What's new

China World Trade Center Tower : Beijing tallest skyscraper

WOOOOW! judging by those pics China has alot of natural beauty and now it's building some man made beauties, just look at these handome devils....

pic12.jpg

pic08.jpg

pic06.jpg

I'm not sure about the CN tower height thing but I really hope you had a chance to eat somewhere else other the CN tower (pricey and meh food) If you made it to Chinatown, there's a chance you went by my house (it south of the University and east of China town)

I only eat at CN tower because of a social function (and i don't have to pay for it :D). Didn't find china town but eat at this place called Sunrise grill for breakfast. First time I ate I made the mistake of ordering pancake for about 6 canadian dollars. They gave me something like this (not actual pic):

pancakess.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

It was literally the size of a large plate and there were five of them! No way I was able to finish it. Food here was quite generous (like US, I suppose) For $20 you get good roasted pork rack and half a chicken for dinner. I heard maple syrup is big here but they're a bit sweet.

Most expensive place I ate was at victoria peak in HK. Half a duck and fried rice with soup for 500 HK dollars. View was worth it though. Lines very long and went there at night because I and my friend was told that the views are more stunning, and they are. Have to say it was very difficult to take good night pictures if you don't have anything to fix the camera and keep it still.

The pictures I posted were of the "poor" part.

Now, we can look at "booming" and "superpower" USA:

Detroit, 1950

hudsonbldg.gif

Detroit, 2010

images

images

That is just low man. There is a reason that they are filming the New Red Dawn in Detroit...

Most expensive place I ate was at victoria peak in HK. Half a duck and fried rice with soup for 500 HK dollars. View was worth it though. Lines very long and went there at night because I and my friend was told that the views are more stunning, and they are. Have to say it was very difficult to take good night pictures if you don't have anything to fix the camera and keep it still.

Don't buy things from the common "tourist spots" in Hong Kong, they will rip you off big-time. I'm glad you liked the view though. :cheers:

Just go to any major centre of commerce and there will be all sorts of food available for low prices, and they will taste better than a 500 HK dollar Peking duck. :azn:

Don't buy things from the common "tourist spots" in Hong Kong, they will rip you off big-time. I'm glad you liked the view though. :cheers:

Just go to any major centre of commerce and there will be all sorts of food available for low prices, and they will taste better than a 500 HK dollar Peking duck. :azn:

Just seems wrong Peking duck in Hongkong :undecided:

Just seems wrong Peking duck in Hongkong :undecided:

I thought "Guang Shi Kao Ya" were different from Peking ducks. Are the ones that Chinese Dragon was referring to Peking or Cantonese style roast ducks?

I thought "Guang Shi Kao Ya" were different from Peking ducks. Are the ones that Chinese Dragon was referring to Peking or Cantonese style roast ducks?

We do make a lot of Peking duck in Hong Kong, because a lot of foreigners have heard of it and like to order it. And personally, I love to eat Peking duck. :)

What I was saying to no_name is that you should try to avoid buying food at "tourist spots" in Hong Kong, when you can get a cheaper and equally good version elsewhere.

Actually Hongkong is well known as a "shopping paradise" in the world, food is pretty famous too, especially sea food, peking duck will be one of it. :yahoo:

PekingDuck-496-small.jpg

Peking%20Duck-Shatin18-620.jpg

1105_duck2_b.JPG

peking_duck_6.jpg

Please post a warning before delicious food like that! I am gonna have a hard time downing that burger tomorrow evening.

Please post a warning before delicious food like that! I am gonna have a hard time downing that burger tomorrow evening.

HaHa, will do, will do next time if thats causing you trouble, but hopefully there won't be further damage done regarding the nightclub sign below the peking duck restaurant?:hang2:

Back
Top Bottom