What's new

China's Blitzkrieg on U.S. Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual this scenario assumes that the role the carrier group will take is that of passive target, not shooting back, or being engaged in its own offensive actions.

As usual this scenario assumes that the role the carrier group will take is that of passive target, not shooting back, or being engaged in its own offensive actions.
They have to assume the worst for US and the best for the opposition. Makes you wonder how much war gaming the PLA does and how honest it is when it does it.

So you want the end the China (for sure), US (probably) and the planet as we know it in the quest to sink an AC, great :yahoo:

Americans are not that dumb.

Sink a carrier and the US will try to strike a Chinese Naval port with conventional cruise missiles etc.

China can blow the US into history and the Americans know that.

Americans are not that dumb.

Sink a carrier and the US will try to strike a Chinese Naval port with conventional cruise missiles etc.

China can blow the US into history and the Americans know that.

I'm sure you meant the US can glass China and the Chinese know that.

I'm sure you meant the US can glass China and the Chinese know that.

The Chinese can also glass the US, so the US will not do much to a Chinese conventional strike on a carrier.

What is your point or do you not understand the idea of proportionality and mutual deterrence?

^^^ These US losers cannot stand to have a country challenging them and to end their time of killing, bullying and thieving in the near future.

Yes I agree with all of you America is stupid and worthless! China is invincible and the US can't touch it.

The U.S. knows it's a conventional warhead, because China has a no-first-use (NFU) policy of using nuclear weapons. Plus, the Chinese DF-21D ASBM has been advertised to death. Whatever ballistic missiles are being shot at an aircraft carrier, it's a conventional DF-21D. In the worst case scenario, China can call the U.S. on the hotline and tell them it's the DF-21D.

Anyway, if the U.S. goes nuclear then China will go nuclear too. If the U.S. wants to find an excuse to start global thermonuclear war, I'm sure China will oblige the Pentagon. There are hawks on both sides, who are more than ready to go at it.

We can't take a word of China's assurance during times of war when firing a ballistic missile which it is in the first place. Its a long range weapon and we don't slowly react to one the moment its launch. All you did was converted to carrying a conventional warhead and we don't know what has what since China tends to be secretive. So if China fires a ballistic missile we can assume that its a nuclear launch weapon so we go nuclear. China gave us the excuse to fire nuclear weapons.

Hence the reason we didn't build one.
Experts warn of an accidental atomic war / Nuclear missile modified for conventional attack on Iran could set off alarm in Russia - SFGate

Russian President Vladimir Putin warned that the project would increase the danger of accidental nuclear war.

"The media and expert circles are already discussing plans to use intercontinental ballistic missiles to carry nonnuclear warheads," he said in May. "The launch of such a missile could ... provoke a full-scale counterattack using strategic nuclear forces."

Accidental nuclear war is not so far-fetched. In 1995, Russia initially interpreted the launch of a Norwegian scientific rocket as the onset of a U.S. nuclear attack. Then-President Boris Yeltsin activated his "nuclear briefcase" in the first stages of preparation to launch a retaliatory strike before the mistake was discovered.

We can't take a word of China's assurance during times of war when firing a ballistic missile which it is in the first place. Its a long range weapon and we don't slowly react to one the moment its launch. All you did was converted to carrying a conventional warhead and we don't know what has what since China tends to be secretive. So if China fires a ballistic missile we can assume that its a nuclear launch weapon so we go nuclear. China gave us the excuse to fire nuclear weapons.

Hence the reason we didn't build one.
Experts warn of an accidental atomic war / Nuclear missile modified for conventional attack on Iran could set off alarm in Russia - SFGate

Russian President Vladimir Putin warned that the project would increase the danger of accidental nuclear war.

"The media and expert circles are already discussing plans to use intercontinental ballistic missiles to carry nonnuclear warheads," he said in May. "The launch of such a missile could ... provoke a full-scale counterattack using strategic nuclear forces."

Accidental nuclear war is not so far-fetched. In 1995, Russia initially interpreted the launch of a Norwegian scientific rocket as the onset of a U.S. nuclear attack. Then-President Boris Yeltsin activated his "nuclear briefcase" in the first stages of preparation to launch a retaliatory strike before the mistake was discovered.

Not this "we go nuclear" argument again!

Go nuclear and then risk everything.

You will wait and see what it is and then respond appropriately.

Chinese won't care about your threats.

They will rely on the fact that you will respond proportionately as they know that you know that they can mess you up totally.

Not this "we go nuclear" argument again!

Go nuclear and then risk everything.

You will wait and see what it is and then respond appropriately.

Chinese won't care about your threats.

They will rely on the fact that you will respond proportionately as they know that you know that they can mess you up totally.

Oh trust me when I said is China really gonna risk a nuclear war to try to hit an aircraft carrier? Thousands of years of rich history and culture gone in minutes. Yes we will respond proportionately when assumed its a nuclear launch. Just like the Russian President did when he thought it was a nuclear launch in Norway even though it was one rocket.

Oh trust me when I said is China really gonna risk a nuclear war to try to hit an aircraft carrier? Thousands of years of rich history and culture gone in minutes. Yes we will respond proportionately when assumed its a nuclear launch. Just like the Russian President did when he thought it was a nuclear launch in Norway even though it was one rocket.

The US government will not risk total nuclear destruction over a conventional attack on an aircraft carrier.

If your carriers interfere in Asian affairs then China will try to sink them. Simple as that.

If it takes DF-21Ds to do it, then they will use them.

Simple way to keep your carriers out of harms way, do not interfere in other countries squabbles/affairs.

The US government will not risk total nuclear destruction over a conventional attack on an aircraft carrier.

If your carriers interfere in Asian affairs then China will try to sink them. Simple as that.

If it takes DF-21Ds to do it, then they will use them.

Simple way to keep your carriers out of harms way, do not interfere in other countries squabbles/affairs.

We won't risk a nuclear war over the destruction of an aircraft carrier. But we will risk nuclear war over the launch of a ballistic missile. Didn't you read my article I posted?

We won't risk a nuclear war over the destruction of an aircraft carrier. But we will risk nuclear war over the launch of a ballistic missile. Didn't you read my article I posted?

And I simply don't think that the US government will want to risk it's own destruction by Chinese launches of ballistic missiles towards carriers in the open ocean.

You think hard when you know you will die very soon if you take a certain course of action.

All very well for Bush to order war when he and his family are totally safe, now what would he do if a Chinese DF-21D was clearly headed for some point in the Western Pacific?

Launch a nuclear strike?

Result - he and his family could all die within 1 hour.

And I simply don't think that the US government will want to risk it's own destruction by Chinese launches of ballistic missiles towards carriers in the open ocean.

You think hard when you know you will die very soon if you take a certain course of action.

All very well for Bush to order war when he and his family are totally safe, now what would he do if a Chinese DF-21D was clearly headed for some point in the Western Pacific?

Launch a nuclear strike?

The moment China launches ballistic missiles is the moment the U.S. will deemed it as MAD. They can't tell if its targeting aircraft carriers or islands or the U.S. mainland. You are still not even listening. When a missile goes into orbit it releases MIRVs which can hit almost anywhere! Don't think of a ballistic missile that goes up and comes back down all intact.

Launch a nuclear strike?

You are saying do not interfere with other countries when Philippians are calling us for help, try to sink the carriers a whole lot of jammers, fighter jets, and submarines can detect your missile if it hit well we will sink your only carrier! Stop underestimating the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom