Bangladesh
China wants to boost Bangladesh economy -
bdnews24.com

China wants to boost Bangladesh economy
Sumon Mahbub, from Kunming, bdnews24.com

Published: 06 Jun 2014 19:06 BdST Updated: 06 Jun 2014 21:06 BdST

• Chinese-Vice-Premier-Wang-Y.jpg

Credit: Xinhua
Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang has told Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina his country wants to be a partner in Bangladesh’s economic development.

Yang met Hasina after the inauguration of the second China-South Asia Expo in Kunming, the capital of Yunnan province, on Friday.

Foreign Secretary Shahidul Haque told reporters after the meeting that the Chinese vice premier lauded Bangladesh’s positive approach towards China.

“He praised our positive role in improving regional communications,” he said.

China is extracting gas from some wells in Myanmar for Yunnan. The prime minister expressed interest to purchase gas or Bangladesh from there.

“The prime minister told the Chinese vice premier Bangladesh wanted to purchase gas for the economic zone that will be built for China in Chittagong,” the secretary said.

“Wang Yang has told the prime minister he will convey her proposal to the central government,” he said.

The vice premier also spoke about transferring some Chinese industries to Bangladesh.

Hasina told Yang Bangladesh believed in the one-China policy.

She praised China’s development and said its neighbours would be greatly benefitted by it.

Hasina expressed her hope that the friendship between the two nations would become stronger in the future.

The prime minister said she expected the Chinese vice premier’s support in expanding the market for Bangladeshi products in China in order to reduce the trade gap.

Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed and Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, among others, were present at the meeting.

A 70-member business delegation is also travelling with the prime minister.

Hasina will meet the Chinese prime minister on the fourth day of the tour.

Good news. :cheers:

As China moves up the value chain, countries like Bangladesh stand to gain the most, in following our previous manufacturing path.

This will provide Bangladesh with the huge surpluses needed for a boom in domestic investment driven growth.

As China moves up the value chain, countries like Bangladesh stand to gain the most, in following our previous manufacturing path.

This will provide Bangladesh with the huge surpluses needed for a boom in domestic investment driven growth.

For BD with a population of 150 million crammed into roughly 50 000 square
miles, only manufacturing can provide the employment and money to develop its economy.

China has a ready made friendly country to export capital, industry and technology to.

I can forsee a mutually beneficial relationship between our two countries this century.

For BD with a population of 150 million crammed into roughly 50 000 square
miles, only manufacturing can provide the employment and money to develop its economy.

China has a ready made friendly country to export capital, industry and technology to.

I can forsee a mutually beneficial relationship between our two countries this century.

I think more important is to get a better access to and market share of BD products in China.

I think more important is to get a better access to and market share of BD products in China.

China has given BD almost unlimited duty free access to Chinese market since 2010.

Chinese have many industries that are becoming uncompetitive like garments, shoes and toys. BD is the perfect destination for China to move its factories.

We can see that Hasina has Chinese agreement to fund the Sonadia deep sea port and she is also in China now to try to get funding for a massive 1GW+ coal fired power station - this should be seen as preliminary work to be done before Chinese manufacturers move in mass to BD.

It seems BD just cannot enter the Chinese market with its products which may not be catered for that market. Yes, BD needs Chinese industries to set up workshops in BD, manufacture products to the needs of their home country and export to China.

This is what really happened between Japan and China about 20 years ago. In fact, it was the beginning of Chinese economic progress, Japan invested in fatories, machines bought from Japan. They manufactured products which has a great demand in Japan.

I think, the same may happen to BD, role of Japan being taken over by China. However, one question remains, whether BD people, labors and industrialsts are ready to accept new values in the factory floors whereby efficiency, discipline and schedule are given the highest priorities, all of which together churns out high quality goods at the very minimum cost in a very short time.

China has given BD almost unlimited duty free access to Chinese market since 2010.

Chinese have many industries that are becoming uncompetitive like garments, shoes and toys. BD is the perfect destination for China to move its factories.

We can see that Hasina has Chinese agreement to fund the Sonadia deep sea port and she is also in China now to try to get funding for a massive 1GW+ coal fired power station - this should be seen as preliminary work to be done before Chinese manufacturers move in mass to BD.

China has more cash surplus than they know what to do with and where to invest. Money sitting as US treasury bond or as gold bar give little return, it is better to invest it in productive ventures and get higher return.

Just like China is planning to invest in Indian trillion dollar infrastructure projects, Bangladesh govt. must work hard to create at least a $200 billion dollar plan for many different projects. Please think about creating a thread on this and then we can invite our PDF Chinese brothers to that thread to get their comments. If India can attract Chinese investment, why can't we? Being a much more pro-China and allied nation than India? I think Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar and Indonesia need to do the same.

@Chinese-Dragon @Pakistanisage @Azizam @Nepali-Gorkhas @Bandula @Indos

Only after we have great infrastructure, roads, railway, deep sea ports, industrial zones etc., then it will become much easier to invite Chinese, Koreans, Japanese and Taiwanese investors/businessmen to come in and set up shops in these countries in a much greater scale. I know some of us already have done it much better than others such as Indonesia, but I am talking about taking to a completely different level.

Lets see if all of us together can beat India to get more investment from China, be more efficient in utilization of these funds and thus make more money for China.

It seems BD just cannot enter the Chinese market with its products which may not be catered for that market. Yes, BD needs Chinese industries to set up workshops in BD, manufacture products to the needs of their home country and export to China.

This is what really happened between Japan and China about 20 years ago. In fact, it was the beginning of Chinese economic progress, Japan invested in fatories, machines bought from Japan. They manufactured products which has a great demand in Japan.

I think, the same may happen to BD, role of Japan being taken over by China. However, one question remains, whether BD people, labors and industrialsts are ready to accept new values in the factory floors whereby efficiency, discipline and schedule are given the highest priorities, all of which together churns out high quality goods at the very minimum cost in a very short time.

I think BD is ready to churn out high-quality products for the Chinese market.

It has not become so successful in garments by not keeping up with quality and schedule.

In the garments industry, China is far ahead with technology and Chinese technology will greatly help BD productivity levels in this sector.

Bangladesh will be making iPhone 10s in 5 years lol

Why not my Indian friend?:dance3:

As BD builds up its infrastructure, with help from our Chinese and Japanese friends, Chinese manufacturers may decide to move their factories to BD in 5 years time to assemble phones.

Last edited:
I think BD is ready to churn out high-quality products for the Chinese market.

It has not become so successful in garments by not keeping up with quality and schedule.

In the garments industry, China is far ahead with technology and Chinese technology will greatly help BD productivity levels in this sector.

Why not my Indian friend?:dance3:

As BD builds up its infrastructure, with help from our Chinese and Japanese friends, Chinese manufacturers may decide to move their factories to BD in 5 years time to assemble phones.

I know that's why I said it...
I'm not Indian :s I'm from bangladesh

China should make it moves when democratic government in place. Right now Bd has illegal government led by Hasina(She is an Indian pimp). If China build close relation with Awami league then Bd people may become anti-china the way we are anti-India. This will not be good for China since Bd people hold high respect for China as country due to fact that china doesn't interfere with Bd's political matter.

China should make it moves when democratic government in place. Right now Bd has illegal government led by Hasina(She is an Indian pimp). If China build close relation with Awami league then Bd people may become anti-china the way we are anti-India. This will not be good for China since Bd people hold high respect for China as country due to fact that china doesn't interfere with Bd's political matter.

We don't interfere in BD's political matters, you're right.

But when cooperating with BD, we have no choice but to go through the BD government. What else can we do?

If the Awami league are traitors, it is up to the people of BD to throw them out, and we will be very happy to deal with a more representative BD government in the future.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom