What's new

China's one-child policy among worst crimes against humanity

yes, we have reduced povery by almost 50% in 30 years..
you have done better only because your population was forced to remain static

We have done better because of our economic success.

Conceptual high arts is beyond what your Bollywood intellect could grasp. So you admit what you posted was a smear campaign?

whatever be the motive behind it , the mere imagination that lead to its portrayal is dark and flawed , in a country where dogs are eaten and cats are skinned has different mentality and in a country where cows are auspicious has different mentality ,art is very subjective and it has different meaning for different people.

whatever be the motive behind it , the mere imagination that lead to its portrayal is dark and flawed , in a country where dogs are eaten and cats are skinned has different mentality and in a country where cows are auspicious has different mentality ,art is very subjective and it has different meaning for different people.

The chinese conceptual artist investigates the tension between morals and established law. This is beyond your Bollywood movies intellect. So you are smearing? This is considering trolling.

No, Indian rapes of women and children and dowry burnings and acid attacks are the biggest crimes against humanity.

Oh gosh. I need to get the cheerleaders reminded of these numbers again

Years past since india's independence: 1947 to 2013 = 66 years

Even today with much much improved medication and everything, india still has 1.7 million children died at 5 year-old or under according to UNICEF

india-has-worlds-worst-child-mortality-rate

So the simple math tells us just on the 5-year-old or under category, india has already put 112.2 million kids to the death beds

Now the indian abortion:

According to the Consortium on National Consensus for Medical Abortion in India, every year an average of about 11 million pregnancies are medically terminated,

Abortion in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

66 x 11 million = 726 million child deaths due to abortions

112+726=838 million

I dont even bother to count the no of child deaths in other age categories and causes in india

one child policy is stupid,because we need birth rate as 2.1,then our population will not decress in the future,see Japan and South Korea,their birth rate is very low,now their government do everything to make a higher birth rate.
We are already aging

One child policy is one of the only policies I whole heartily support.

In the movie Man of Steel, superman's people are controlling birth because they are advanced. Even if you don't agree, but subconsciously people know that having few or less children means advanced.

Are there some bad things done? Yes, but one day we will be a developed nation. By the end of the century, we will have about 9 hundred million people, maybe less, due to the trend amongst our generation to no have kids. I personally won't go that far, but one child and no more is on the cards.

Now, for all those Indian members that are saying human rights this, democracy that. This is the problem with India, you guys never want to give up any thing and always goes with basic instincts, instead of thinking about the greater good of country and world as a whole.

We have made sacrifices, but we have also made gains. Spirituality means less than crap in Chinese and oppression? You need to experience life in China, not so you can understand China, but to understand what oppression is. China has a lot of rules due to her large size, but it is no more than a few hoops one must jump through.

For example, the Beijing car license plate, is not rejecting anybody based on anything, but simply, you need to wait because there are just too many cars in Beijing. It's not like we are saying you are a certain race and you can't get one.

As to having brothers and sisters, I never had it and never want it. I have dated Canadians and Americans who have large families and I find it extremely tiring to deal with them.

one child policy is stupid,because we need birth rate as 2.1,then our population will not decress in the future,see Japan and South Korea,their birth rate is very low,now their government do everything to make a higher birth rate.
We are already aging

Yea, and it's looking like it's too late now.

How can the CPC be so damn incompetent? I thought they were smart?

China is going to age at a time of economic development that is unprecedented. A 2 child policy should have been instituted, but it's looking to be too late now. I've heard that the entire thing might be lifted by 2020. I think that by that time it might well be too late.

and what would you say to india's "No girls policy" and barbarian murder of innocent baby girls. By a rough estimate more than 12 million BABY GIRLS ARE KILLED IN INDIA EVERY YEAR, survivors are subjected to brutal rapes left, right and center.

hang Yimou, the celebrated film director and arranger of the 2008 Summer Olympics’ opening ceremony in Beijing, was accused last week of being the latest high-profile violator of China’s one-child policy. The People’s Daily, the Communist Party mouthpiece, alleged that Zhang had fathered seven children with four different women.

The news has ignited an angry online debate, with Internet users condemning the unequal application of a 1979 law that stipulates every couple may have just one child (or two for ethnic minorities and for rural couples whose first child is a girl). The truth is: for the rich, the law is a paper tiger, easily circumvented by paying a “social compensation fee” — a fine of 3 to 10 times a household’s annual income, set by each province’s family planning bureau, or by travelling to Hong Kong, Singapore or even America to give birth.

For the poor, however, the policy is a flesh-and-blood tiger with claws and fangs. In the countryside, where the need for extra hands to help in the fields and the deeply entrenched patriarchal desire for a male heir have created strong resistance to population control measures, the tiger has been merciless. Village family-planning officers vigilantly chart the menstrual cycle and pelvic-exam results of every woman of childbearing age in their area. If a woman gets pregnant without permission and is unable to pay the often exorbitant fine for violating the policy, she risks being subjected to a forced abortion. (I can't believe this :sick: )

According to Chinese Health Ministry data released in March, 336 million abortions and 222 million sterilisations have been carried out since 1971. (Though the one-child policy was introduced in 1979, other, less-stringent family planning policies were in place before it.)

These figures are easy to quote, but they fail to convey the magnitude of the horror faced by rural Chinese women. During a long journey through the hinterlands of southwest China in 2009, I was able to find some of the faces behind these numbers.
On ramshackle barges moored on the remote waterways of Hubei and Guangxi, I met hundreds of “family-planning fugitives” — couples who’d fled their villages to give birth to an unauthorised second or third child in neighbouring provinces.

Mandatory abortion

Almost every one of the pregnant women I spoke to had suffered a mandatory abortion. One woman told me how, when she was eight months pregnant with an illegal second child and was unable to pay the 20,000 yuan fine (about $3,200), family planning officers dragged her to the local clinic, bound her to a surgical table and injected a lethal drug into her abdomen. (Now this is called oppression of its own people :hitwall:)

For two days she writhed on the table, her hands and feet still bound with rope, waiting for her body to eject the murdered baby. In the final stage of labour, a male doctor yanked the dead foetus out by the foot, then dropped it into a garbage can. She had no money for a cab. She had to hobble home, blood dripping down her legs and staining her white sandals red.

It is not surprising that China has the highest rate of female suicide in the world. The one-child policy has reduced women to numbers, objects, a means of production; it has denied them control of their bodies and the basic human right to determine freely and responsibly the number and spacing of their children.

Baby girls are also victims of the policy. Under family pressure to ensure that their only child is a son, women often choose to abort baby girls or discard them at birth, practices that have skewed China’s sex ratio to 118 boys for every 100 girls.

The Communist Party argues that the means justify the ends. When Deng Xiaoping and his fellow economic reformers introduced the one-child policy as a “temporary” measure in 1979, after Mao’s death and the end of the calamitous Cultural Revolution, they claimed that without the one-child policy, the economy would falter and the population would explode.

Thirty-four years on, despite mounting criticism, the Party still clings to it. But their argument is based on shoddy science: the birthrate, already falling before the policy was introduced, is now officially 1.8, or nearer 1.2 according to independent demographic experts like Yi Fuxian — much lower than the necessary 2.1 population replacement level. Yi and others have warned of China’s impending demographic disaster: a rapidly aging nation that a dwindling work force will be unable to support.

Rising incomes and urbanisation generally lead to falling birthrates. If the one-child policy were scrapped tomorrow, most Chinese wouldn’t rush to produce as many offspring as Zhang Yimou. And despite recent signals that the Party might be considering gradually relaxing birth restrictions, there is still considerable resistance.
Stubborn hard-liners will not willingly abandon population control measures that have provided the government with an estimated two trillion yuan in revenue from fines, according to the demographer He Yafu, while allowing it to maintain firm control over people’s lives.

The public outrage voiced against Zhang during the last week plays into the Party’s hands. Instead of attacking the government’s barbaric policy, the people are being encouraged to criticise the rich for escaping its claws.

Ending this scourge is a moral imperative. The atrocitiescommitted in the name of the one-child policy over the last three decades rank among the worst crimes against humanity of the last century. The stains it has left on China may never be erased.

chinese people understand the sacrafice on the personal level is for the greater good of the society.

THe majority of chinese children born under the 1 child policy will be much better educated contributors to the society when they grow up, and not some third world illiterate slum dog dweller like a lot of Indian youth.

Statistics say that rapes went down considerably in China after Chinese men were forcibly sterilized in China following one child policy. Before that Chinese leaders like Mao used to order abduction of 1000s of girls every year to be used as sexual slaves.

Can you back up what you wrote?

Even education has done no good to the Chinese. All Chinese are forced to adopt one child policy but yet they raise and kill tigers raised in farms and other endangered species for increasing libido due to their very low mumbo-jumbo thinking.

Even most educated Chinese will eat tiger parts and hence this beautiful species is in constant danger. People can breed like rats but tigers cannot. Hence you see 1400 million Chinese in China alone while there are less than 2000 tigers in wild.

India protected the tiger while China exterminated tiger along with so much wildlife for its mumbo-jumbo medicine system.

Statistics say that rapes went down considerably in China after Chinese men were forcibly sterilized in China following one child policy. Before that Chinese leaders like Mao used to order abduction of 1000s of girls every year to be used as sexual slaves.

Looks like this indian troll doesn't know **** about human biology or medicine.

Sterilization of men involves vasectomy. All that involves is cutting the vas deferens, which stops sperm from leaving the testicles. It does nothing to decrease hormones or decrease sexual desire. The testes will still be producing testosterone and after vasectomy, the man will feel the sexual desires as he did before and will still be able to have sexual intercourse.

So if Indian men are sterilized, they will continue raping.

Better to have one child than two fighting for limited resources or ten who are forced to turn to terrorism. I applaud china for proper population control.

I wonder what does Islam say about birth control!!!:pop:

From what I hear, having as many kids as possible is part of Islamic tenet........... I have seen Muslim bicycle repairmen in India father 7 kids and no way to feed them.

Back
Top Bottom