chinese comics, most Wuxia comics I read on Mangadex are either drawn by taiwanese/hongkonger or chinese, not korean.
The Cultivation PC game is also made by a chinese team too.
That's true. For example this Korean comic with wuxia genre : The Return of Mount Hua Sect

images (6).jpg

To be fair, the women's butt swinging is Korean ripping off the american.

The logic is simple: the press says that more foreign women come to Korea to f*ck korean men, this means there should more be marriage/family and birthrate in S. Korea. Unfortunately, this isn't true, so unless the foreign women just use korean men as 1-night stand, I have doubt about the previous claim. And no, China and Japan have taken western hegemony of entertainment since at least the 60s with HK movies and samurai movies, and then 80s with japanese anime and chinese movies onward.

Also, I'd like source on either statement, please. I have provided mine, and I doubt that korean music can increase from less 1 billion USD to 12 billion USD in 3 years.
In ancient China, the emperor often asked the Korean king to pay tribute to China with young people as tribute. These people are usually used as eunuchs and maids of the emperor.

The Chinese emperor's request is "南男北女", which means men in the southern part of the Korean Peninsula and women in the northern part of the Korean Peninsula.

This shows that the men in the south of the Korean Peninsula and the women in the north of the Korean Peninsula are really beautiful, otherwise the emperor would look for palace maids and eunuchs from other places.

Is this true? Maybe you mistake the korean with chinese comics, most Wuxia comics I read on Mangadex are either drawn by taiwanese/hongkonger or chinese, not korean.
The Cultivation PC game is also made by a chinese team too.
There are several Chinese Wuxia that drawn by Koreans, and they're good. The example (and not only) are Murim Login, Return of Mount Hua Sect, Infinite Level Up in Murim, Way to Heaven, and Lightning Degree.

There are several Chinese Wuxia that drawn by Koreans, and they're good. The example (and not only) are Murim Login, Return of Mount Hua Sect, Infinite Level Up in Murim, Way to Heaven, and Lightning Degree.
Kind of surreal for me to read some of these manga, they are clearly dressed in chinese clothing, yet they are talking korean and their special martial arts are in korean.
Then again, I guess it's a matter of translation.

Kind of surreal for me to read some of these manga, they are clearly dressed in chinese clothing, yet they are talking korean and their special martial arts are in korean.
To Koreans, it is Korean clothing and Korean martial arts.

Well, I don't know about that. Because what I read are already translated, and localized to English.

China has potential until government’s grip on media loosen a bit. There are a lot topics that creaters in China need to avoid so that they can stay uncensored. Genshin borrowed the shell of Japanese ACG culture and had good receptions. A lot of Chinese dramas are receiving higher views than before. But as long as China media doctrine stays unchanged, the soft power China can project worldwidely would be severely limited.

The recent news of bus accident that killed 27 people is so heavily censored that it only appeared in one social media, “Zhihu”, and in a small tab of the main page. And it’s intentionally filtered so the news will never show on the trendy page because the bus is the government vehicle transferring people for Covid quarantine, and at 2:30 AM!

What can I say, China is fuking shitty on soft power projection, because the elites and government dare not claim and face their dark side.

Not gambling. Winner earns no money. It's called pay-to-Win game business model
I thought it was called "Loot Box System" Pay to Win most likely mean a lot of different stuff from buying item to buying In-Game Money with real money just for you to win.

Loot Box is a part of Pay to Win strategy tho. Which is the reason why I was deterred from gaming nowadays and going back to AAA single player title like Red Dead Redemption 2 or State of Decay 2

Back
Top Bottom