What's new

China's president to visit Vietnam amid South China Sea tension

yingde
Not really. Deng was quite smart. Unlike Mao who was an ideologists to the core, Deng was a visionary leader and a pragmatic one. Had he ruled China from the beginning instead of Mao, then China would have been a developed country long ago along with Japan and S.Korea.

Mao's obssession with ideology is what made China so poor, isolated from the world and backward to the point where even North Korea had better living standards than them. So contrary to what you said, had China carried on with Mao's policy/ideology and soviet style model instead of opening up to the west and partnering with the U.S/west then believe me it would have been just another giant version of North Korea today, nothing more.

So if anything Deng was a visionary leader who looked at things from a long term perspective and he is the one who is to be credited with China's current prosperity/growth. He is kind of like Japan's Meiji who revolutionised Japan and opened up Japan to the west/world and changed Japan forever. China was just a little too late in the game. So if anything you should be praising Deng not Mao.

Deng did the right thing by casting aside the outdated failed soviet commie ideology and ushering in a more forward looking pragmatic model for his country and adopting close ties with western powers and Japan which brought in huge investments from western countries and overseas Chinese. Only a fool/die hard commie will say Mao was better than Deng in running a country.:bounce:
In Mao's era, China focused more on security and basic industrial system and spent less money on consuming. One critical security issue was the relation with Soviet Union and United States. Mao also had to secure Chinese borders through wars such as Korean wars, Vietnam Wars, India wars and conflicts with Soviet Unions. In 1950s, Soviet Unions had armies in Northeast and Xinjiang. They had eyes on Northeast and Xinjiang. In 1970s, Mao had already rebalanced the relation with the United States in 1970s. Soviet Union wad mired in Afghanistan and wanted to peace with China.
Therefore when Deng came to power in 1980s, Mao had laid great foundations for him with basic industrial systems and solving security problems including nukes. Deng could spend more on the economy, on the foundation of what Mao achieved. Even the cultural revolution helps better equality, which enabled China from the troubles similar caste system in India. Chinese really stands up to face the competitions from the west, different from Japan and Taiwan, still accustomed to a role play in western system.

Mao and Deng just belonged to different phases of rise of China. Even though both made mistakes, both achieved greatly during their terms. This is why a China torn by warlords and foreign invasion can stage a come back just within 70 years.

Yes you are right, and I know that. That's why the tonnage data of illmenite (FeTiO3) in USGS need to be converted to standard TiO2 tonnage for cross comparison against rutile.

Check Appendix C : http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/mcs/2015/mcsapp2015.pdf

China is world largest producer of titanium sponge, major suppliers of ore are from Mozambique, Australia, India, Vietnam, Brazil, Sierra Leone, Ukraine, etc. prevailing market price fluctuates $160-180 per tonne. It's a good news that Vietnam discover new reserves (Not sure is it included in USGS data, January 2015, Page 2 of link below), let's see how the market react to that, anyway congrats!

http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/titanium/mcs-2015-timin.pdf
Viet was saying they can pay China with titanium for the loans. But in reality, a barter tender of this magnitude is not efficient and not very feasible even if China -Vietnam agrees to it. Can you imagine how many hours and trucks will need to delivery 1 million tons of titanium to China from Vietnam?
Whereas electronic transaction is done within seconds.

back to topic. here are two opinions from Germany and Austria popular press. both agree the sea conflict overshadows the visit of Xi Jinping to Vietnam. China will not back down, so Vietnam.

Xi auf heiklem Nachbarschaftsbesuch in Vietnam - Vietnam - derStandard.at › International
Xi Jinpings Schönwetter-Besuch in Vietnam | Asien | DW.COM | 05.11.2015
This is because they only have the western thinking. West is not different from Islam. They are used to think with one god, or one thought. However, Asian used to have multiple gods with multiple thoughts on one issue.

Just like SCS. The main goals of SCS is how to use it to benefit Chinese and Vietnamese, not the sovereignty. Even when Vietnam was a Chinese province, this was in the mind of Chinese emperors. Philippines are filled with western thought. They are only interested in solving problems by Western ways. But I bet when the conditions mature, or when China starts to dominate the west pacific, you will see many joint projects by China and Vietnam. By now, China focuses more on security issues in SCS. SCS is critical for China to challenge the dominance of west pacific by United States.

Beijing, Hanoi agree to manage disputes
2015-11-7 0:43:01

Joint work planned for Beibu Gulf

Chinese President Xi Jinping on Friday concluded his two-day State visit to Vietnam with the issuing of a joint communiqué for the two countries agreeing to properly manage and control the maritime disputes.

The document said that the two sides agreed to effectively implement the Declaration on the Conducts of the Parties in the South China Sea and promote the realization of a Code of Conduct in the South China Sea based on negotiated consensus, reported China Central Television (CCTV).

It added that the two countries also agreed not to take actions that could complicate or magnify the issue and will deal with problems in a timely and proper manner.

"The communiqué demonstrated the two countries' sincerity to address the South China Sea issue and it showed our consensus that bilateral ties and cooperation should not be damaged by the issue," Ji Qiufeng, a professor of international relations at Nanjing University, told the Global Times on Friday.

Meanwhile, China and Vietnam agreed to launch a joint inspection on the waters outside the mouth of the Beibu Gulf in December, which can be seen as an important foundation for further maritime cooperation, the communiqué said.

The two sides also planned to steadily promote the negotiation of demarcation of the waters outside the mouth of the Beibu Gulf, and actively foster the joint development of these waters, according to the document.

In an article bylined as Xi Jinping on Thursday in the Vietnamese newspaper Nhan Dan, he expressed hope that the two sides could learn from the resolution of the previous territorial maritime disputes in the Beibu Gulf, through dialogue and consultations, to seek mutually acceptable, lasting solutions to solve the current maritime dispute.

The communiqué can help ease the tensions in the South China Sea on a short term by singling out the main contradiction on the maritime disputes, Ji noted. However, Ji said that communiqué carries little legal validity and Vietnam prefers not to bind its hands with deals with one country.

Also on Friday, Vietnam agreed to invite a Japanese warship to visit its strategic Cam Ranh Bay base on the South China Sea and for the two countries to hold their first ever joint naval exercise, Kyodo News reported.

Addressing the National Assembly of Vietnam on Friday, Xi said that China-Vietnam relations have strategic importance and both countries are capable of dispelling disruptions in bilateral ties.

Xi said the two countries should comprehensively deepen and reinforce mutually beneficial cooperation, which has brought tangible benefits to the two peoples and is conducive to regional peace, stability and prosperity.

"Xi's visit can help strengthen economic cooperation, which has been developing rapidly over the years thanks to geo-economic advantages enjoyed by the two countries. Enhanced cooperation on economy and trade is also the binding agent and the foundation for a closer tie," Ling Shengli, an expert from China Foreign Affairs University, told the Global Times on Friday.

During the meeting with General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Central Committee Nguyen Phu Trong, Xi said the Communist Party of China stands ready to promote party-to-party communication with the Vietnamese side and that China is willing to strengthen the exchanges of experiences in governance and party building with Vietnam, so as to jointly improve the governing capacity of both sides.

Seem like no high ranking Chinese staff working in big companies here. Only low paid staff and some dish washer oversea Cnese.

Its so funny that while your leader Xi, your boss feel so worry about the collapse of CN economy( thats why they must come to VN and offer 5 year support plan), Cnese here just keep talking BS .

Okay, I will stop talking until a high ranking Cnese staff in big company join here.:)

China, Vietnam issue joint statement

ShowDataServlet-31-800x500.jpg

HANOI, Nov. 5, 2015 (Xinhua) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping (L), who is also general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, and General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee Nguyen Phu Trong attend the signing ceremony of bilateral cooperation documents after their talks in Hanoi, Vietnam, Nov. 5, 2015. (Xinhua/Li Tao)

November 6, 2015
China and Vietnam issued a joint statement on Friday before President Xi Jinping concluded his two-day visit to the country, where the two sides agree to push forward their comprehensive strategic partnership.

According to the statement, China and Vietnam have agreed to adhere to the guidelines of long-term stability, good-neighborly friendship, and comprehensive cooperation. They’ll also advance their partnership in a sustained, healthy, and steady way.

The two countries have also agreed to maintain the tradition of high-level exchanges and enhance communication and mutual trust.

The document said that consensus has been reached on expanding cooperation within the framework of China’s Belt and Road Initiative and Vietnam’s “Two Corridors and One Economic Circle” plan, and enhancing cooperation in infrastructure and production capacity. The two sides have also inked an agreement on studying the feasibility of a railway project connecting Hanoi, Lao Cai, and Hai Phong in northern Vietnam.

On bilateral trade, the communique sets a target of $100 billion by 2017, while with regard to maritime cooperation, it says that China and Vietnam have agreed to launch the inspection of waters outside the mouth of the Beibu Gulf in December, steadily promote negotiations on the demarcation of the waters there and actively foster joint development in the region.

Importantly, with regard to issues in the South China Sea, the two sides agreed to effectively implement the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea, and push forward efforts on an agreement on a code of conduct on the basis of negotiations.

The statement also calls for greater cooperation in the fields of technology, education, culture, and tourism.

Seem like no high ranking Chinese staff working in big companies here. Only low paid staff and some dish washer oversea Cnese.

Its so funny that while your leader Xi, your boss feel so worry about the collapse of CN economy( thats why they must come to VN and offer 5 year support plan), Cnese here just keep talking BS .

Okay, I will stop talking until a high ranking Cnese staff in big company join here.:)

US third quarter GDP growth of 1.5%, compared with 3.9% in the second quarter, "a slight decline"
China third quarter GDP growth of 6.9%, compared with 7% in the second quarter, "free-fall down."
UK third quarter GDP growth of 0.5%, compared with 0.7% in the second quarter, "a little lower"
Japan's third quarter GDP growth -1.9%, compared with -0.4% in Q2, "greatly increased, good times!"
German Q3 GDP growth of 0.1%, compared with -0.2% in Q2, "grow" rapidly ""
French Q3 GDP increased by 0.3%, compared with zero growth in 1 quarter of growth "rapidly", hit a new high of more than one year!
Italy Q3 GDP growth of 0.1%, compared with second quarter growth of 0.2 percent, "slightly down"

You are brainwashed by media like this. My earning in United States are lower than many of my friends and relatives in China, but I bet that it is higher than 99.9% of Vietnamese, including your corrupt officials.

Current time is the golden time for high tech start up in China. Chinese government give strong back up. China has world class infrastructure in Eastern China. And you do not have to waste much time with corrupt officials.

US third quarter GDP growth of 1.5%, compared with 3.9% in the second quarter, "a slight decline"
China third quarter GDP growth of 6.9%, compared with 7% in the second quarter, "free-fall down."
UK third quarter GDP growth of 0.5%, compared with 0.7% in the second quarter, "a little lower"
Japan's third quarter GDP growth -1.9%, compared with -0.4% in Q2, "greatly increased, good times!"
German Q3 GDP growth of 0.1%, compared with -0.2% in Q2, "grow" rapidly ""
French Q3 GDP increased by 0.3%, compared with zero growth in 1 quarter of growth "rapidly", hit a new high of more than one year!
Italy Q3 GDP growth of 0.1%, compared with second quarter growth of 0.2 percent, "slightly down"

You are brainwashed by media like this. My earning in United States are lower than many of my friends and relatives in China, but I bet that it is higher than 99.9% of Vietnamese, including your corrupt officials.

Current time is the golden time for high tech start up in China. Chinese government give strong back up. China has world class infrastructure in Eastern China. And you do not have to waste much time with corrupt officials.
Then tell your boss that they dont need to give a full support to VN, and dont need to tell me that they feel worry abt TPP.

We have a plan to replace CN products by JP-US product in TPP. Your boss' full support offer make us to think again now

The so-called five year support is nothing but a small gift after you paid us one quarter of your GDP for the industrial goods that you badly needed. You can take it as free lunch, it's your freedom. But nothing from China is free. Each dollar we give you, 100 dollars will be returned to our pocket. I've pointed this to you again and again, but you are a coward to recognize it. I could understand it, because it is too cruel fact for your weak heart to sustain.

Just few days ago you said VN will take back the islands from China after China collapse. But now, with your generous help, China could avoid the doom. But how could VN get back the islands then?

BTW, I highly doubt if any mature high ranking staff would share the details of the business partnership between his company and another on the Internet. This guy is either cheating, or I will be worried about the future of this company, because of the immaturity and stupidity of its high ranking staff.

The so-called five year support is nothing but a small gift after you paid us one quarter of your GDP for the industrial goods that you badly needed. You can take it as free lunch, it's your freedom. But nothing from China is free. Each dollar we give you, 100 dollars will be returned to our pocket. I've pointed this to you again and again, but you are a coward to recognize it. I could understand it, because it is too cruel fact for your weak heart to sustain.

Just few days ago you said VN will take back the islands from China after China collapse. But now, with your generous help, China could avoid the doom. But how could VN get back the islands then?

BTW, I highly doubt if any mature high ranking staff would share the details of the business partnership between his company and another on the Internet. This guy is either cheating, or I will be worried about the future of this company, because of the immaturity and stupidity of its high ranking staff.
I share nothing but telling you guys abt 5 year support plan only. If just a small gift, then low ranking staff like you can come and gift to VN. No need leader Xi visit.

Okay, thats enough. No more wasting time wt low ranking staffs. Thanks

I share nothing but telling you guys abt 5 year support plan only. If just a small gift, then low ranking staff like you can come and gift to VN. No need leader Xi visit.

Okay, thats enough. No more wasting time wt low ranking staffs. Thanks
Making state visit is part of Xi's job. No matter it's super power like US, or small potato like Vietnam. If you take this as a special treatment, then live your illussion please and never wake up

Just like SCS. The main goals of SCS is how to use it to benefit Chinese and Vietnamese, not the sovereignty. Even when Vietnam was a Chinese province, this was in the mind of Chinese emperors. Philippines are filled with western thought. They are only interested in solving problems by Western ways. But I bet when the conditions mature, or when China starts to dominate the west pacific, you will see many joint projects by China and Vietnam. By now, China focuses more on security issues in SCS. SCS is critical for China to challenge the dominance of west pacific by United States.

The main goals of SCS is how to use it to benefit Chinese and Vietnamese, not the sovereignty?

Thats funny bro, so you go into other people’s territory and say it should not be about sovereignty but about how you and me can benefit from this territory lol. Its like me taking over my neighbor’s backyard and telling him, hey, lets not talk about land ownership, lets talk about how you and me can benefit from this backyard lol.

BTW, Vietnam is supporting the Philippines court case. The govt send an official letter to the court telling them that they have authority over the SCS dispute and that this dispute should be solved by international law like what the Philippines is arguing for.

The main goals of SCS is how to use it to benefit Chinese and Vietnamese, not the sovereignty?

Thats funny bro, so you go into other people’s territory and say it should not be about sovereignty but about how you and me can benefit from this territory lol. Its like me taking over my neighbor’s backyard and telling him, hey, lets not talk about land ownership, lets talk about how you and me can benefit from this backyard lol.

BTW, Vietnam is supporting the Philippines court case. The govt send an official letter to the court telling them that they have authority over the SCS dispute and that this dispute should be solved by international law like what the Philippines is arguing for.
International law? International Law is nothing but a poison pill to give weak countries the illussion that they could make challenges to big powers. Does VN believe in international law? If yes, why not disslove the army and ask lawyers to protect Vietnam?

Let's say that everything goes Philippines way, what then. China has an end game, what are the Philippines and Vietnam's REALISTIC expectations.

International law? International Law is nothing but a poison pill to give weak countries the illussion that they could make challenges to big powers. Does VN believe in international law? If yes, why not disslove the army and ask lawyers to protect Vietnam?

The point was...Vietnam actually supports the Philippines position while you guys made it sound like VN and China will solve this in an eastern way while the Philippines was the odd one out using the “western” way. But it is the opposite...Vietnam is supporting the Filipino way.

Let's say that everything goes Philippines way, what then. China has an end game, what are the Philippines and Vietnam's REALISTIC expectations.

Remember last year I made a lot of posts about this SCS issue? I even made detailed posts about the Arbitration Tribunal legal case arguing that they will rule in favor of the Philippines on many points, which you can see it came true.

I also said that the US will get more involved, potentially using their military asset while most of your compatriots where arguing the US has already chickened out in Scarborough shoals, China won, etc.

Now its coming true with the FON patrol and all. You guys were acussing me of trolling while I was just giving my own objective and realistic views.

I can give you further prediction for next year but you guys will just accuse me of trolling again, and your resident cheerleaders like opruh will just use petty insults to derail the thread...so it is a total waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom