What's new

China versus India - a thorough analysis

show me a proportionate number of your tourists now then we shall talk

China has a colder climate and less less spicy food to attract more tourists.

if time dragged on China should win the war regardless. Dont BS here!

What a thankless gesture, you hate the same western countries who saved you from a genocide and gave you modern China. China would still be a Japanese colony if western country hadn't come for your help.

China has a colder climate and less less spicy food to attract more tourists.

Colder temperature provides ideal environment for our Winter Olympic athletes, the annual Ice Festival in Harbin and a dip in icey water for health and fun to many of our folks like this:

726bd8d36e130191.jpg

726bd8d36e130192.jpg

F201212261526197026298081.jpg

DSC_0320-1.JPG

Team China in Winter Olympics, Vancouver

Hot and spicy Sichuan dishes

48749de8jw1dsctez8eeij.jpg

2009031808510643.jpg

1370584685757jszy5wrf328zfus3yv0.jpg

Img214835058.png

1291103757509.jpg

1291103757582.jpg

]What a thankless gesture, you hate the same western countries who saved you from a genocide and gave you modern China. China would still be a Japanese colony if western country hadn't come for your help.

Wishful thinking even though the genocide was there and why dont you condemn the warlords!?

India has some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes as well as cultural sites in the world. Its tropical climate and lush greenery should attract far more tourists than India is presently getting, but the lack of tourism infrastructure is holding back this potential.

The matter of public safety for women also doesn't help, to say the least. The steady stream of sexual attack related news is doing serious damage to India's reputation as a tourist destination, which is a real shame.

India sexual harassment: American student shares horrific experiences - CNN.com

Indian journalist, 22, gang raped in Mumbai in case that has echoes of December New Delhi rape - The Washington Post

Tourists to India hiring bodyguards for protection - The Guardian

Colder temperature provides ideal environment for our Winter Olympic athletes, the annual Ice Festival in Harbin and a dip in icey water for health and fun to many of our folks like this:

726bd8d36e130191.jpg

Wishful thinking even though the genocide was there and why dont you condemn the warlords!?

Let's see if these pics work

x_050203.gif

Credit: zzfh.com

10916487_671842.jpg

Credit: gog.com.cn

10916488_986270.jpg

Credit: gog.com.cn

3741408872709833438.jpg

Credit: Chinesecity.com

U7348P1274DT20120114224332.jpg

Credit: heilongjiang.sinaimg.cn

India has some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes as well as cultural sites in the world. Its tropical climate and lush greenery should attract far more tourists than India is presently getting, but the lack of tourism infrastructure is holding back this potential.

The matter of public safety for women also doesn't help, to say the least. The steady stream of sexual attack related news is doing serious damage to India's reputation as a tourist destination, which is a real shame.

India sexual harassment: American student shares horrific experiences - CNN.com

Indian journalist, 22, gang raped in Mumbai in case that has echoes of December New Delhi rape - The Washington Post

Tourists to India hiring bodyguards for protection - The Guardian

There are still some other issues with india than the things that you quoted above such as:

civil unrest - bombs and the freedom fighters in the rebellious areas
general disregard to personal hygiene
the largest numbers of beggars
drug, narcotics and other substance abuse such as this:

Howrah-bridge-Kolkata-006.jpg

The Howrah bridge is being eroded by the acids in paan, the mixture of betel leaf, areca nut and slaked lime chewed by millions of Indians. Photograph: Alvaro Ybarra Zavala/Getty Images

theguardian.com

collapsing infrastructures (before they can be thoroughly replaced) ...

there are some good readings about india which may make you think thrice before going there:

A Dust Over India

Reflections On India - Sean Paul Kelley - Open Salon

Public safety in India seems to be deteriorating badly. I can't believe they did this to a police officer.

I think it's time to close this thread.

Woman cop gang-raped in Jharkhand - Times of India

Woman cop gang-raped in Jharkhand

RANCHI: A woman police constable was gangraped by five dacoits in Latehar district of Jharkhand.

The gang rape took place in Udaipura which is 12 km from the Latehar police station on Wednesday night. A case was registered on Thursday.

The 30-year-old survivor with her family members was taking the dead body of a relative for cremation from Ranchi to Garhwa. They were accosted by a gang of dacoits on the Latehar Garhwa National Highway 75.

Police sources said that the woman tried to resist the dacoits when they asked her to get out of the vehicle. "They took the woman aside and took turns to rape her," sub-divisonal police officer (Latehar) Alok Kumar said.

The family members could not do anything as the dacoits were armed. Two of the survivor's sisters were also present in the vehicle.

The dacoits robbed them as well. "Altogether 11 vehicles were looted by the dacoits at gunpoint that night," he added.

DGP Rajiv Kumar on Saturday asked the district police to immediately trace and nab the culprits. "It is a shameful incident. No one involved in the incident would be spared," the DGP said.

A committee has been formed to investigate the case. "We have detained five youths in this connection. They all have criminal history," said Latehar SP Michael S Raj.

India Investigates Two Gang-Rape Cases

Indian police Saturday were investigating two highly publicized gang-rape cases—one in the commercial city Mumbai, the other in the eastern state of Jharkhand—highlighting the country's struggles with sexual violence.

In Jharkhand, police said they had detained five suspects in connection with the rape of a policewoman by a group of men who had set up a roadblock on a highway. The attack occurred Thursday, but wasn't reported to police until Friday, they said.

Associated Press
Photojournalists protest Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, in Gauhati, India, over the gang rape of a photojournalist in Mumbai this week.

Two men were in custody and three others were being sought by police Saturday in the Mumbai case, in which a 22-year-old magazine intern taking photographs of dilapidated buildings was assaulted in an abandoned textile mill in the city.

The attacks come as the trial of five people accused in the December gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old student on a Delhi bus entered its final phase. That crime sparked nationwide demonstrations and prompted the government to introduce harsher penalties for crimes against women.

Protesters took to the streets of Mumbai on Friday to decry the gang-rape of a woman in a city that has a reputation as a relatively safe place for women. In 2012, the incidence of rape in the Western Indian metropolis was about half the national rate, according to the National Crime Records Bureau.

"I've always felt much safer in Mumbai compared to other Indian cities," said Sanika Prabhu, a television producer from Mumbai. "After this incident, I feel like I don't recognize this city anymore."

Mumbai police said the magazine intern was with a 21-year-old male companion when she was attacked. The assailants tied his hands with his belt and raped the woman from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., an official at N.M. Joshi police station said. Medical tests confirmed the rape, he said.

Under Indian law, rape victims cannot be named in media accounts.

There were 24,915 reported rapes in India in 2012, according to the National Crime Records Bureau, including 233 in Mumbai. The victims in almost half the Mumbai cases were between 14 and 18 years old.

Activists say the number of rapes is much higher, as many go unreported. India also has a poor record on convictions, with only around a quarter of alleged rapists convicted in 2010.

In Jharkhand, police said the rape of the police constable occurred at around 1:30 a.m. on Thursday, as she and her relatives were transporting the corpse of her brother-in-law for cremation.

"They were accosted by 5 or 6 young men who had set up a roadblock," said S.N. Pradhan, a police official in Jharkhand. According to the criminal complaint, the men stole 40,000 rupees ($632) and then ordered the woman out of the vehicle. "Then they took her to the bush and raped her one by one while others stood watch," he said.

The rape was not reported until Friday, when police—investigating reports of highway robbery—discovered a photo of a policewoman near where the thefts occurred. "The superintendent of police asked her why her photo was there and only then did she report the rape," Mr. Pradhan said.

—Shreya Shah in New Delhi and Kenan Machado contributed to this article.
Write to Khushita Vasant at khushita.vasant@dowjones.com

Public safety in India seems to be deteriorating badly. I can't believe they did this to a police officer.

Public safety!

Listen dude, India is not what here some members try to portray. Many of them are paid by concerned intel agencies to post here.

It is a free society and here every powerful kills the less powerful to survive. Its nothing less than the theory of survival of the fittest.

If you are weak, you won't survive here. You will become a prey of a predator.

But I love it, its fun, its adventurous once you get used to it! I know, may be in the next few hours, I might get shot and die but thats what I have to live with. When you are always under constant threats, at certain point you won't even feel threats anymore. You will know that you will have nothing to lose apart from your life. And there you actually conquer death since it is no longer a fear factor. We all were born because we all have to die someday.

Public safety!

It is a free society and here every powerful kills the less powerful to survive. Its nothing less than the theory of survival of the fittest.

If you are weak, you won't survive here. You will become a prey of a predator.

But I love it, its fun, its adventurous once you get used to it! I know, may be in the next few hours, I might get shot and die but thats what I have to live with. When you are always under constant threats, at certain point you won't even feel threats anymore. You will know that you will have nothing to lose apart from your life. And there you actually conquer death since it is no longer a fear factor. We all were born because we all have to die someday.

Indeed, India has ascended to a higher order of freedom.

Indeed, India has ascended to a higher order of freedom.

Everything comes at a price. Real India is northern India and if you have not visited the villages and townships of Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar etc, you must, know you have not visited India at all.

This short film gives one example of real India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything comes at a price. Real India is northern India and if you have not visited the villages and townships of Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar etc, you must, know you have not visited India at all.

This short film gives one example of real India.

What you speak of is not freedom, it's anarchy. The Law of the Jungle comes to mind, which is ironically appropriate, considering the term was coined by Rudyard Kipling in his novel the Jungle Book to describe the code of behavior adopted by wild beasts of the Indian jungles.

I suspect that Thomas Hobbes's Leviathan would be of immense help to today's India.

@by78,

Can you tell me what these typical buildings are?

http://www.blueskygallery.org/gallery/mary-ellen-mark-201103/300d-002-023.jpg

http://www.faheykleingallery.com/as.../exhibition/falkland_road/mark_ex_falk_05.jpg

These are cages. You may have seen cages for animals in a zoo but go to Meergunj in Allahabad, Tilawala in Jaipur, Falk Land road/ GB road in Delhi, Sonagachi in Kolkata, Kamathipura in Mumbai, Chaturbhuj Stan in Muzaffarpur, you will see human cages and how humans are bought and sold like cattle. These are just some examples. There are lots and lots of such places where millions of humans are bought and sold like cattle, every day, every hour.

Bhaiya, there may be some chutiyas who will deny this reality but this is what real Indians are living with. Go to Rajasthan and visit the Bharatpur village and see how prostitution can be a hereditary profession of an entire village.

When I saw Wang Yaping giving science lectures from space, I wondered for a moment what would have she become if she had been born in India. And I am sure, if she had really been in India, she would have perhaps ended up being no less than this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2aak4et.jpg

Wang Yaping is lucky that she was born in a civilized society.

What you speak of is not freedom, it's anarchy. The Law of the Jungle comes to mind, which is ironically appropriate, considering the term was coined by Rudyard Kipling in his novel the Jungle Book to describe the code of behavior adopted by wild beasts of the Indian jungles.

I suspect that Thomas Hobbes's Leviathan would be of immense help to today's India.

I would say it is more like Dante's Inferno.

Are humme bhi thora bahut kitabe padna ata hain, I have also read some books.

A real Indian who is not out of sync with reality should care about that. I don't expect chutiyas to care about that.

I would say it is more like Dante's Inferno.

Are humme bhi thora bahut kitabe padna ata hain, I have also read some books.

A real Indian who is not out of sync with reality should care about that. I don't expect chutiyas to care about that.

Perhaps, but not every Indian has sold his or her soul to the devil in the manner of Dante. There are many who still retain their conscience. If that were not the case, the latest gang rape in Mumbai would not have stirred such nation-wide outrage.

There is hope yet.

@by78,

Can you tell me what these typical buildings are?

http://www.blueskygallery.org/gallery/mary-ellen-mark-201103/300d-002-023.jpg

http://www.faheykleingallery.com/as.../exhibition/falkland_road/mark_ex_falk_05.jpg

These are cages. You may have seen cages for animals in a zoo but go to Meergunj in Allahabad, Tilawala in Jaipur, Falk Land road/ GB road in Delhi, Sonagachi in Kolkata, Kamathipura in Mumbai, Chaturbhuj Stan in Muzaffarpur, you will see human cages and how humans are bought and sold like cattle. These are just some examples. There are lots and lots of such places where millions of humans are bought and sold like cattle, every day, every hour.

Bhaiya, there may be some chutiyas who will deny this reality but this is what real Indians are living with. Go to Rajasthan and visit the Bharatpur village and see how prostitution can be a hereditary profession of an entire village.

When I saw Wang Yaping giving science lectures from space, I wondered for a moment what would have she become if she had been born in India. And I am sure, if she had really been in India, she would have perhaps ended up being no less than this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2aak4et.jpg

Wang Yaping is lucky that she was born in a civilized society.

I have seen these photos before. Yes, such bondage is indefensible. These poor souls will not be freed until such a time that a new social contract is drawn up and viable economic opportunities avail themselves.

It will take time, and God forbid, much upheaval.

Perhaps, but not every Indian has sold his or her soul to the devil in the manner of Dante. There are many who still retain their conscience. If that were not the case, the latest gang rape in Mumbai would not have stirred such nation-wide outrage.

There is hope yet.

Unfortunately, they have been hijacked by the majority.

One example can be of how the Maharashtra govt had earlier made a right decision by banning dance bars which contribute greatly to human trafficking and crimes. But might is right as I said.

So the result is: Supreme Court clears way for running of dance bars in Maharashtra - Times Of India

Now what can you do? They manufactured an excuse saying banning dance bars leads to unemployment. It is like, don't stop crimes otherwise criminals would be left without employment!

We know how and why this happened, who are behind this. But you can't say anything against it, or else, you will be in trouble.

Might is right!

No hope! I don't delude myself!

Unfortunately, they have been hijacked by the majority.

One example can be of how the Maharashtra govt had earlier made a right decision by banning dance bars which contribute greatly to human trafficking and crimes. But might is right as I said.

So the result is: Supreme Court clears way for running of dance bars in Maharashtra - Times Of India

Now what can you do? They manufactured an excuse saying banning dance bars leads to unemployment. It is like, don't stop crimes otherwise criminals would be left without employment!

We know how and why this happened, who are behind this. But you can't say anything against it, or else, you will be in trouble.

Might is right!

No hope! I don't delude myself!

Perhaps India needs a revolution. Not just a political revolution, but a social revolution as well, preferably imposed from topdown to hasten change.

Back
Top Bottom