What's new

China's poorest province: Guizhou is on the rapid rise

Revitalise Confucius Values in Guizhou Province
Confucius School in Guiyang City

Confucius schools have been set up in many universities worldwide to develop understanding of traditional Chinese culture. In southwestern China's Guizhou province, a Confucius School was also formally opened at the beginning of 2013.

Cultural forums and coming-of-age ceremonies. These are just some of the activities held to better appreciation of traditions. Zhiyu is a freshman in Guizhou university. He had his own coming of age ceremony last May.

“I have learned from the ceremony why my parents raised me, and that I should think about what I can do for my parents.” Chen Zhiyu, student from Guizhou University, said.

To show his appreciation, Zhiyu has gifts for his father and grandfather this winter vacation.

“This is the gift from my grandson. Whether it is valuable or not, I like it very much. It embodies the love of my grandson for me.” Chen’s grandpa said.

In traditional Chinese culture, coming of age means one becomes an adult. This is celebrated as importantly as marriage. They both represent significant stages in a person’s life.

The Confucius School also holds forums themed in morality, etiquette and ancient civilization. The school is not simply a place for cultural learning, but also a platform for cultural communication. Experts meet frequently here to discuss cultural development.

“I think it is important to improve the soft power of Chinese culture. Guiyang Confucius school has played a crucial role to popularize traditional Chinese culture among ordinary people. It is great.”Wu Guang, executive president of Zhejiang Confucianism Studies Society, said.

Culture is serious, but also fun

Mid-Autumn Festival in September 2016

Mooncake making, classical poems reading, lectures, etc
W020160908533241704424.jpg
00301853000_540f3de4.jpg
00301852998_1188aa84.jpg

Foreigner students in Guiyang City

68 couple attended traditional wedding of Tang Dynasty and Han Dynasty styles

60,000 people bought 200,000 books of Chinese ancient civilisation studies in 3 days at Confucius School book expo

High-speed Railway attendants were trained at Confucius School
f527a3d7-fc65-4da7-90d2-474f87dd965e.jpg

Classical poems are not history, you use them everyday in your life,
and you can sing them out!

from 22:30
Wish We Live Long Lives. 水調歌頭
Poem: Song By The River (shui diao ge tou) by Su Shi (蘇軾) from the Song Dynasty.
Theme: feelings during the Mid-Autumn Festival
(22:30)

@Gibbs @Kaptaan @Shotgunner51 @TopCat @UKBengali @el che @PaklovesTurkiye @Tipu7 @simple Brain @Götterdämmerung @Mista @eldarlmari @coffee_cup @waz @Arsalan @Dungeness @endyashainin @SrNair @Two @bolo @Echo_419 @pts_m_h_2016 @Darmashkian @Pluralist @Khan_21 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @PaklovesTurkiye @Śakra @liall @hellfire @Two @AViet @anant_s @PARIKRAMA @Shotgunner51 @Ankit Kumar 002 @maximuswarrior @Huan @Darmashkian @Taygibay @LA se Karachi @911 @Cherokee @xyxmt @BDforever @Three_Kingdoms @T-123456 @somebozo @Huan @Maira La @vostok @senheiser @Nilgiri @terranMarine @SrNair @Dandpatta @Philia @Hasan89 @pts_m_h_2016 @XenoEnsi-14 @yesboss @Bussard Ramjet @Jlaw @grey boy 2 @Chinese Bamboo @Pak_Sher @JSCh @jkroo @oprih @TopCat @nair @MilSpec @Godman @AViet

Last edited:
Revitalise Confucius Values in Guizhou Province
Confucius School in Guiyang City

Confucius schools have been set up in many universities worldwide to develop understanding of traditional Chinese culture. In southwestern China's Guizhou province, a Confucius School was also formally opened at the beginning of 2013.

Cultural forums and coming-of-age ceremonies. These are just some of the activities held to better appreciation of traditions. Zhiyu is a freshman in Guizhou university. He had his own coming of age ceremony last May.

“I have learned from the ceremony why my parents raised me, and that I should think about what I can do for my parents.” Chen Zhiyu, student from Guizhou University, said.

To show his appreciation, Zhiyu has gifts for his father and grandfather this winter vacation.

“This is the gift from my grandson. Whether it is valuable or not, I like it very much. It embodies the love of my grandson for me.” Chen’s grandpa said.

In traditional Chinese culture, coming of age means one becomes an adult. This is celebrated as importantly as marriage. They both represent significant stages in a person’s life.

The Confucius School also holds forums themed in morality, etiquette and ancient civilization. The school is not simply a place for cultural learning, but also a platform for cultural communication. Experts meet frequently here to discuss cultural development.

“I think it is important to improve the soft power of Chinese culture. Guiyang Confucius school has played a crucial role to popularize traditional Chinese culture among ordinary people. It is great.”Wu Guang, executive president of Zhejiang Confucianism Studies Society, said.

Culture is serious, but also fun

Mid-Autumn Festival in September 2016

Mooncake making, classical poems reading, lectures, etc
View attachment 337794 View attachment 337795 View attachment 337796

Foreigner students in Guiyang City

68 couple attended traditional wedding of Tang Dynasty and Han Dynasty styles

60,000 people bought 200,000 books of Chinese ancient civilisation studies in 3 days at Confucius School book expo

High-speed Railway attendants were trained at Confucius School
View attachment 337797

Classical poems are not history, you use them everyday in your life,
and you can sing them out!

from 22:30
Wish We Live Long Lives. 水調歌頭
Poem: Song By The River (shui diao ge tou) by Su Shi (蘇軾) from the Song Dynasty.
Theme: feelings during the Mid-Autumn Festival

@Gibbs @Kaptaan @Shotgunner51 @TopCat @UKBengali @el che @PaklovesTurkiye @Tipu7 @simple Brain @Götterdämmerung @Mista @eldarlmari @coffee_cup @waz @Arsalan @Dungeness @endyashainin @Two @bolo @Echo_419 @pts_m_h_2016 @Darmashkian @Pluralist @Khan_21 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @PaklovesTurkiye @Śakra @liall @hellfire @Two @AViet @anant_s @PARIKRAMA @Shotgunner51 @Ankit Kumar 002 @maximuswarrior @Huan @Darmashkian @Taygibay @LA se Karachi @911 @Cherokee @xyxmt @BDforever @Three_Kingdoms @T-123456 @somebozo @Maira La @vostok @senheiser @Nilgiri @terranMarine @Jlaw @Dandpatta @Philia @Hasan89 @pts_m_h_2016 @XenoEnsi-14 @yesboss @Bussard Ramjet @Jlaw @grey boy 2 @Chinese Bamboo @Pak_Sher @JSCh @jkroo @oprih @TopCat @nair @MilSpec @Godman

what activities are coming in Guiyang's conficnous school?

In pics: radio telescope toursim and cultural industry park in Pingtang
Southwest China's Guizhou Province. September 24, 2016
C31aVOv.jpg

Photo taken on Sept. 23, 2016 shows the visitor center of Pingtang international radio telescope toursim and cultural industry park in Pingtang County, southwest China's Guizhou Province. The Pingtang international radio telescope toursim and cultural industry park is almost completed. The park which includes planetarium, visitor center and other tourist projects is 5 km far from the Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST) in Pingtang. (Xinhua/Ou Dongqu)
quooUF6.jpg
01HRuF3.jpg
nUVAcmX.jpg
2LQqUl1.jpg
RgiOerV.jpg
2Wgrb3D.jpg

what activities are coming in Guiyang's conficnous school?
There are activities every weekend.

Yesterday, the final of Hanfu competition!
http://news.163.com/16/0923/15/C1LIGD9I00014AEE.html
BE0852D4217EFBDD5A9E69EFF5F4EDBC.jpg
1B8D8F02FCE82A425F1018AB0BF9C7EA.jpg

On the solar term of Bailu on 7 September
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailu
http://jiangsu.china.com.cn/html/2016/gznews_0908/7211517.html
1473305635008981.jpg
1473305633857559.jpg
1473305635517516.jpg
1473305634483741.jpg

Solar term of Qingming
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qingming

Coming activities!

On 28 September, the birthday of Confucius, 2567 years!
http://news.163.com/16/0923/02/C1K8J3QT00014Q4P.html
[

There are tons of activities during National Day holiday from 1st to 7th October.

After National Day on 9 October, the theme is Double Ninth Festival
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Ninth_Festival

btw, there is also a Confucious-theme resort next to the Confucius School in Guiyang....
USER=156618]@TaiShang[/USER] @Mista @endyashainin @eldarlmari @Jlaw @powastick @jkroo @GS Zhou @grey boy 2

Last edited:
In pics: radio telescope toursim and cultural industry park in Pingtang
Southwest China's Guizhou Province. September 24, 2016
C31aVOv.jpg

Photo taken on Sept. 23, 2016 shows the visitor center of Pingtang international radio telescope toursim and cultural industry park in Pingtang County, southwest China's Guizhou Province. The Pingtang international radio telescope toursim and cultural industry park is almost completed. The park which includes planetarium, visitor center and other tourist projects is 5 km far from the Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST) in Pingtang. (Xinhua/Ou Dongqu)
quooUF6.jpg
01HRuF3.jpg
nUVAcmX.jpg
2LQqUl1.jpg
RgiOerV.jpg
2Wgrb3D.jpg
Thanks for the photos...
I didn't know there would e a theme park near FAST.....
I am very excited to hear that....
I really appreciate their efforts in promoting local tourism and alleviating poverty in China's poorest province.

b148662d-8019-4b15-aa57-226222003b3f_size304_w600_h449.jpg

Promote science-related tourism in Pingtang County
3km2 FAST-theme tourist area opens

The tourist area is located at Hanglong Village, 5km from FAST, including FAST tourist centre, sky-them hotels, astronomical experience pavilion. Tourists can also take shuttle bus to FAST and walk on the observation platforms. It's another attempt to integrate scientific research with industry and tourism. The impact of FAST on the relatively undeveloped Southwest China will be unprecedented.

The ambition of Pingtang County is more than this tourist area.
A 22km tram will be built soon to
connect FAST tourist area to nearby parks and tourist sites
Let's have a look at the abundant tourist resources in Pingtang County

@Götterdämmerung @Godman @Star Wars @StarCraft_ZT @Kaptaan @waz @Gibbs @Species @Lure @anant_s @Bussard Ramjet @Ankit Kumar 002 @PARIKRAMA @PARIKRAMA @Echo_419 @Danish saleem @PaklovesTurkiye @AViet @xiao qi @kaykay @kecho @Viet @LA se Karachi @Two @pzkilo @alarabi @oprih @Malik Abdullah @T-123456 @maximuswarrior @cranwerkhan @bbccdd1470 @Three_Kingdoms @ito @MilSpec @Brainsucker @simple Brain @X-2. @Taygibay @Arsalan @shah1398 @muhammadali233 @Jf Thunder @Talwar e Pakistan @911 @Cherokee @liall @IsaacNewton @Levina @maximuswarrior @Arbiter @yesboss @Mista @kaykay @unbiasedopinion @Shakuni & Ravan @grey boy 2 @Jlaw @bolo @faithfulguy @Maira La @T-Rex @UKBengali @Odysseus @Nilgiri @Aether @Fattyacids @Darmashkian @Kaptaan @kadamba-warrior @Clutch @egodoc222 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Sky lord @faithfulguy @Zibago @saiyan0321 @el che @Mugwop @S.U.R.B. @Rasengan @xiao qi @Dungeness @ahtan_china @endyashainin @vostok @senheiser @kankan326 @Zulkarneyn @el che @thesolar65 @third eye @Desi_Guy @Three_Kingdoms @Brainsucker @Anjo @DoTell @proud_indian @my2cents @Reashot Xigwin @Cherokee @SouI @Max Pain @maximuswarrior @Levina @fitpOsitive @Doyalbaba @BDforever @TheTheoryOfMilitaryLogistics @Cossack25A1 @OrionHunter @rott @Anjo @Abba_Dabba_Jabba @Areesh @Huan @RISING SUN @Dungeness @PaklovesTurkiye @Dandpatta @KRAIT @anas_nurhafidz @Fallen King @Two @Huan

Pingtang County, Guizhou Province
1309302238c072d6c2ee11b563.jpg

1309302238de5259b6be78a8a9.jpg
1309302238d8255f01f063796a.jpg
1309302238adc50a4e17b2a89c.jpg

did you mention the people who were relocated got brand new housing?
Of course.
As usual free housing is provided.
Tourism will also provide jobs.
400 million yuan has been spent on relocation of villagers within 5km from FAST.
It's a poverty relief project as usual.
http://www.baidujpw.cn/yule/tv/20160628/85956.html
屏幕快照 2016-09-26 23.39.25.png

1118773413_14619173686021n.jpg

Thanks for the photos...
I didn't know there would e a theme park near FAST.....
I am very excited to hear that....
I really appreciate their efforts in promoting local tourism and alleviating poverty in China's poorest province.

View attachment 338256

Promote science-related tourism in Pingtang County
3km2 FAST-theme tourist area opens

The tourist area is located at Hanglong Village, 5km from FAST, including FAST tourist centre, sky-them hotels, astronomical experience pavilion. Tourists can also take shuttle bus to FAST and walk on the observation platforms. It's another attempt to integrate scientific research with industry and tourism. The impact of FAST on the relatively undeveloped Southwest China will be unprecedented.

The ambition of Pingtang County is more than this tourist area.
A 22km tram will be built soon to
connect FAST tourist area to nearby parks and tourist sites
Let's have a look at the abundant tourist resources in Pingtang County

@Götterdämmerung @Godman @Star Wars @StarCraft_ZT @Kaptaan @waz @Gibbs @Species @Lure @anant_s @Bussard Ramjet @Ankit Kumar 002 @PARIKRAMA @PARIKRAMA @Echo_419 @Danish saleem @PaklovesTurkiye @AViet @xiao qi @kaykay @kecho @Viet @LA se Karachi @Two @pzkilo @alarabi @oprih @Malik Abdullah @T-123456 @maximuswarrior @cranwerkhan @bbccdd1470 @Three_Kingdoms @ito @MilSpec @Brainsucker @simple Brain @X-2. @Taygibay @Arsalan @shah1398 @muhammadali233 @Jf Thunder @Talwar e Pakistan @911 @Cherokee @liall @IsaacNewton @Levina @maximuswarrior @Arbiter @yesboss @Mista @kaykay @unbiasedopinion @Shakuni & Ravan @grey boy 2 @Jlaw @bolo @faithfulguy @Maira La @T-Rex @UKBengali @Odysseus @Nilgiri @Aether @Fattyacids @Darmashkian @Kaptaan @kadamba-warrior @Clutch @egodoc222 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Sky lord @faithfulguy @Zibago @saiyan0321 @el che @Mugwop @S.U.R.B. @Rasengan @xiao qi @Dungeness @ahtan_china @endyashainin @vostok @senheiser @kankan326 @Zulkarneyn @el che @thesolar65 @third eye @Desi_Guy @Three_Kingdoms @Brainsucker @Anjo @DoTell @proud_indian @my2cents @Reashot Xigwin @Cherokee @SouI @Max Pain @maximuswarrior @Levina @fitpOsitive @Doyalbaba @BDforever @TheTheoryOfMilitaryLogistics @Cossack25A1 @OrionHunter @rott @Anjo @Abba_Dabba_Jabba @Areesh @Huan @RISING SUN @Dungeness @PaklovesTurkiye @Dandpatta @KRAIT @anas_nurhafidz @Fallen King @Two @Huan

Pingtang County, Guizhou Province
View attachment 338250
View attachment 338249 View attachment 338251 View attachment 338252

Of course.
As usual free housing is provided.
Tourism will also provide jobs.
400 million yuan has been spent on relocation of villagers within 5km from FAST.
It's a poverty relief project as usual.
View attachment 338257
View attachment 338254

you know the western media always mentioned, but they reallocated 8000 villagers...blahblahblah...with better housing. Apparently the west don't want poor Chinese to have better housing and higher income. Why is that?

you know the western media always mentioned, but they reallocated 8000 villagers...blahblahblah...with better housing. Apparently the west don't want poor Chinese to have better housing and higher income. Why is that?
What the western midia think is NOTHING important to us . The more prejudice, the more they cannot understand us. We know them much more than they do,it is not a loss for us . The west think we are brainwashed, in fact, it is them who always brainwash their people.

What the western midia think is NOTHING important to us . The more prejudice, the more they cannot understand us. We know them much more than they do,it is not a loss for us . The west think we are brainwashed, in fact, it is them who always brainwash their people.
of course we should not care about what the west think. Just keep on continue to do what we do. if they are angry, we did good.

New drone photos of Gui'an New Area in Guizhou Province
Founded in Jan 2014

1232.jpg

Guian New Area is located between Guiyang and Anshun, Southwest China's Guizhou province. The planned area of 1,795 square kilometers covers 20 towns or townships of four counties (or county-level cities or districts) in the two cities. It will become an exemplary open economic zone in inland China, a major growth pole and an exemplary ecological development zone in West China. It is one of the five new areas developed under China's Western Development Program and the eighth national-level new area in China.

According to the State Council's Document No 2 issued in 2012, in order to build a main battlefield for Guizhou to catch up and exceed other regions and to stride forward, the area should become a base for the equipment manufacturing industry featuring aeronautics and astronautics, a major resources deep-processing base, and a regional commercial logistics center and technology innovation center.

On January 6, 2014, the State Council approved the establishment of the national-level Gui’an New Area.

3D transport
expressways + rapid roads + metro + HSRs + airport
贵安新区.jpg

Gui'an HSR Hub on Shanghai-Guiyang-Kunming HSR (open in 3 months)
贵安高铁站规划图.jpg
贵安高铁站2.jpg

Education
The new campus of Beijing Normal University and affiliated middle school
贵安新区-北师大校区.jpg

Higher education precinct

Universities, vocational schools, labs, maker space....
贵安新区-大学生.jpg

@Gibbs @Kaptaan @Shotgunner51 @TopCat @UKBengali @el che @PaklovesTurkiye @Tipu7 @simple Brain @Götterdämmerung @Mista @eldarlmari @coffee_cup @waz @Arsalan @Dungeness @Two @bolo @Echo_419 @pts_m_h_2016 @Darmashkian @Pluralist @Khan_21 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @PaklovesTurkiye @hellfire @Two @AViet @anant_s @PARIKRAMA @Shotgunner51 @Ankit Kumar 002 @maximuswarrior @Huan @Darmashkian @Taygibay @LA se Karachi @911 @Cherokee @xyxmt @BDforever @Three_Kingdoms @T-123456 @somebozo @Maira La @vostok @senheiser @Nilgiri @terranMarine @Jlaw @Dandpatta @Philia @Hasan89 @pts_m_h_2016 @XenoEnsi-14 @LA se Karachi @graphican @coffee_cup @Pluralist @Kepler22b

of course we should not care about what the west think. Just keep on continue to do what we do. if they are angry, we did good.

National Day has been already booked out....
Hotels, restaurants, transport, etc, will provide huge amount of jobs and wealth to local villagers.

Giant telescope provides path to fun, profit

00221917e13e1952b6e316.jpg

Potential revenues seen in tourism: Visitors welcome, but not cellphones

As the world's largest single-aperture radio telescope for scanning the universe - China's FAST - made its debut on Sunday, the local government rolled out its own grand vision for high-end tourism. It takes the form of tourism, with ticket prices as high as 668 yuan ($100).

Perhaps the better news is that, starting on Monday, a trial run at the scenic spot will begin at a discounted price of 368 yuan per person, almost 50 percent off, according to the tourism bureau of Pingtang county, Guizhou province, where the Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope sits. As many as 2,000 people can visit the site each day.

The ticket is more like an all-day pass that gives tourists access to most spots related to the giant telescope, including a 2,700-square-meter visitor's stand overlooking the installation, which is the size of 30 soccer fields. There's also an astronomy-themed museum and a cultural park. The FAST itself is not open to the public. Shuttles within the visitors' zone are free.

Going into the zone gives visitors a day of relief from the ball and chain of the internet in an era where everybody is connected to everybody by mobile phone, like it or not. The gigantic yet delicate radio telescope tolerates zero disturbance from cellular services, according to Peng Bo, deputy manager of the FAST project. Hence the governor of Guizhou signed an executive order in 2013 forbidding the use of any electronic devices within 5 kilometers of the telescope.

Visitors are required to deposit all digital devices, including cellphones and digital cameras, in lockers before going into the signal-free zone.

Conventional film cameras are allowed, for those who want to take pictures. And if a person really needs to make a phone call, several free landlines can be found at the visitors' stand and tourist center.

The hotpot-shaped FAST and the high-altitude natural basin in which it rests have jointly "created a rare scenic spot that perfectly combines modern technology and geology, which is an unparalleled tourism resource that will have a significant impact on the development of Guizhou's tourism industry", the Pingtang tourism bureau said on its official website.

The United States' 305-meter Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico attracts about 130,000 tourists every year, bringing in more than $50 million annually, a report in The Paper said.

Li Yongzhong, 61, a retired middle school teacher, said: "I think the telescope will be beneficial to all Chinese and even people from all over the world. Here we get our income mainly from agriculture, and there are almost no other industries. I think it will bring a lot of tourists from other regions of the county and even from foreign countries that will increase people's income."

Yang Shenghu, 31, a farmer, said: "There have been big changes in transportation conditions here. It's quite something and brings prestige in talking with outsiders. I expect to find a job in town instead of leaving my hometown."

Hou Liqiang contributed to this story.

Contact the writers at chenmengwei@chinadaily.com.cn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom