What's new

China's president to visit Vietnam amid South China Sea tension

The point was...Vietnam actually supports the Philippines position while you guys made it sound like VN and China will solve this in an eastern way while the Philippines was the odd one out using the “western” way. But it is the opposite...Vietnam is supporting the Filipino way.
So what? Just tell me what kind of real benefits Philippines could get from the VN support? Or what kind of real damages it could make to China? Can it delay our island construction pace? Can it delay the manufacturing industry upgrade pace of China? Can it delay the military modernization efforts of China?

The winning or loss of the South China Sea doesn't dependent on courts, but depend on the three points above.

Remember last year I made a lot of posts about this SCS issue? I even made detailed posts about the Arbitration Tribunal legal case arguing that they will rule in favor of the Philippines on many points, which you can see it came true.

I also said that the US will get more involved, potentially using their military asset while most of your compatriots where arguing the US has already chickened out in Scarborough shoals, China won, etc.

Now its coming true with the FON patrol and all. You guys were acussing me of trolling while I was just giving my own objective and realistic views.

I can give you further prediction for next year but you guys will just accuse me of trolling again, and your resident cheerleaders like opruh will just use petty insults to derail the thread...so it is a total waste of time.

FON, I thought the US did more than innocent passage, or else it wouldn't make sense, but they just did innocent passage, which is a defacto recognition of Chinese sovereignty.

Innocent Passage: Did the U.S. Just Fumble Its South China Sea Strategy? | The National Interest Blog

Even if it didn't, the US' stance is nobody owns it, which still favours China, what with our massive resources. Multiple Chinese trade treaties have worked massively in China's favour for this exact reason.

Also if sailing a ship is winning, then China has come a long way, I can remember a time when that wasn't the case, and it wasn't that long ago. One more thing, if ship sailing is a win, what's island building? A loss?

If you don't like some members don't respond, you are an adult, you don't need me to teach you how to live. I won't call you a troll, if you are I will simply not reply.

Predictions are hard to do and irrelevant since it's not going to be resolved next year. My question to you is, how do you see SCS end for the Philippines. I never really read anything on Philippines end game, I guess that speaks volume in itself.

Predictions are hard to do and irrelevant since it's not going to be resolved next year. My question to you is, how do you see SCS end for the Philippines. I never really read anything on Philippines end game, I guess that speaks volume in itself.

I did make predictions last year. And it wasnt blind predictions either. I gave you guys detailed analysis about the legal issue of the Tribunal. A lot of your Chinese compatriots back then argued against me and were totally convinced that the Tribunal had no jurisdiction over the SCS dispute and that the judge will reject the Philippines case. Some of them even claimed that the US no longer want to get involved in the SCS because they have already chickened out. You can dig up that thread again if you want. So who is correct now? None of those Chinese.

What that other Vietnamese member joked about is quite true...most of PDF Chinese members here are too short sighted and cant predict your own future. So it is just a total waste of time to discuss about long term issues. You guys only want to hear good things about your country, anything else is considered as trolling.

I did make predictions last year. And it wasnt blind predictions either. I gave you guys detailed analysis about the legal issue of the Tribunal. A lot of your Chinese compatriots back then argued against me and were totally convinced that the Tribunal had no jurisdiction over the SCS dispute and that the judge will reject the Philippines case. Some of them even claimed that the US no longer want to get involved in the SCS because they have already chickened out. You can dig up that thread again if you want. So who is correct now? None of those Chinese.

What that other Vietnamese member joked about is quite true...most of PDF Chinese members here are too short sighted and cant predict your own future. So it is just a total waste of time to discuss about long term issues. You guys only want to hear good things about your country, anything else is considered as trolling.

Chinese stance is that no organizations, including UN have the right to determine Chinese sovereignty. The league of Nations post WW I did this before. China learned a hard lesson fronm this. The Tribunal had no jurisdictions over the SCS. This is the Chinese stance, even though the tribunal thinks it has the right. Even though Philippines win the case, it is meaningless.

Instead, it is a strong signal for China to challenge the current world order. This is further weakening UN organizations. The same history happened to China 2000 years in Eastern Zhou Dynasty. We are going to enter a similar period. The rights of small countries are going to be ignored by big powers. China will join the rank of Russia and United States for military actions against small countries.

If you take a review on current China foreign policy, Japan and Philippines are isolated for potential military targets. As I always claim, War in east Asia is coming. In short term, I bet that China will take some more military actions against Philippines in SCS. Slowly Philippines will lose all islands in SCS and Tribunal jurisdiction will become a joke.

It is indeed the PDF VN members that only want to hear what they like to hear! They fear of the island construction progress of China, so they beg for the intervention of the international law; they fear of the military development of China, so they beg for US war ships for protection. They just could not accept a simple but cruel fact to them: There won't leave them too much time to continue their occupancy on the South China Sea islands.

Chinese stance is that no organizations, including UN have the right to determine Chinese sovereignty. The league of Nations post WW I did this before. China learned a hard lesson fronm this. The Tribunal had no jurisdictions over the SCS. This is the Chinese stance, even though the tribunal thinks it has the right. Even though Philippines win the case, it is meaningless.

Instead, it is a strong signal for China to challenge the current world order. This is further weakening UN organizations. The same history happened to China 2000 years in Eastern Zhou Dynasty. We are going to enter a similar period. The rights of small countries are going to be ignored by big powers. China will join the rank of Russia and United States for military actions against small countries.

If you take a review on current China foreign policy, Japan and Philippines are isolated for potential military targets. As I always claim, War in east Asia is coming. In short term, I bet that China will take some more military actions against Philippines in SCS. Slowly Philippines will lose all islands in SCS and Tribunal jurisdiction will become a joke.

Attack Japan? And then get retaliation from the US...

Thats what I mean you are being short sighted.

Anyway like I said, I wont discuss this anymore. I’ve just recently discovered something thats much more interesting...Shanghai Chinese are not Southern Han...they are genetically almost identical to the Northern Han...while Cantonese Han from Guangdong and Guangxi are 100% identical to the Tai-Kadai tribes on the maternal side and between Northern Han and Tai on the Paternal side, but closer to the Tai side. Fujian/Taiwanese Han are mostly true Han.

asset

PLOS ONE: Ancient DNA Reveals That the Genetic Structure of the Northern Han Chinese Was Shaped Prior to 3,000 Years Ago

@GS Zhou , you can click here to see the exact genetic spot of the people in your province. (What province are you from?)

Top graph is maternal (Guangdong Cantonese is m12, right in the center with the other minority tribes and exactly identical with the m60 Zhuang)

Bottom graph is Y paternal (Guangdong Cantonese is y17, still close to minority tribes).

Taiwanese and Shanghai han is together with the orange Northern Han dots.

Last edited:
Attack Japan? And then get retaliation from the US...

Thats what I mean you are being short sighted.

Anyway like I said, I wont discuss this anymore. I’ve just recently discovered something thats much more interesting...Shanghai Chinese are not Southern Han...they are genetically almost identical to the Northern Han...while Cantonese Han from Guangdong and Guangxi are 100% identical to the Tai-Kadai tribes on the maternal side and between Northern Han and Tai on the Paternal side, being closer to the Tai side. Fujian/Taiwanese Han are mostly true Han.
That's completely derail the topic. Pls stop.

Are you Bill Clinton, do you charge by the minute or something, if you don't want to discuss why even be on here. You are a broken record, I just said I don't give a crap if you troll or not. I'm an adult, I can handle it.

You got Vietnamese members running around telling every other country is dead because of TPP, I don't bring that up, because it's not you and I don't give a damn about the people I don't give a damn about.

I read a million things about the Tribunal and double that in US involvement. How will the Philippines end this. I assume a good scenario is Philippines gets the islands or takes control of the seas, but how. Even if the Tribunal rules against China, we won't obey, much like the US refuse to give up its own future to any international agency. Even if we do, it's just telling us there isn't a 12 mile zone, but our island is still there and the only "illegal" thing we did about building those islands are environmental, which means less than crap. That's a fine at most, a fine we can handle.

Back
Top Bottom