What's new

China's first homemade regional jet gets certificate

:eek: holy f*ck, a 3 member crew in the cockpit would be better just like in the past but the 3rd crew member has been replaced by automation.

its not about the third cockpit member, the third seat is for Flight Engineer, they are general not even allow to touch the control yoke unless both pilot are incapped(Felt asleep does not count)

And even if they do, FE usually have least hours in command, so you actually dont really want that to happen.

Airline usually uses multiple set of flight crew (relief crew) for long haul flight to reduce fatigue. The third seat is generally for another set of eyes on the flight panel, having them and not having them actually made no different

I seen you do this at a number of places, you dragged India into this. You are like the guy that threw the first punch and is surprised, Mike Tyson can and will punch you back.

If you don't want to drag India into this, then make a decent comment, or at least a logical one. This plane has been through trials like an Olympic athlete, and it uses established technology from around the world.

Clearly your post is a trolling one, you can criticize, but you didn't really do that either. I'm guessing you are not in the field and hence cannot make any technical judgement one way or the other.

My comment was perfectly logical one, but I put it in a light way, probably that you found troublesome, hence I am putting it in a more serious tone.

Even the old experienced companies making passenger jetliners like Boeing or Airbus take years to sort out issues being found during regular operation. A big & reputed company like McDonnell Douglas went bankrupt and shut down over a few unnoticed issues like faulty cargo door design in their famous DC-10 that became fatal. The risk is higher for a company making its first attempt in making a jetliner.

I hope Pakistan purchases a couple of these for short haul flights, domestics routes.

Good work boys. Maybe some day I will be in China and get to fly in this thing :angel:

My comment was perfectly logical one, but I put it in a light way, probably that you found troublesome, hence I am putting it in a more serious tone.

Even the old experienced companies making passenger jetliners like Boeing or Airbus take years to sort out issues being found during regular operation. A big & reputed company like McDonnell Douglas went bankrupt and shut down over a few unnoticed issues like faulty cargo door design in their famous DC-10 that became fatal. The risk is higher for a company making its first attempt in making a jetliner.

New airplanes have higher risks? Maybe. The Airbus builder did not have as much experience as Boeing either, but that didn't stop them from building the highly reliable Airbus planes. Just like what has happened in many other technology fields, new comers learn from the experiences of the pioneers. Thus they can develop a lot faster. For example, most if not all of the accidents caused by the airplane design flaws are on records available to public. Our designers can study and learn from that to avoid making the same mistakes. But we will never get there if we don't take the first step.

M. D. went bankrupt because they lost the competition with Boeing. They ran out of money and time. China has a national interest in making this work. We can send men into space, we have the means and wills to make reliable passenger jets too.

On the same context, India should NEVER start anything as venturous, not in making airliners in future, nor jet fighters or rockets or any further space missions if you are seeing failure is more as a permanent curse than a learning and aspiring process of bringing a nation forward
d8a2003033c9d9c4bf645929ab667715.gif

New airplanes have higher risks? Maybe. The Airbus builder did not have as much experience as Boeing either, but that didn't stop them from building the highly reliable Airbus planes. Just like what has happened in many other technology fields, new comers learn from the experiences of the pioneers. Thus they can develop a lot faster. For example, most if not all of the accidents caused by the airplane design flaws are on records available to public. Our designers can study and learn from that to avoid making the same mistakes. But we will never get there if we don't take the first step.

M. D. went bankrupt because they lost the competition with Boeing. They ran out of money and time. China has a national interest in making this work. We can send men into space, we have the means and wills to make reliable passenger jets too.

No problem with that, it's just that one of your compatriots wrote long notes objecting to a post of mine, so I had to tell him that the post was not illogical either.

I am bringing this to the fore
Russia, China plane makers plan rivals for Airbus and Boeing

so alongside ARJ 21 and C-919 there is yet another jetliner project on the drawing board. This time, a wide-body:

China to design new wide-body with Russia next year
Oct 29, 2014 - 16:28PM

The Commercial Aircraft Corp. of China (COMAC) is planning to design a new wide-body aircraft with Russia’s United Aircraft Corp. next year, according to COMAC chairman Jin Zhuanglong.

Russian media said in June the new wide-body would be designed based on the Russian-made Ilyushin IL-96 aircraft and would have a capacity of 250-300 seats, which should be competitive with aircraft of the same type from other manufacturers. Currently, only Airbus and Boeing manufacture aircraft that size.

To date, COMAC is mainly responsible for production of the ARJ21 regional jet and the narrow-body C919. Jin said the ARJ21 is expected to get an airworthiness certificate this year and will be delivered to Chengdu Airlines in the near future.

In addition, the C919 has entered the final assembly line and is scheduled to launch its inaugural flight next year.

473e0591c94604f06d454e02ce783bd0.gif

ARJ21-700 MRBR jointly approved by CAAC and EASA

Last Updated (Beijing Time):2015-02-03 Source:News Center of COMAC
Color vision protection:

W020150211415484742799.jpg

ARJ21-700 final Maintenance Review Board (MRB) held a meeting in Shanghai from January 27th to 28th, 2015. Representatives from Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD) and airlines conducted a final review on ARJ21-700 Maintenance Review Board Report (MRBR). After confirming that all open items were closed, CAAC and EASA jointly approved ARJ21-700 MRBR.

ARJ21-700 is the first aircraft obtaining EASA's approval for MRBR. Through the maintenance review of CAAC and EASA, Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd. (COMAC) has grasped relevant rules of international Maintenance Review Board (MRB), established relatively perfect maintenance analysis working regulations and process, analyzed and developed ARJ21-700 aircraft maintenance tasks in accordance with international standards, and exercised a professional team for implementing maintenance analysis and accepting international review. The joint approval of CAAC and EASA has important promotion effect on the market reception of ARJ21-700 aircraft and the maintenance review of subsequent models.

ca8ec5b5c3e4d72e54c5863fd51a3e29.gif

Export this to the world and take away market share from the West.
Before we come to this stage, all the western media were posting doubtful news about the ARJ-21.
Yet,we have achieved one milestone after another in our short history of making commercial jetliners
We are still drawing the learning curve. There is a long way to go.
6b3f56643f4588d9392b2f455cc2c911.gif

Before we come to this stage, all the western media were posting doubtful news about the ARJ-21.
Yet,we have achieved one milestone after another in our short history of making commercial jetliners
We are still drawing the learning curve. There is a long way to go.
6b3f56643f4588d9392b2f455cc2c911.gif

West's only option is to doubt and laugh at China through Western propaganda mouthpieces. That's all they can do. China is progressing rapidly in all areas and the jealousy is oozing out of the West and a couple of Eastern countries.

West's only option is to doubt and laugh at China through Western propaganda mouthpieces. That's all they can do. China is progressing rapidly in all areas and the jealousy is oozing out of the West and a couple of Eastern countries.

Yeah, mudslinging and impartial reporting are the traits of Western media. We should be immune to that, already. Best way is to counter information with information; if they utilize a hundred channels, we should utilize 150 channels. Just get China's news out.

There is going to be a new upgraded ARJ21

The airframer is aware that the ARJ21 would be dated by the time it enters service, especially when facing pressures from newer types such as the Mitsubishi MRJ regional jet and Embraer’s E2 family of re-winged and re-engined jets. Early discussions on an improved version of the regional jet has thus been started to ensure that the aircraft stays competitive.

Full-swing discussions will commence once CAAC certification is obtained, says Zhao. Comac wants to reduce the aircraft’s structural weight, improve its avionics and power systems, and also enhance the manufacturing of its exterior to produce a smoother surface to reduce drag.

There are, however, no near term plans to re-engine the ARJ21, partially because of an agreement that makes GE Aviation the sole supplier of the type’s engines. The ARJ21 is powered by GE’s CF34-10A engines.

Zhao expects Comac to produce 30 to 40 of the current ARJ21s, before the improved variant is rolled out.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/analysis-the-arj21-progress-re...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom