What's new

China's president to visit Vietnam amid South China Sea tension

Vietnamese were basically both beggars and a double faced neighbour in China's history. More then 100 years ago, they double played China and France and became a French colony; they double played China and Soviets and became a rival of China that supported the country for 20 some years; they now are double playing China and the US or China and Japan to gain their best interests. Who knows exactly what would be the destiny of Democratic Republic of ...

Your beg on US for military protection makes me think of Ngô Đình Diệm or Chiang Kai-shek

US navy truned back for free navigation, no one can begg him. You can cry now, chinese aggressor.

Vietnamese were basically both beggars and a double faced neighbour in China's history. More then 100 years ago, they double played China and France and became a French colony; they double played China and Soviets and became a rival of China that supported the country for 20 some years; they now are double playing China and the US or China and Japan to gain their best interests. Who knows exactly what would be the destiny of Democratic Republic of ...

China shook hands with France in 1954 and with USA in 1972 in back of us. You can not denied that China is allied with USA in cold war.

The loans from China to Vietnam must be forbid to purchase foreign weapons, i heard last time after 2008 Asia Economy Crisis Vietnam government loan $ 1.5billion soft-loan from China BeiJing and turn around go Russia to buy 'Kilo' subs ... really WTF ?!

So the loans from China and funds supervision in Vietnam should by Chinese from BeiJing. Anyways Chinese money isn't FREE & any loan to Vietnam should think twice.
You are too superstitious. Place your trust on Vietnam my friend, don't believe too much to enemy propaganda.

US navy truned back for free navigation, no one can begg him. You can cry now, chinese aggressor.
Cry? That's not the style of we Chinese people. Out only response to the U.S. ships are to continuing our island construction and build more DF21, DF26, J10, J11, J15, J16, J20, 052D, 055, aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, anti satellite missiles, CNMD.

I rarely comment in Sino-Vietnam relationship but allow me to say a few words.

China does have enemy, but who are they? Perhaps we should look at the existing world order, how benefits are reaped, who are the beneficiaries, what they do to preserve status quo, then we may find out in the big picture. Now move focus back to Sino-Vietnam relationship, yes there are prevailing territorial disputes in the seas, there are unpleasant memories of the past, but it's hard to equivalate a smaller land-bordered neigbour of similar politico-social system as a mortal enemy in any sense. I appreciate what both Xi, as well as his counterpart Trong, are trying to do, that's resetting the relationship, avoiding war tragedy from happening again, and build a foundation for co-development. Well beings of people in both countries rely on their leaders' wisdom in maximizing the common denominator in between, and take solid steps in remedying the finite differences. This state visit, first of its kind in almost a decade, is a good progress.

Well that's just my personal opinion, a bit boring it might be, so now I will leave this thread, let the keyboard war resume!

Aligning of interest based on ideology is very 1970s.

Cry? That's not the style of we Chinese people. Out only response to the U.S. ships are to continuing our island construction and build more DF21, DF26, J10, J11, J15, J16, J20, 052D, 055, aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, anti satellite missiles, CNMD.

we are watching the game.

Yeah, Mr.Deng may did Nothing wrong in 1979 base on his short vision, but the next generation ( Cnese now) is suffering for what he did.

CN lost TW,Senkaku thanks for Deng's surrender in 1978,1979 and never can take back cos no more communist bloc to support CN against US any more. And poor Cnese still living in hard life now, you can see young Cnese crawling around the lake just for keeping low paid jobs that soon will be taken away in TPP.

Not really. Deng was quite smart. Unlike Mao who was an ideologists to the core, Deng was a visionary leader and a pragmatic one. Had he ruled China from the beginning instead of Mao, then China would have been a developed country long ago along with Japan and S.Korea.

Mao's obssession with ideology is what made China so poor, isolated from the world and backward to the point where even North Korea had better living standards than them. So contrary to what you said, had China carried on with Mao's policy/ideology and soviet style model instead of opening up to the west and partnering with the U.S/west then believe me it would have been just another giant version of North Korea today, nothing more.

So if anything Deng was a visionary leader who looked at things from a long term perspective and he is the one who is to be credited with China's current prosperity/growth. He is kind of like Japan's Meiji who revolutionised Japan and opened up Japan to the west/world and changed Japan forever. China was just a little too late in the game. So if anything you should be praising Deng not Mao.

Deng did the right thing by casting aside the outdated failed soviet commie ideology and ushering in a more forward looking pragmatic model for his country and adopting close ties with western powers and Japan which brought in huge investments from western countries and overseas Chinese. Only a fool/die hard commie will say Mao was better than Deng in running a country.:bounce:

Last edited:
You are too superstitious. Place your trust on Vietnam my friend, don't believe too much to enemy propaganda.
U'd better give us a reasonable reason what's the Vietnamese credit ? to ask $100billion loans from China ... how to pay back from Vietnam ? I trust true datas.

1. Does Vietnam as rich as some developed nation ? No.
2. Does Vietnam have far more advanced tech than others ? No.
3. Does Vietnam have huge foreign exchange reserve ? No, just $ 35billion in 2015.
4. Does Vietnam have active trade balance between Sino-Vietnam trade ? No, import more than export to China.
5. Does Vietnam officials working effective & clean ? u think ...
6. Does Vietnam have disputes with China ? Yes.
7. Do Vietnam ppl like trolling China ? Yes.

Base on above truth, how to make Chinese think Vietnam can pay back huge loans from China ? Just i read today news, President Xi signed loan agreement with Vietnam government, send 1billion loan to Vietnam to improve ur infrastructure building (maybe another light rail project from China) and N.Vietnam health-development.

Last edited:
U'd better give us a reasonable reason what's the Vietnamese credit ? to ask $100billion loans from China ... how to pay back from Vietnam ?

3. Does Vietnam have huge foreign exchange reserve ? No, just $ 35billion in 2015.
4. Does Vietnam have active trade balance between Sino-Vietnam trade ? No, import more than export to China.

Base on above truth, how to get huge loans from China ? Ur idea ...
nicely handled lad

Not really. Deng was quite smart. Unlike Mao who was an ideologists to the core, Deng was a visionary leader and a pragmatic one. Had he ruled China from the beginning instead of Mao, then China would have been a developed country long ago along with Japan and S.Korea.

Mao's obssession with odeology is what made China so poor, isolated from the world and backward to the point where even North Korea had better living standard than them. So contrary to what you said, had China cary on with Mao's policy/ideology and soviet model instead of opening up to the west and partnering with the U.S/west then believe me it would have been just another giant version of North Korea today, nothing more.

So if anything Deng was a visionary leader who looked at things from a long term and he ia the one who is to be credited with Chinas current prosperity/growth. He is like Japans Meiji who revolutionised Japan and opened up Japan to the west/world and changed Japan forever. China was just little too late for the game. So if anything you should be praising Deng not Mao.

Deng did the right thing by casting the outdated failed soviet commie ideology and ushering in a more forward looking pragmatic model foe hia country and adopting close ties with western powers and Japan which brought in huge investments from western countries and overseas Chinese. Only a fool/die hard commie will say Mao was better than Deng in running a country.:bounce:
so,what do CN gain 'thanks to Deng's smart idea' now ?? Nothing but losing Tw-Senkaku forever plus an economy on the verge of collapse due to TPP.

U'd better give us a reasonable reason what's the Vietnamese credit ? to ask $100billion loans from China ... how to pay back from Vietnam ?

Base on above truth, how to make Chinese think Vietnam can pay back huge loans from China ? Just i read today news, President Xi signed loan agreement with Vietnam government, send 1billion loan to Vietnam to improve ur infrastructure building (maybe another light rail project from China) and N.Vietnam health-development.
Its just like how my company suddently got full support from Cnese partner even you may never heard about my company name ? Bcs we have new partner- US, and we are the key member of TPP.

Its just like how my company suddently got full support from Cnese partner ? Bcs we have new partner- US, and we are the key member of TPP.
Yes, that's what i like to hear from Vietnamese mouth ... they trust TPP more than China, who care loans from China and future TPP can save urs. :lol:

Yes, that's what i like to hear from Vietnamese mouth ... they trust TPP more than China, who care loans from China and future TPP can save urs. :lol:
Our friend NiceGuy repeat tpp all the time. In five years time he may be dead, so who knows? :lol:

Aligning of interest based on ideology is very 1970s.

Ain't that true LOL ... guess that "strengthening coop between communist parties" talk is just one decent rhetoric used by Xi and Trong as page cover for all those boring but pragmatic deals which affect real national interests.

Back
Top Bottom