What's new

China's New Stealth Bomber: H-X / H-20

That casual dismissal is what will get you killed.

In a war, you want to detect and engage the enemy from as far away from your controlled territory as possible. Controlled territory could range from home soil to swaths of land/sea that you took from someone else, including the enemy's home soil.

This is why 'stealth' irreversibly changed air combat because now the 'stealth' attacker has a higher threat quotient than other forms of attack due to that decreased distance, and decreased distance produces:

- Decreased response time
- Increased posture stress

For the second item, what it means is that the threat from a 'stealth' attacker, unknown as to when and where, demands a constant heightened alert posture which puts additional stress on everything, from humans to machines. Over time, the stress will wear down the defenders.
I was trying to be short and concise. Wasn't trying to spark another argument. I'm an military enthusiast, not a radar officer.

That is fair analysis.
As stated at the beginning, maybe the H-20 is not going fully to adopt the F-2's approach; it may concentrate less on stealth but more on supersonic speed capabilities,like the CG image below. That is why many are eager to see its real image,which should reveal which path it takes.
View attachment 358077
This is more like a supersonic version F117, can't be a bomber exactly. More likely an attacker.

I believe H20 is a Chinese version B2, it is not high tech stuff already, using 20 ago technology. B2 is piece of crap, China should be able to make their own version.

Any video?
Would like to see it in action.

H-20a.jpg

H-X

This document shows a b2 like airplane, but it is not. Coz the wingtip's angel is different from B2. It means it is not a study of Americans B2, but actually a Chinese version stealth bomber!!
It has an extended wings, means it may be able to fly higher than B2. Of course, a slower speed in return.

Last edited:
This is more like a supersonic version F117, can't be a bomber exactly. More likely an attacker.

I believe H20 is a Chinese version B2, it is not high tech stuff already, using 20 ago technology. B2 is piece of crap, China should be able to make their own version.

Indeed, the H-20 will be at least as good as the B3 which is still on the paper.

There were talks back in 2007 that China had a long-range bomber development namely H-8, which used 4 WS-10A engines. It was reported that the H-8 uses a high-tech blended wing-body design, has fly-by-wire controls, and has an angled fuselage. The wing has massive internal fuel tanks. The aircraft uses carbon fiber and other composite materials and the weapons bay has a rotating weapons profile.The bomber retains a terrain hugging capacity and has a terrain following and mapping radar, satellite data links and advanced digital mapping systems. The bomber also uses advanced stealth technologies including nanometer coating amongst other technologies.

Since all those sub-set technologies described above are already mustered by China, plus now China has more powerful engines FWS10b/15/20, so I guess people should not be surprised if this H-20 suddenly shows up.

022.JPG

021.jpg

All jokes aside...If we did penetrated the PLA's air defense network, we would not publicize it, and if the Chinese somehow found out that we could, they would not publicize it unless they can actually do something drastic like shoot at and down a B-2.

Do you think they have something that can shoot down B-2?

I said it before and will repeat: We defeated 'stealth'.

I do not expect you, and the rest of this forum, to believe it. I said it out of generosity, really, I do. I do not know the details of how, but I do know the general principles of how. But even if do know those details, I would not say that I do know anyway. Just like the J-20 and the PAK-FA, your version of the B-2 is DOA, even from conception.

:woot:

Using ground weapons or in-air weapons?

Do you think they have something that can shoot down B-2?
Any missile can bring down the B-2. The problem is detection in the first place.

Anything available. The bottom line is detection and in that regard, Chinese and Russian 'stealth' are DOA.

why not, this is forum , not somewhere for science paper,
fan art is helpful too,

when 10 years ago the first picture of J20 appeared, people said same as you say now here today.
this is really not helpful.

plz translate ....at least main points

A kind of design, the range of 6000 km, with high supersonic cruise missile, which range is 3000 km;
The plane parameters shown on the pictures.

No, eternally vague Vietnamese plumber "physics" from self appointed expert college dropouts pretending they understand even half of the shit they parrot from Wiki and Google articles, when they fail to grasp even the concept of the term array and think repetitively parotting redundant long technical terms they stumbled over on Google like certain angles or other terms that are already obvious from context or the first time you used your cool "techy" term, makes them sound more like a real "expert" rather than those phony actors that never make it past the first job interview.

Jokes aside, there is no point in asking specifics about obscure claims of omnipotent sparkling unicorn powered "secret technologies" the claimant "can't/won't talk about because its super secret/you wouldn't understand". If there where anything to substantiate you'd already have heard about it. Its just infantil and boils down to pure rethoric to bring up something like that in first place.

Last edited:
Any missile can bring down the B-2. The problem is detection in the first place.

Anything available. The bottom line is detection and in that regard, Chinese and Russian 'stealth' are DOA.

Chinese have our F-35 stealth tech, RAM coating technology and much more, how successful are they in implementing and incorporating that onto their jets?

Back
Top Bottom