What's new

China World Trade Center Tower : Beijing tallest skyscraper

Are you serious, living in China, you probably able to get all the goodies there anytime you wish, think about us man, it will be like a distance dream hoping to come true.:cry:

x2 for me. Since the Cantonese were the first ones here in Canada, most if not all the restaurents here are Cantonese style cuisine. God bless them but I just find their food too bland and starchy (also I don't like seafood:frown:).

Brotherhood's got a valid point. You really have no rights to whine considering that you live in Hongkong and probably had dinner at the exact restaurant that Brotherhood posted before coming to the PDF :devil:.

LOL... :cheers:

Hey I'm sure you can find good Chinese restaurants overseas, run by "real Chinese cooks" (not Westerners cooking Chinese food). I visited Canada once and had some You tiao and Zha liang for breakfast... and the cooking was (almost!) as good as back home....

But you're right... I shouldn't whine, considering I live in China, and eat that dish quite often. :)

P.S. For any Cantonese reading, when I say "you tiao", I'm talking about "yau ja gwai".

Last edited:
Guys, please take note, not everyone will be lucky enough to live in big cities, you really need to check out what type of food those so-called Chinese restaurants are serving in small town, especially you "card sharp" consider yourself a lucky one comparing to a country folk like me who is having garbage for dinner every day of the week:cry::hang2:

LOL... :cheers:

Hey I'm sure you can find good Chinese restaurants overseas, run by "real Chinese cooks" (not Westerners cooking Chinese food). I visited Canada once and had some You tiao and Zha liang for breakfast... and the cooking was (almost!) as good as back home....

But you're right... I shouldn't whine, considering I live in China, and eat that dish quite often. :)

P.S. For any Cantonese reading, when I say "you tiao", I'm talking about "yau ja gwai".[/QUOTE]

I can only buy the frozen one from some "Hongkong market" super market and its never the same stuff by any means though.

Guys, please take note, not everyone will be lucky enough to live in big cities, you really need to check out what type of food those so-called Chinese restaurants are serving in small town, especially you "card sharp" consider yourself a lucky one comparing to a country folk like me who is having garbage for dinner every day of the week:cry::hang2:

Oh I feel your pain my friend. The quality of Chinese food you can get is directly proportional to how big the Chinese population is in your city. I'm not from Toronto, I went to highschool in a city of ~100k and not many Chinese people, and yes every Chinese joint in town served spring rolls and phosphorescent red chicken balls.

121484_1_4_ChickenBalls_1173377572.jpg

Here in the states you have to go to major Chinese population centers for "real" Chinese food. In Austin we have a large Chinese population but it is still not large enough for 100% authentic Chinese food. Restaurants here serve a mixture of authentic Chinese food and Americanized Chinese food. We often go to the Houston China Town for 100% authentic Chinese food.

Here in the states you have to go to major Chinese population centers for "real" Chinese food. In Austin we have a large Chinese population but it is still not large enough for 100% authentic Chinese food. Restaurants here serve a mixture of authentic Chinese food and Americanized Chinese food. We often go to the Houston China Town for 100% authentic Chinese food.

I had no idea you lived in Texas? Do you have any idea if there are any authentic Chinese restaurants in the DFW (Metroplex) area?

I would like to try actual Chinese food. All they have here is Panda Express in the malls. (Arizona)

I would like to try actual Chinese food. All they have here is Panda Express in the malls. (Arizona)

I had no idea you lived in Texas? Do you have any idea if there are any authentic Chinese restaurants in the DFW (Metroplex) area?

Crossbow may have some recommendations for you Panther, but my suspicion is that you'd probably have to make it to a major Chinatown to get the authentic experience (maybe not even then, there are plenty of fake Chinese food even in Chinatowns)

I am not too familiar with Dallas since I've only been there once since 2004. I think there should be authentic Chinese restaurants there since there are many Chinese living in Dallas (not to the same extent as Houston). You can try googling up different restaurants on Google Maps and read the reader comments.

Oh I feel your pain my friend. The quality of Chinese food you can get is directly proportional to how big the Chinese population is in your city. I'm not from Toronto, I went to highschool in a city of ~100k and not many Chinese people, and yes every Chinese joint in town served spring rolls and phosphorescent red chicken balls.

121484_1_4_ChickenBalls_1173377572.jpg

Spring rolls and chicken balls are almost like chinese fast food

But take a look at this one, do they looks like Chinese food to you? thats the type of beauties the Chinese restaurant serving in my town:hang2:
chowmeinsandwich.jpg
:whistle:

But take a look at this one, do they looks like Chinese food to you? thats the type of beauties the Chinese restaurant serving in my town:hang2:
chowmeinsandwich.jpg
:whistle:

Your such a wicked,cruel person:devil:

to torture us like this :tongue:

I wouldn't care if my hands got messy while gorging that

Back
Top Bottom