What's new

China's J-15 Carrier-Based Fighter is Inferior to Russian Su-33 fighter: Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not true, basically we copy the shelf design only...You mention 'Complete piracy'. The avionics and engine definitely are domestic. Su-33 original radar are outdated. Why would we want to copy that thing? We need to develop our own for our need to fire all Chinese made weapons.

I dont get u guys. What the hell? Is designing areo design so easy? Designing a stable airframe itself is 70pc job done.
And Su airframes are one of the best. Just adding ur own avionics doesnt make it 'indigenous'. It has to start with design.

I dont get u guys. What the hell? Is designing areo design so easy? Designing a stable airframe itself is 70pc job done.
And Su airframes are one of the best. Just adding ur own avionics doesnt make it 'indigenous'. It has to start with design.

You mention design? design needs to blend in well with avionics and engines. In this case, it all the hardwork of designer input like FBW, weight distribution for stability since chinese radar might be heavy as we require more function of anti-ship, anti-surface and intercepting. The J-15 frame shall be lesser weight compare to old Su-33 since with modern technology, Composite might be used in some area to shred weight. A lot of hardwork needed to be done. I will give credit for Russian of the frame design but do not belittle the job of inputting other component into this plane to make it work. I will rank it a 50/50 job.

Do u know a difference between rights and piracy?
We are paying a sum for each of Su 30 being liscenced produced in India with our own avionics requirements. We never go out bragging Su 30 is indigenous. Su 30 MKI is made for indian requirements after permission from Russia.
But J 15 is a complete piracy. And the article shown here if true, shows a complete bias and lies by Chinese govt.

sorry for the money u paid.

why waste time talking about this problem? who cares if it is a copy of su33?if su33 is good ,why not copy,in case we have chances.as far as i know ,China didn't get su33.(of cause i'm not sure if our engineers download pictures from internet and copy the shell :hitwall:)
russians are clever guys,they know even they give the design drawings to some contry,that country still cann't produce a plane ,so they sell su30mki to it.

You mention design? design needs to blend in well with avionics and engines. In this case, it all the hardwork of designer input like FBW, weight distribution for stability since chinese radar might be heavy as we require more function of anti-ship, anti-surface and intercepting. The J-15 frame shall be lesser weight compare to old Su-33 since with modern technology, Composite might be used in some area to shred weight. A lot of hardwork needed to be done. I will give credit for Russian of the frame design but do not belittle the job of inputting other component into this plane to make it work. I will rank it a 50/50 job.

Fair enough. But who will pay for Russian contribution is the question? I mean if China pays a license for Russia, it doesnt need to get a piracy tag from anybody. Instead it can proudly have its head high.

What's the crime? Maybe, but, better than army can't protect their people, the defence industry can't product a simple bullet.

Keep youself as saint, man.

And, we will copy all advanced thing, till to nothing to be copied, to get that, we need work harder, and hope India can creat something we can "copy".

don't forget LCA and Mirage 2000, to prove China copy Russian, they have million proof, to prove LCA not Mirage 2000, they also will make million proof, that's indian, you know, impotent, but have a potent mouth, hehe.

LCA design and Mirage 2000 design very different , Air intake is difference, length and design is different , you chine think all delta wing plane is mirage -2000 and what even France says nothing about LCA but Chinese think otherwise,
but then come j-15 which look photocopy of SU-33 then its not same design....

LCA design and Mirage 2000 design very different , Air intake is difference, length and design is different , you chine think all delta wing plane is mirage -2000 and what even France says nothing about LCA but Chinese think otherwise,
but then come j-15 which look photocopy of SU-33 then its not same design....
Of course you will said that, what do you want to get from a country that even can't finished a outdated LCA?

I have said that, never mind, don't care about whether it is copy, we will copy all the advanced thing till to nothing to copy, hope you indian can creat something we can copy.
:cheesy:

An aircraft cannot be a copy of another if all of its internal technologies were upgraded and replaced with domestically sourced counterparts, as it is pretty much the only thing that differentiates different Flankers. Heck, even the performances between the Su-33 and the J-15 are different due to that fact.

There is no moral high-ground in military development. You can buy, steal, burrow, it doesn't matter. If a country feels aggrieved by IP infringement, then it's up to them to retaliate by sanctions or any other suitable measure, if they feel so strong about it. You only play by the rules if you're hamstrung by your own inability to make your own weapons. India does not have the manufacturing and research depth to independently make sophisticated systems such as modern jet fighters. They have to agree to seller's terms or risk being cut off from access to technologies they are incapable of making on their own. China is not in such a position and Russia knows it and are bitter about it. Russia knows China can make anything Russia currently fields and is fast becoming an export competitor rather than the old buyer-seller relationship.

China has reached the point where they have learned all they can from Russia and are starting to invest more in research and design to innovate their own weapons systems. They are following the path of all previous great military powers, like when the US and Russia learned all they can from captured Nazi scientists and started to develop their own designs. Copying or reverse engineering is the necessary path to attain the basic technical competence to achieve technological parity with the leaders of the field. Once you achieve such a position, then you have to innovate to evolve. I believe China have the resources and resolve to push forward and create bigger and better weapons. I'm excited to see what China will make in the future.

Stealing , robbery news are very interesting, especially , defence related.

looks like you cheerleaders have done a lot perfecting crimes while holding on to our Zangnan territory illegally

I just can't see what those Russians are on about, they look nothing alike!

Su-33:

J -15

I mean one is Blue, the other is Yellow for Christ sake's- what more do you want?

that is why you cheerleaders are always trying to judge a book from its cover. do you know how much more works to be done to make a jet fly at high performance indices than its external look!?

that is why you cheerleaders are always trying to judge a book from its cover. do you know how much more works to be done to make a jet fly at high performance indices than its external look!?

Save your breath mate. I don't think most Indian posters who post on the Chinese Defence forum care about details. They have their view fixed and will form any response based on that prejudiced view. Just know that most neutrals are impressed with China's progress.

I just can't see what those Russians are on about, they look nothing alike!

Su-33:

su-33%20003.JPG

J-15

1288359629_j15july10.jpg

I mean one is Blue, the other is Yellow for Christ sake's- what more do you want?

The engine looks different too and the tail hook.
There are things you cannot tell in a glance just like Brahmos vs Yakhont.

The engine looks different too and the tail hook.
There are things you cannot tell in a glance just like Brahmos vs Yakhont.

No it doesnt. Tail hook looks pretty the same. Its just blue potograph is zoomed in better than the other.
And yes, the Brahmos is a 50-50 JV while the latter is not.

No it doesnt. Tail hook looks pretty the same. Its just blue potograph is zoomed in better than the other.
And yes, the Brahmos is a 50-50 JV while the latter is not.

If you look carefully you will not see a tail hook on the image of the Russian plane. So no, it is not the same. Similar argument can be presented as per your Brahmos to the Russian Yahkont. Your claim that it is a 50-50 of what not can also be rubbished just as much. Same airframe does not mean same avionics, engines and equipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom