What's new

China's New Stealth Bomber: H-X / H-20

I think H-20 is many years from flying. The video is fake and definitely shows B-2. If H-20 disclosed this way seems totally ridiculous. It will definitely be similar like J-20 photos on ground for public viewing in a city but already all the important flight tests completed somewhere in rural provinces like USA has some missile and aircraft test facilities in desert. Xian Air Corporation and government create some excitement about the big 20 like J-20, Y-20, H-20 so on but H-20 became this mystery project because stealth bomber is for superpower like USA. Even Russia doesn't have stealth bomber so if China has one, it has become a military power that one day can match USA. I think this create some national excitement for Chinese people but all this talk and news really they will not show any true information about H-20 even if it is already in service anyway. The mystery is romantic and makes some military fans feel full of wonder and imagination. Just a tool for this purpose. The real thing, we don't have any idea.
Judging from this timeline, gathered by our very own @Deino, we shouldn't have to wait long to see it. Hopefully just another few months.
Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 11.56.54 PM.png

https://jamestown.org/program/the-pla-air-forces-silver-bullet-bomber-force/

Oh well ... you seem to have a better memory that me and even if I indeed made that some long time ago I'm no longer sure how valid is estimation was or is.
When do you see the first flight now? Things are bound to have changed from 2017 :-)

The topic I'm most interested in currently is the H-20. I was so excited to see a new post in this thread hoping for some new information or "leak" regarding the development of the H-20. Sooooo disappointed. :undecided: I hate you Figaro and India media! 😝

The topic I'm most interested in currently is the H-20. I was so excited to see a new post in this thread hoping for some new information or "leak" regarding the development of the H-20. Sooooo disappointed. :undecided: I hate you Figaro and India media! 😝
For me it is the following :cheesy:
  1. WS-15
  2. H-20
  3. J-35

What do you think about this?
🤔

According to some guys at Weibo, AVIC's First Institute has recently completed a batch of important tests two days ahead of schedule, which at first were allegedly related to RCS but later this was revised to FCS, so that the (bomber) project is ready to enter the next phase.

Later additional information/translation was added and summarised as:

1. this is the test project of some flight control system, which lasted for 6 days
2. it mentioned during trouble shooting phase, the test team worked together with "XAC test flight institution" as well as "general assembly plant"
3. leader of the 618 institute Song Ke Pu visited the site and boarded the aircraft(登机检查)
😮

4, the aircraft is owned by XAC and is not an UAV/UCAV. (This might hint towards the H-20).
5., there is an assembled aircraft already

via; https://weibo.com/1740979351/JnAdvFIPT?type=comment#_rnd1601832462826

1601833239029.png

The most interesting and exciting part of the information is obviously they boarded the aircraft or inside the aircraft for the trouble shooting work. So, this aircraft must be pretty big and not UCAV.

The leader of the 618 institute Song Ke Pu was also inside the aircraft. Leaders usually only visit when something break through happen. So, it's must be good news and success story.

It also mention a group of XAC's first year technicians was allowed to be around to learned from the test team. But would XAC allowed first year technicians to be around such a important project like H-20? :what:

If it is related to FcS then we won’t be able to see the bird for years.

Back
Top Bottom