What's new

China's New Stealth Bomber: H-X / H-20

Yes, I read from the CCTV yesterday that H-20 has her maiden flight yesterday. But even with that, there is no picture of that long range bomber?

Yes, I read from the CCTV yesterday that H-20 has her maiden flight yesterday. But even with that, there is no picture of that long range bomber?

IMO impossible ... but do You have a link for that ?

H6N

H6K.jpg

Also H-20 prototype reportedly rolled off the assembly line on 08.06.2017 :D:D

They parked it outside to disclose it to the world ?? I guess they did it intentionally

It's in CCTV 4, Deino. I just read the text in a glance. It's the running text at the bottom of the screen. But I can be wrong about this.
You're Chinese indonesian.better not let them know you can read Chinese. You be killed in Indonesia.

A new long-range strategic bomber design (H-20?) has been under development at 603 Institute/XAC since early 2000s. Various configurations were studied in detail. One configuration was a supersonic bomber with a conventional design (delta wings with canards?), another was a 4-engine subsonic stealth flying wing design similar to American B-2. Scale-down models were built. By 2011 the overall configuration was finalized which appears be the flying wing design. Some of the technology including the design of flying wing, dorsal engine intake and exhaust as well as the flight control system might have gained some help from the experience of the Sharp Sword UCAV. The engine is likely to be the modified WS-10 without A/B. The aircraft is expected to feature an AESA radar with twin conformal antennas below the leading wing edges similar to American AN/APQ-181 LPI radar. For armaments it can carry KD-20/DF-10K ALCMs internally on a rotary launcher or conventional bombs on bomb racks. H-20 is believed to be able to evade modern air defence systems and penetrate deep into the enemy territory. It was reported in March 2013 that the development of H-20 (referred to as the "strategic project") is gaining full speed at 603/XAC after the successful flight of Y-20. It was reported in November 2015 that the aircraft could feature twin dorsal S-shaped engine intakes with saw tooth lips similar to those of B-2. Consequently the engines are sunk into the main wing structure to further reduce the RCS. It was reported in December 2015 that a 3D digital prototype was built. It was reported in February 2017 that the QC platform of the digital prototype was built. The first prototype could fly as early as 2019. The latest rumor (August 2017) claimed that the first prototype (or a flying wing technology demonstrator?) rolled down the assembly line at XAC on June 8, 2017. First flight was speculated to be within 2018 but this has not been confirmed.

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.de/p/attack-aircraft-ii.html

Back
Top Bottom