What's new

China’s debt-trap diplomacy

Fact remains Chinese investments aren't doing too good at the moment.

E.g. Chinese investment in sri lanka has been a dud in every sense !

http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2015/06/28/hambantota-white-projects-eat-up-economy/

Chinese investment in Uganda didn't even take off except the pics floated in the media

http://www.economist.com/news/middl...geoning-influence-africa-may-be-overblown-not

Chinese investors don't park their money in local banks and their corporations bring their own labor. The investment never have any rollover positive effect on the local economy.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201604050168.html

What happens to CPEC will depend on multi lateral participation of countries in it. Chinese companies left by themselves will leech away the lifeblood of the local economy ! That's guaranteed !

Don't be so jealous. Just because your America doesn't have a say in world affairs anymore doesn't mean China will fail LOL

Whilst your America wages wars, bans people from coming to their country and builds walls, China is going to assume the world leader role.

You just worry about banning Muslims and building the Mexican wall. Remember, your orange baboon promised an isolationist policy. Meaning America first. We will hold you to it.

Pakistan is not rest of the world...and we dont bother what other thinks

We don't believe. You care like your life depends on it. Otherwise you would not be on a Pakistani forum in the first place.

Bullshit
We didn't throw bombs to other countries, but you threw many bombs on other countries, killing many innocent civilians. You have caused the turmoil in north Africa and the middle east, resulting in a large number of refugees!

America is in decline. The whole freakin' world knows it. Trump will make sure that this country is destroyed in the next four years. Some are even claiming that America under Trump isn't even a full democracy anymore.

technologically, you are largest importers of Arms, economically you took more aids then Pakistan can take in next 100 years, yoga day happen bcoz it effects no one. try to impose your decision on even an tiny Island and they will show real worth of beggar, malnutrition, poverty filled shupa powa on your face.. culturally you are known as caste ridden, taboo society.. no one watch bollywood except bhartis and few people here and there.

yeah bharat mata dont have sugger daddy in shape of soviet who used to own its every department back then?
what you call dumb i call it smart move, it led to isolation of shupa powa for 50 years while Pakistan got economic,military and diplomatic support from western world.

as for Jealousy well i am not commenting on bharti forum to show bhartis how great we were or are like your kind..:lol: its called inferiority complex..

as i said earlier Pakistan have 65 out of 70 years higher per capita then your failed country, less poverty, more income equality hence bigger middle class compared to bhartis.. suck it up.

As for democracy, you keep them, i hope you worship congress and BJP while 3000 farmers commit suicide in mharashtra every year..

let us live in our dictatorship, losing 500 people in terrorism is better then starving 3000 people to death..

LOL at India. A country renowened for mass rape and poverty. Just because America built a few call centres these silly Indians think they have made it. India will always be looked at as a poor, discriminatory and misogynistic society. The Americans are using India as a pawn against China. LOL just look at the obsession of Indians to compare themselves with China in every regard. What a joke. China is a trillion light years ahead.

Now China is going to help its ally Pakistan achieve glory. Indians are in a rage and I like it a lot.

Last edited:
Don't be so jealous. Just because your America doesn't have a say in world affairs anymore doesn't mean China will fail LOL

Whilst your America wages wars, bans people from coming to their country and build walls, China is going to assume the world leader role.

You just worry about banning Muslims and building the Mexican wall. Remember, your orange baboon promised an isolationist policy. Meaning America first. We will hold you to it.

We don't believe. You care like your life depends on it. Otherwise you would not be on a Pakistani forum in the first place.

America is in decline. The whole freakin' world knows it. Trump will make sure that this country is destroyed in the next four years. Some are even claiming that America under Trump isn't even a full democracy anymore.
I am on so many forums for time pass...so stop thinking you are so important

I don't know why these people comparing SriLanka situation to Pakistan on debt from china.

Srilanka spent money on a jungle to build a new city,new airport & a new sea port. I think it was biggest mistake of Srilanka because they have population of only nearly 20 millions and surrounded by water so they don't share border with any country, hence their plans got failed and airport built is called most emptiest airport in the world.

In comparison pakistan 80% debt is been spent on energy issues and pakistan needs that and it will never ever become burden on Pakistan, nearly 9 billion dollars spent on railway which is justified aswell to double the speed of tracks for transportation of goods and other things. Pakistan population is nearly 200 million so even if china don't use the gwadar port it will be more better for us because our industry will not face any competition.

At the end Pakistan loan intrest is only 2% percent and will be paid in 25 years time frame and some of gwadar related projects are interest free for example gwadar new airport.

I am on so many forums for time pass...so stop thinking you are so important

time pass on forums...get a life! :happy:

Walmart China called, said they have a red tag sale on LIFE! YOU GET A LIFE YES? :lol:

I don't know why these people comparing SriLanka situation to Pakistan on debt from china.

Srilanka spent money on a jungle to build a new city,new airport & a new sea port. I think it was biggest mistake of Srilanka because they have population of only nearly 20 millions and surrounded by water so they don't share border with any country, hence their plans got failed and airport built is called most emptiest airport in the world.

In comparison pakistan 80% debt is been spent on energy issues and pakistan needs that and it will never ever become burden on Pakistan, nearly 9 billion dollars spent on railway which is justified aswell to double the speed of tracks for transportation of goods and other things. Pakistan population is nearly 200 million so even if china don't use the gwadar port it will be more better for us because our industry will not face any competition.

At the end Pakistan loan intrest is only 2% percent and will be paid in 25 years time frame and some of gwadar related projects are interest free for example gwadar new airport.
Slight correction, Pakistan's population in well over 200 million, a census is about to start, wouldn't be surprised if it's touching 250 million by now.

Bullshit
We didn't throw bombs to other countries, but you threw many bombs on other countries, killing many innocent civilians. You have caused the turmoil in north Africa and the middle east, resulting in a large number of refugees!

Rhetoric now ? How about refuting my claims which has been substantiated with links ?

V
Yes the problem is not what China is doing, they are just securing their their stake. However as a country shouldn't you question if you are ready for that kind of reliance on China?

In diplomacy 2 countries don't always share same interests over decades, when the time comes will you be able to stand up to China if need be?

So you should be happy that China is also our enemy. Why are you so much concerned :disagree:

We know better our interests than taking advice from our biggest enemy of the entire universe...:pop:

You Indians should jump....:victory::taz::bounce:

:china::pakistan:

How do you prove the truth of the news?

- Chinese projects in Sri Lanka failed terribly
- Several projects in Africa didn't even start off
- Chinese nationals gets robbed off in african countries because they are looked upon as colonialists

which of the above claims do you reject ?

Rhetoric now ? How about refuting my claims which has been substantiated with links ?
I'd hate to bust your bubble but if the american president himself has started raising a finger on the media's integrity then we will naturally take everything the media says with a grain of salt now won't we?

I'd hate to bust your bubble but if the american president himself has started raising a finger on the media's integrity then we will naturally take everything the media says with a grain of salt now won't we?

Sure bro ! Reject what american media says. I can prove the above claims with corroboration from local news outlets

V

So you should be happy that China is also our enemy. Why are you so much concerned :disagree:

We know better our interests than taking advice from our biggest enemy of the entire universe...:pop:

You Indians should jump....:victory::taz::bounce:

:china::pakistan:

+1

Sure bro ! Reject what american media says. I can prove the above claims with corroboration from local news outlets

Prove away. Just bear in mind that there's a method to trump's madness. he is right in implying that there is no such thing as a free, fair, impartial, factual and objective media outlet be it electronic or printed. They all have some purpose and hidden agenda. So whatever local news sources you provide, I hope you'll take it with a degree of pessimism and give it a more critical thought with regards to what are the hidden motives behind the source.

+1

Prove away. Just bear in mind that there's a method to trump's madness. he is right in implying that there is no such thing as a free, fair, impartial, factual and objective media outlet be it electronic or printed. They all have some purpose and hidden agenda. So whatever local news sources you provide, I hope you'll take it with a degree of pessimism and give it a more critical thought with regards to what are the hidden motives behind the source.

Maybe you do the same kind of research as if you had to disprove those points ! You would be convinced about my claims

or better

you have the srilankan nationals here. Why don't you go and ask them directly about their chinese port's shipping volumes and the chinese built airport's footfall !

time pass on forums...get a life! :happy:

Walmart China called, said they have a red tag sale on LIFE! YOU GET A LIFE YES? :lol:

Slight correction, Pakistan's population in well over 200 million, a census is about to start, wouldn't be surprised if it's touching 250 million by now.
of course time pass....what else....PhD on forum !...:crazy:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom