What's new

China's Google Earth rival claims Arunachal.

You and others act as the Indian equivalent of peaceful everyday.

Ya, because you are the only one who's with intellect here. If it not for you, this forum would go bust.... hahahaha..get a life.

Also, I could say the same thing about you.

Both were developing nations, but India should show some respect to China, an utterly poor nation started from the bottom, having a such achievement today. You might think that tomorrow's India might become today's China.

Pragmatically, I think Arunachal are our historical lost land, it almost impossible to take back. So don't need to always keep the strawman's argument, China won't grab your lands. What the most important thing for us is to focus on our development.

We show all the respect China deserves. Respect is earned. 'Peaceful' generalizing all of Indians as loosers didn't catch your eye. I was responding to him.

Last edited:
well, i don't know how true of an indian you are when you have a white country's passport and use the white man's language.

Both were developing nations, but India should show some respect to China, an utterly poor nation started from the bottom, having a such achievement today. You might think that tomorrow's India might become today's China.

Pragmatically, I think Arunachal are our historical lost land, it almost impossible to take back. So don't need to always keep the strawman's argument, China won't grab your lands. What the most important thing for us is to focus on our development.

Who knows what the people heading the governments are thinking though.

I just wish China back off and let India develop itself.

Thats it.

Not have some kind of medieval France-England type relationship for the future centuries to come.

Leave each other alone.

Thats it.

Not have some kind of medieval France-England type relationship for the future centuries to come.

Leave each other alone.

I don't think it will ever turn into a situation like Medieval Britain and France.

Claims on Arunachal Pradesh are there to balance the claims on Aksai Chin. Also, it serves as a "political chip"... in case India decides to do anything with the Tibetan government in exile.

It is just hedging against risk. The chances of an all-out war between China and India nowadays is very low, especially when you consider that both sides have nuclear weapons.

well, i don't know how true of an indian you are when you have a white country's passport and use the white man's language.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Judgy haa... Are you some kind of astrologist to know me just by chatting with me on an obscure forum. I am an Indian and I have Indian passport. White man's language ha... What language are you suppose you are using then, on this forum? Some kind of Mandarin that closely resembles English.:rofl::rofl:

Come back with a better argument next time.

Last edited:

Thats it.

Leave each other alone.

Of course China will leave India alone. The reason why CCP is still claiming Arunachal is to tone down the uprising voice of some Chinese Nationalists. Anyway, I think it is impossible to alter the landscape of today's political geography.

how can we not claim the territory where dalai was born:smitten:

if we recognize the legality of McMahon Line,then we should also recognize the legality of British invasion in india

how can we not claim the territory where dalai was born:smitten:

if we recognize the legality of McMahon Line,then we should also recognize the legality of British invasion in india

The invasion of India happened. And didn't China get Tibet in the form of the invading Manchurians and Mongols?

Best thing to do is respect todays borders.

The invasion of India happened. And didn't China get Tibet in the form of the invading Manchurians and Mongols?

Best thing to do is respect todays borders.

india wont accept the line of actual control

well, in china Google has to follow rules of Chinese govt and when they operate in India they have to follow rules of GOI.o Chinese Google will show AP as china's part and Indian Google has to show that AP is part of India!we all know that AP is part of India.let Chinese claim it but they will not get it!they haven't digested tibet and no they talk about taking AP!

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

no i meant now

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

As a responsible law abiding nation, India [ Images ] has a moral responsibility to tell the truth that Tibet [ Images ] is an occupied country, says Tashi Phuntsok.

India and China are squabbling over Arunachal Pradesh, which historically belonged to neither country. This dispute came to light again, recently, when China protested the Dalai Lama's [ Images ] plan to visit the state. Throughout the brief history of this territorial dispute, India has chosen to be on the defensive side for all the wrong reasons.

At the 11th round of Sino-India border negotiations in 2008 in Harbin, China, then Indian foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee [ Images ] awkwardly sounded optimistic and pragmatic about the establishment of a working group to prepare for the settlement of the Sino-India border issue.

He used the language of mutual understanding, mutual accommodation, and mutual adjustment, but at the time, the language of Zhou Gang, the special consultant to the Chinese foreign ministry and former Chinese ambassador to India, did not contain mutualism.

The Chinese envoy firmly emphasised that India must make a substantial adjustment in the eastern sector including returning Tawang to China as a precondition to reach any settlement. It is important to notice the words 'eastern sector' which indicates that acquiring Tawang is not the end of the dispute.

The Chinese claim over Arunachal Pradesh is based on Tibetan history. Zhou Gang did not hesitate reminding the history of Tawang in his statement. 'I cited the following example that during my tenure as Chinese ambassador to India, I made it clear on many occasions to the Indian public -- Tawang belongs to China, it is the birthplace of the sixth Dalai Lama and the Dalai Lama is 'China's Dalai Lama', who cannot be 'India's Dalai Lama.'

He conveniently did not mention that China annexed Tibet in 1949, and that was how China's claim over Arunachal Pradesh began. Indian foreign policy think tanks beginning from Jawaharlal Nehru-V K Krishna Menon to current Cabinets knew that the Sino-India border never existed until the Chinese annexation of Tibet, but they always chose to ignore the historical accounts of the disputed territory.

India's ownership of Tawang came from the Simla Convention signed between British India and sovereign Tibet on July 3, 1914. The official boundary between the two nations was named the McMahon Line to honour Sir Henry McMahon, the British foreign secretary who signed the Simla Convention from the British side. So, in order to give any legitimacy to her claim over Arunachal Pradesh, India has to give her partner in the Simla Convention a sovereign political status, at least historically.

The Chinese have flatly rejected the McMahon Line. They have been loudly claiming Indian territories to be part of China in every available media outlet, but Indian leaders have not shown the courage to remind the Chinese that in more than a thousand years of history, India never had a border dispute with Tibet until China annexed Tibet.

In 2003 during his visit to China, then Indian prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee [ Images ] yielded to the Chinese pressure to accept the Tibetan Autonomous Region as an inalienable part of China in writing. To Vajpayee, perhaps that was just a semantic shift, but to the Chinese it added validity to their claim over Indian territories.

India has no big card to play in this negotiation. India has sold out Tibet chiefly to China and is now paying the price of potentially losing territories in this mutual adjustment deal. Nehru's failed foreign policy of appeasing China still prevails in the Indian diplomatic book of wisdom.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's [ Images ] government clearly demonstrated this China appeasement policy by minimising recent Chinese military incursions into Indian territories. Sensing the weakness in Indian leaders, China has become bolder in recent times, claiming Arunachal Pradesh to be part of China publicly in a greater, assertive, tone. Last year, China denied a visa to an Indian delegate from Arunachal Pradesh and also objected to Asian Development Bank [ Get Quote ] funding for an irrigation project in Arunachal.

India is an emerging world power economically, militarily, and politically. Unlike the People's Republic of China, India is a democratic and morally sensible nation. The new powerful India has no reason to bend to Chinese aggression.

For her own interest, India has to resurrect the Tibet issue on the international platform and eventually bring it into the United Nations General Assembly. Several Western countries are waiting for India to take that initiative.

Tibet is India's legitimate ticket to its claim over Arunachal Pradesh and this claim is based on historical fact. The McMahon Line is the legitimate Indo-Tibet border. As a emerging regional superpower, India must show courage to present the truth for her own sake, if not for the unfortunate Tibetan people who have lost everything in this long standing illegitimate border dispute between China and India.

As a responsible law abiding nation, India has a moral responsibility to tell the truth that Tibet is an occupied country.

Tashi Phunstok is a high school teacher and Tibet activist in the US. He can be contacted at tashpy@yahoo.com

Itanagar: Rejecting China's claim on Arunachal Pradesh, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday asserted that there was no question of India surrendering its sovereign rights over the state.

"We have made it clear that there is no question of surrendering our soveriegn rights over Arunachal. The question does not arise. There were 11 rounds of discussions (on the boundary question) in the last six to seven years. We consistently said that we cannot accept China's claim on Arunachal," Mukherjee told a press conference here.

"India has recognised Tibet as an autonomous region of Peoples Republic of China with which trade through traditional routes stopped after the 1962 war.

"Please write the name of the region carefully as Tibet Autonomous Region of Peoples Republic of China, as it has wide international connotations," Mukherjee said.

"Elections are taking place regularly in Arunachal which is sending two representatives to Lok Sabha," he noted. India has consistently maintained that Arunachal is an integral part of the country.

He was replying to a question by a local journalist that when his forefathers traded with Tibet for centuries why was it stopped and how China could lay claim over Arunachal?

Related Stories
India and China growing closer: Sangma
India committed to promoting ties with China: PM
Mukherjee said that trade through traditional routes across the border, which stopped since the 1962 war, restarted after many years at Likule and Sibkila when the issue was raised by the then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi during his visit to China in 1988.

Subsequently, during the visit of then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee to Beijing in 2003, the two sides had decided to reopen the traditional trade through Nathula in Sikkim.

Mukherjee was here to release the manifesto of the ruling Congress for the October 13 state assembly elections.

Back
Top Bottom