What's new

China's Anti India initiatives: Tibet railway transports air combat readiness materia

Justin Joseph

Reaction score
China's Anti India initiatives: Tibet railway transports air combat readiness materials

(TibetanReview.net, Aug06, 2010) A train loaded with important combat readiness materials of the Air Force of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) had got to the destination safely via the Qinghai-Tibet Railway, China’s party mouthpiece People’s Daily was cited as reporting Aug 5, citing PLA Daily Aug 3.

"According to a leader of the Military Transportation Department of the Logistics Department of the PLA Air Force, this is the first time for his Military Transportation Department to organize combat readiness materials to be transported to Tibet by railway since the Qinghai-Tibet Railway opened to traffic, symbolizing a new improvement of the military transportation capacity of the PLA Air Force in combat support,” said the report which was blog posted on the website of Sri Lanka Guardian Aug 5.

The report further said: “To ensure transportation safety of important combat readiness materials, the officers and men of the Military Transportation Department of the PLA Air Force immediately examine the safety state of the train each time when the train stops at the stations along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway. They also persist in summing up experience after traveling for some distance, so as to adjust and improve the preplans for the following actions.”

The report made it clear that the move was directed at gaining strategic border advantage over India. "For a long term, Indian troops have taken the form of ‘war of attrition’ in the South Tibet (Arunachal Pradesh) area to counteract the PLA army stationed there, solely relying on their geographic edge and advantages in transportation,” the report was quoted as saying.

"However, with the rapid rise of China’s national strength as well as its transporting capacities of important combat readiness materials, could India still afford the ‘War of Attrition’ with China?" it was reported to ask.

The blog was posted by B Raman, former Additional cabinet Secretary to the Government of India and currently the Director of the Institute for Topical Studies, Chennai, as well as an Associate of the Chennai Centre for China Studies. He has said the Chinese had embarked on a policy of constructing more airports in Tibet capable of being used by civil and military planes and strengthening the freight-carrying capacity of the railway line to Tibet.

He has cited an unconfirmed report as saying China intends to double the Tibet railway line so that one line could be dedicated to freight traffic.

Tibet railway transports air combat readiness materials - Tibetan Review

Careful with what you wish for Indian friends, you just may get it -- did you really want to be cannon fodder for those who have historically sought to divide and exploit Asia? Is that you started out wanting to be??

Keep your focus on a united, integrated Asia, there is as yet undreamt of wealth and lives of dignity to be created in and among Asians -- Whose hangs longer and lower? really, now, is such a contest even worthy of those who aspire to be great nations??

Careful with what you wish for Indian friends, you just may get it -- did you really want to be cannon fodder for those who have historically sought to divide and exploit Asia? Is that you started out wanting to be??

Keep your focus on a united, integrated Asia, there is as yet undreamt of wealth and lives of dignity to be created in and among Asians -- Whose hangs longer and lower? really, now, is such a contest even worthy of those who aspire to be great nations??

Valid points raised.

But when have we Asians not been suspicious of our neighbours ? India is more than content with what it has and covets no more than what lies within its borders.

So long as someone covets what you have one has to prepare.

Why does it have to be ANTI Indian initiatives? Cant this just be used for there own purposes? When indians buy more arms I dont really see ANTI Pak or ANTI sino do I?

You could count yourself as the only one who feels this way.

Isn't Tibetan review anti-Chinese?I doubt the credibility of the article.

China's Anti India initiatives: Tibet railway transports air combat readiness materials
Whats with the title?even the website itself doesn't have it.Seeking a flame war here are you?:devil:

Anyways,I did read the article on Hindu today, Tibetan railway boosting logistical infrastructure, Strange thing was PLAAF jets taking part in a training program using live rounds at Tibet.Well anyway gives us an opportunity to make few hops on our side of the border.:coffee:

Last edited:
Why does it have to be ANTI Indian initiatives? Cant this just be used for there own purposes? When indians buy more arms I dont really see ANTI Pak or ANTI sino do I?

It will became anti India ininiatives once the thread starter change the title completely to satisfy his own anti China agenda.
Anyway this is the original official news from China being post by a Chinese member two days ago, judge for yourself.
PLA Air Force important combat readiness materials transported to Tibet by railway

Isn't Tibetan review anti-Chinese?I doubt the credibility of the article.

Whats with the title?even the website itself doesn't have it.Seeking a flame war here are you?:devil:

Anyways,I did read the article on Hindu today, Tibetan railway boosting logistical infrastructure, Strange thing was PLAAF jets taking part in a training program using live rounds at Tibet.Well anyway gives us an opportunity to make few hops on our side of the border.:coffee:

Justin Joseph himself is anti-China. He does not represent India. And I am sure all Indian users agree with me. LOL

It will became anti India ininiatives once the thread starter change the title completely to satisfy his own anti China agenda.
Anyway this is the original official news from China being post by a Chinese member two days ago, judge for yourself.
PLA Air Force important combat readiness materials transported to Tibet by railway

A nice observation.

In fact, those materials can also be used for anti-terrorists such as anti Eastern Turkistan. Unless some Indians consider themselves as terrorists, they wouldn’t have used anti-terror as “anti-India” slogan to initiate an anti-China campaign.

Perhaps this will stir our government into developing the North-Eastern part of the country- more and better infrastructure, more industries. That part of the country just seems to not be important as the rest,,,,correct me if I'm wrong.

Can I just make the point that the Qinghai–Tibet railway was open for civilians and tourist and if this is a military use of the railway, it will be the first time it has been used this way in the 4 years the railway has been in operation.

Also Bombensturm raises very valid points about the source of the news being from a Tibetan exile group who's interested in destabilizing the region.

Haha typical jealousy thread. India thinks anything that improves China is anti-India, so it will announce some grand project of its own and say how it will surpass China in 5 years.

Haha typical jealousy thread. India thinks anything that improves China is anti-India, so it will announce some grand project of its own and say how it will surpass China in 5 years.

Don't know what's wrong with India. India seems to HATE China more than they hate the British who colonized them. Does India hate China because she lost the 1962 war ? Or India is just jealous because
China is doing so good economically and militarily than India ?

Can India tell China what can China do to help India get the hate off her chest ? Because too much hate is not a good thing for India and Indian Journalist who constantly bash China.

Back
Top Bottom