What's new

China's GDP reaches $9.3 trillion in 2013

Nice to hear. I am still waiting for the overall national economic survey beginning in March. This should yield some interesting results.

I for one am waiting for the 1st outcomes of adopting SNA 2008 for the calculation of GDP。

Though the new method by itself won't enlarge our purse,the figures thus obtained should prove to be very interesting GDP size-wise and paint a more healthy picture of our economy。

Thanks buddy. :china::pakistan:

Hey brother, what do you think of our low inflation and high interest rates? There seems like a lot of room to boost growth.

I think maybe 7-8% is the most we want to grow right now, to prevent imbalances.

No other country has sustained such a high growth rate for so long, especially at such an enormous economic base size. There could be hidden dangers, since no one has taken this path before.

If we can sustain a 7-8% growth rate for the next decade, that would far surpass my expectations. That would be truly amazing.

Yes,interest rates are high considering that most third-party financial products sold through banks yield annual returns of 6% or more with inflation running at 2.5%。

China's RRR is also high at over 20%,sky high if one compares it with 3.5% in India where inflation has hovered around double digits for years。

There are other policies in place which restrict economic growth。Auto purchase limits in cities such as Guangzhou、Beijing and Shanghai is a fine case in point,all the property-tightening measures another(albeit necessary,to avoid
speculative real estate bubble).

In short,China has pretty room for monetary、fiscal and sectorial stimulation should the economic situation demand。

China will soon overtake US to be largest economy in world. May be by 2020 and if not by 2025 for sure. China now needs to open up to immigration.

Japan is actually THE country that needs to open up for MASSIVE immigration,for its population is aging fast and according to one calculation,will come down to 1/4 of present-day size in less than 100 years。

But the Japs are obsessed with the idea of a ‘pure race“。So there you have it。:D

Japan is actually THE country that needs to open up for MASSIVE immigration,for its population is aging fast and according to one calculation,will come down to 1/4 of present-day size in less than 100 years。

But the Japs are obsessed with the idea of a ‘pure race“。So there you have it。:D

Japan is in a weird spot. On one hand, it has a pretty large population even taking the aging population into account. The education is pretty good as well, but on the other hand, its policies are scattered all over the place. Its status as a semi-economic colony of US is partially to be blamed, but the Japanese culture itself is really not known for stable long term strategies as well. IMHO, even disregarding the culture tendencies, Japan's problem can't be fixed with immigration because work force is only a small part of the problem with Japanese economy.

Thanks for your compliment.

But immigration? No.....never.

yea why not? Chinese people immigrate all over the world earn money and help China in the process. It is only fair to open for immigration.

We've already reclaimed the position as the largest manufacturer and largest trading nation. Next up is largest consumer market and largest economy. By 2020, we will be largest in nearly everything.

Then nearly all Americans will hate us in those polls :lol:
Let me know when china is biggest military.

Sure, if you're talking about "nominal GDP growth", we are still growing in double-digits. Since nominal GDP growth takes into account inflation and currency appreciation.

But when we talk about growth, we usually talk about the real growth rate. Which doesn't count inflation or currency appreciation.

Our real growth rate of 7.7% is remarkable I think. I thought that once our economic base size became this high, we wouldn't be able to achieve such rates. In fact, experts are expecting our GDP growth rate to actually increase this year!

And once our "economic transition" into a consumption-fueled economy is complete, we will hopefully be able to maintain this growth rate. That would be really amazing if possible.

The thing that should be a focus in China is its long term growth, I hope your country is able to control and manage pollution there...I heard that Beijing is so polluted. You should be able to impose hard punishment to any of the industry that pollute your country......

yea why not? Chinese people immigrate all over the world earn money and help China in the process. It is only fair to open for immigration.
China don't want their country to be destroyed by brown people, so no. You guys can go to Sweden or the world's largest democracy. In 2030 India will surpass the world in economics and military according to this.

Japan is in a weird spot. On one hand, it has a pretty large population even taking the aging population into account. The education is pretty good as well, but on the other hand, its policies are scattered all over the place. Its status as a semi-economic colony of US is partially to be blamed, but the Japanese culture itself is really not known for stable long term strategies as well. IMHO, even disregarding the culture tendencies, Japan's problem can't be fixed with immigration because work force is only a small part of the problem with Japanese economy.

Japan is a FULL economic and military colony of the US.

Due to its large population and culture tendencies, China is not an immigration nation. Basically, Chinese expect people who lives in China to behave like Chinese, instead of "insert random nationality" people who happen to take residence in China. Frankly, due to the population pressure, I don't really see China becoming an immigration nation in the near future except to individuals with outstanding qualification (high technical skills, etc)

The thing that should be a focus in China is its long term growth, I hope your country is able to control and manage pollution there...I heard that Beijing is so polluted. You should be able to impose hard punishment to any of the industry that pollute your country......

Beijing does have a lot of air pollution. It is a mega metroplex with with more than 20 million population and it is surrounded on three sides by mountain, so when bad weather, especially a low pressure front hits, it can trap quite a bit smog there, but it is not really worse than other mega cities, such as Delhi, or London when England had its industry.

And Beijing's pollution doesn't really come from industry. Industrial pollution affects both air and water, but you don't really hear media talking about water pollution in Beijing. This is because it is a political and commercial city, not an industrial city. Vast majority of Beijing's pollution comes from personal vehicles. This is why a gradual transition to electric vehicle is so important for Beijing.

Last edited:
Japan is a FULL economic and military colony of the US.

Eh, Japan does get heavily influenced by US, but it is nowhere near a full colony, especially comparing to colonies from 18th and 19th centuries.
This is actually quite the important distinction when dealing with Japan in East Asia conflicts. Had it been a full colony, then it would be under direct control of US. In that case, there really isn't any wiggle room and all dealings have to done using the understanding that it will fight China to the bitter end and US will fight to the end to defend its direct interest.
On the other hand, the real world Japan is a semi-colony. This means while its decisions are heavily influenced by US, Japan isn't actually going to kill itself for US interests (Being forced to commit economic suicide at gun point, yes, but willingly no) and US is not going to defend Japan at (large) cost of its interest. This leaves a lot more options on the table.

Back
Top Bottom