What's new

China Unicom replaces Cisco devices over security concerns

About time, Heawei can replace these thieving companies...
That is funny. :lol: In order to do business in China, a foreign company must...ahhh...'partner' with a Chinese company and given the corrupt practices and relationships between the Party and businesses...

That is funny. :lol: In order to do business in China, a foreign company must...ahhh...'partner' with a Chinese company and given the corrupt practices and relationships between the Party and businesses...

Huawei does a lot of business with Vietnam, too. Cisco China is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco.

Now a days buying any Aemrican company is a threat to the very existence of the US。

Since when has the US become so vulnerable?

That's funny。Or pure pathetic?

The Americans want to scare the western world about the danger of being spied by these 2 Chinese companies yet they don't have solid proof to confirm their accusation. Recently they are suspicious of the Chinese build windmills and now it's ZTE/Huawei's turn. US better stop using any electronics that's made in China because they can contain backdoors.

Americans are scared because they used CISCO and other US companies to spy on other countries, so they know china might do it to them

China should have some guts to do tic and tac with U.S.

Well, U.S. bans Huawei and ZTE. Why does not China ban U.S. similar companies as well?

Let's see how long U.S. wants to play this game.

China is big, strong enough to sustain such play making with U.S.

Let's see who will be the first to cave in.

October 26, 11:59 am | By Eric Min

China Unicom has replaced devices of Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ.CSCO) in one of the country’s most important backbone networks, citing security reasons, the 21st Century Business Herald reported.

The replacement project targets “China169” backbone network’s Cisco router in Wuxi, Jiangsu. Analysts indicated that the product vulnerability and back door problems are the main worries of China Unicom.

The move came after a congressional report branded Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. (002502.SZ) and ZTE Corp. (0763.HK, 000063.SZ) security threats in the United States. China domestic operators began to intensify network security since then, the report said.

As the world’s largest maker of networking equipment, Cisco takes high market share in China. It accounts over 70 percent share of China telecom’s 163 backbone network and over 80 percent share of China Unicom’s 169 backbone network.

163 and 169 backbone networks are the most important backbone networks of China, delivering over 80 percent data of the country’s Internet.

Cisco has ended a longstanding sales partnership with ZTE Corp. early this month.

China Unicom replaces Cisco devices over security concerns - Companies & Industries - Morning Whistle - Latest chinese economic, financial, business, political and society news

At least, Chinese government has guts to allow U.S. company to operate and do business in China. What a sissy U.S. is now??? Huawei and ZTE have a great deal of business in Europe including a great deal of NATO countries. They are not this afraid while U.S. is now???

people like you need to have a major revamp to your antiquated mindset! wholly own foreign enterprises are allowed to operate in China for a long long time!

by the way, oldman, are you still writing checks to settle your bills? how is your credit record?

people like you need to have a major revamp to your antiquated mindset! wholly own foreign enterprises are allowed to operate in China for a long long time!

by the way, oldman, are you still writing checks to settle your bills? how is your credit record?

Actually bumbit has been brainwashed by the American media into believing china is an enemy.
Don't be so tough on bumbit, he is just a very naive and gullible brainwashed old man.
All those years during the Cold War and the amount of propaganda injected into their minds from their media, it's tough to have an independent opinion if your from America, they believe what their 2 parties and media tell them to believe.

Remember America is the inventor of propaganda!
They are experts at it!

Cisco is legally bound to supply all information to US Gov (don't know to which agency) and without it it can't even sell high end security devices to any one, that's atleast I know and I am sure there are backdoors. I don't even use their made encryption algos, antivirus and other security tools as I am sure that NSA has already have deciphers for all these algos.

So catch is never trust Israeli and American security companies they are all back stabber, you can trust Russians for now if people remember in cases of stuxnet, flame and similar viruses only russian companies were able to detect them, while all Americans and Israeli internationally ignore them.

Cisco is legally bound to supply all information to US Gov (don't know to which agency) and without it it can't even sell high end security devices to any one, that's atleast I know and I am sure there are backdoors. I don't even use their made encryption algos, antivirus and other security tools as I am sure that NSA has already have deciphers for all these algos.

So catch is never trust Israeli and American security companies they are all back stabber, you can trust Russians for now if people remember in cases of stuxnet, flame and similar viruses only russian companies were able to detect them, while all Americans and Israeli internationally ignore them.

Never trust a yank.
They lie, cheat and steal!

Never trust a yank.
They lie, cheat and steal!

Funny you should say that when China is regarded the world’s number when it comes to cyber espionage, warfare and hacking to steal intellectual property.

Downright hypocrisy at its best by Chinese members.

Inside the Chinese Boom in Corporate Espionage - Businessweek

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/opinion/how-china-steals-our-secrets.html

Intellectual property in China: Still murky | The Economist

US Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner blasts China for 'systematically stealing' US intellectual property - Telegraph

i could post more but the evidence is overwhelming, classical fail :hitwall:

Cisco deliberately engineers backdoors in their products which an be accessed by NSA through specialized tools if needed. Anyone who has done a few advanced courses on hacking will know this.

Offcourse there are ways to harden the router at compromise of performance but there is no sure way of knowing as IOS is a closed source OS.

I was Arcitect in Cisco India, I never put any such bug.. From where you guys get these kind of bulshit????

I was tech lead at one chinese company, I don't say chinies company put bug in product, But as they spend no money Quality assuarance, There softwares are buggy...

Funny you should say that when China is regarded the world’s number when it comes to cyber espionage, warfare and hacking to steal intellectual property.

US Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner blasts China for 'systematically stealing' US intellectual property - Telegraph

all the quotations are usa/uk coalition of westernised hegemonial propaganda! why a country as strong in it and everything as usa+allies combined cannot do a thing against "China espionage" for so long?

and do you know where the world wide web is located?

:lol: oh so you want me to believe the articles from some well known china bashing newspapers?

Dream on Hindu boy!

Back
Top Bottom