What's new

China to supply FC-1/JF-17 fighters to Azerbaijan

JF17 Thunder is the name to given to FC1 that will be sold to Pakistan. I believe the first are costing $650m for which china has granted soft loans.

Pakistan will assemble/ manufacture these from kits supplied by China.

These kits include Russian engine chinease radar & chinease weapons like PL9 & SD10 MISSLES.

WITH REGARDS to export my understanding is that with FC1 being a chinease war plane they can export this to whom ever.

I do not believe there is any 50/50 partnership.

UNLESS somebody can prove/ provide the link..

JF17 Thunder is the name to given to FC1 that will be sold to Pakistan. I believe the first are costing $650m for which china has granted soft loans.

These kits include Russian engine chinease radar & chinease weapons like PL9 & SD10 MISSLES.

WITH REGARDS to export my understanding is that with FC1 being a chinease war plane they can export this to whom ever.

Money wise it was a 50-50 deal, 50% provided by PAF, rest by the manufacturer, and it may mean some part of the profits will go towards PAF also as they contributed money to the research.

may even get some orders of components to be manufactured at PAC.

and both China and PAF have the marketing rights, PAF can sell it too whomever they want, but sharing in profits will be there.

Well JF 17 was pakistan's plan...right..?then why not these ppl buy from us...?

Its a joint fighter Pakistan and China.
Second Pakistan already offered Marketing responsibilities to CATIC .

Thankyou for ur opinion, but its just ur opinion........

Its a joint poduct, in which both countries contributed finance (both have equally invested on project, some 500m each) and co-production and techno sharing (Pak injected their experiences of Mirage and F-16).

Soft loan are for AC not for project, and soft loan means that the pay will be delivered in installments for 350 AC for next 7 years.

Pakistan already paid of some parts engine and radar of first 50 JETS in first installment. The other parts and weapons are manufactured in Pakisan. Pakistan also manufacturing mre then 60% of airframe locally. some 5000 employees are their working on project

Pakistan made first AC already rolled out.
Reference for you

Pakistan Made JF-17 Thunder Takes First Flight

Pakistan achieves another milestone as it becomes in the list of making fighter aircraft. With Chinese cooperation, PAF has started producing JF-17 Thunder in Pakistan. It surely is a pride for nation.

Addressing a ceremony at Kamrah Prime Minister said, “Self reliance in defence is vital for progress”. He with Army Chief and air chief was attending the proud moments of handing over thunder aircraft to Pakistan air force. Pakistan will produce 16 more thunder aircrafts in coming air and more in the following year to complete its squadron of 40 jf-17 thunder aircrafts

For your information, more then 60% airframs is manufactured in Pakistan. in coming years more parts will be produced locally and that will amake PAC capable to develop JF-17 with its own configuration.

First 50 are for grount attack.

Following are few missels developed for this role. Few missels have been bought from China and later Pakistan will be developing these kinds of weapons locally.

Missels like H2, H-4 electro-optically guided, RAAD ALCM being developed in Pakistan for JF-17

RAAD ALCM
H-2.
H-4

I hope, next time u will not say that Pakistan is not producing it or going to produce 100% AC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Its a joint poduct, in which both countries contributed finance (both have equally invested on project, some 500m each) and co-production and techno sharing (Pak injected their experiences of Mirage and F-16).

Soft loan are for AC not for project, and soft loan means that the pay will be delivered in installments for 350 AC for next 7 years.

Pakistan already paid of some parts engine and radar of first 50 JETS in first installment. The other parts and weapons are manufactured in Pakisan. Pakistan also manufacturing mre then 60% of airframe locally. some 5000 employees are their working on project

Reference for you

Pakistan Made JF-17 Thunder Takes First Flight

For your information, more then 60% airframs is manufactured in Pakistan. in coming years more parts will be produced locally and that will amake PAC capable to develop JF-17 with its own configuration.

Following are few missels developed for this role. Few missels have been bought from China and later Pakistan will be developing these kinds of weapons locally.

Missels like H2, H-4 electro-optically guided, RAAD ALCM being developed in Pakistan for JF-17

RAAD ALCM
H-2.
H-4

I hope, next time u will not say that Pakistan is not producing it or going to produce 100% AC.

[url="
Ceremony of First Indigenously Manufactured JF-17 Thunder in Pakistan (23 Nov 2009)[/url]

well said nobody is perfect pakistan will take time to bieng an expeertise in AC manufacturing.:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, firstly, I don't think many people here really give two sh*ts about what you "believe". You can believe whatever the heck you want, won't bother us one bit.

Now, what is so difficult to understand about a 50-50 venture? Pakistan will not get 50% of the revenue, it will receive 50% of the profit. That is, since it footed 50% of the bill of the program, it will pocket 50% of the profit. This includes foreign sales, as it was a joint program. Without Pakistan, JF-17 program would not have exited. I believe that if you were desperate enough, you could find sources for this yourself. But of course, I understand that sometimes it can be more fun to live in ignorance.

The program was cancelled in 1990, primarily due to worsening relations with the US following the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989. However, CAC kept the program alive by providing low-level funding from its own resources. After US sanctions were imposed on Pakistan in 1990, Pakistan also became interested in the project. In June 1999, Pakistan and China made an agreement to restart the program with Pakistan paying about 50% of the development costs. The project became known as JF-17 in Pakistan and FC-1 in China.
Source: Joint Fighter-17 (JF-17) Thunder / Fighter China-1 (FC-1) Fierce Dragon

The project was canceled after the Tienanmen Square massacre, but Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation managed to continue the program with its own resources, and the project was eventually re-branded as FC-1 (Fighter China-1).

A joint development and production agreement was signed in June 1999, with China Aviation Import and Export Corporation (CATIC) and Pakistan each contributing 50% of the estimated $150 million in development costs.
Source: http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/stuck-in-sichuan-pakistani-jf17-program-grounded-02984/

And yes, initially Pakistan will produce these aircraft using kits. However, production of parts will ramp up, as it has already begun, with facilities for the manufacturing of tail and fuselage components already close to full capability. As far as I know, Pakistan currently has no plans to produce the entire aircraft from the ground up in-country, mainly because we do not have the technology bed for it. The same process went into our ship-building program, same with tank-building, and same with ordnance. Take it easy, then, we'll be doing it all ourselves soon enough.

You start by crawling, then you stand, then you walk and then you run. It seems many of our Indian and "no-nationality" friends would like to believe we will crawl forever. When you try to run right out of the womb, you fall flat on your face, miserably and pathetically (read: LCA).

Last edited:

Thank you for the post JF17 Thunder is called FC1 in China, and we have 50-50 partnership with china , so Pakistan will get 50% of the sales and thus it means , we will get 10-15 planes built free for us , form money we will recover

The Assambly plants are in Pakistan , and as we speak we are actively building new planes to protects Pakistan Air -

The Russian Engines are for our 50 planes, and after that we will get more enhanced engines, and Stealth variations to our Block 1 JF17 thunder

Just wait untill we get our AWACS

Reference for you

It breaks my heart to see A-Holes like niaz naik, gillani and Ch Mukhtar on such a occasion.

These people should be throw out of the country, not invited to time of pride.

Well, firstly, I don't think many people here really give two sh*ts about what you "believe". You can believe whatever the heck you want, won't bother us one bit.

Now, what is so difficult to understand about a 50-50 venture? Pakistan will not get 50% of the revenue, it will receive 50% of the profit. That is, since it footed 50% of the bill of the program, it will pocket 50% of the profit. This includes foreign sales, as it was a joint program. Without Pakistan, JF-17 program would not have exited. I believe that if you were desperate enough, you could find sources for this yourself. But of course, I understand that sometimes it can be more fun to live in ignorance.

And yes, initially Pakistan will produce these aircraft using kits. However, production of parts will ramp up, as it has already begun, with facilities for the manufacturing of tail and fuselage components already close to full capability. As far as I know, Pakistan currently has no plans to produce the entire aircraft from the ground up in-country, mainly because we do not have the technology bed for it. The same process went into our ship-building program, same with tank-building, and same with ordnance. Take it easy, then, we'll be doing it all ourselves soon enough.

Hi PAFAce.. I have to disagree on the part that Pakistan will receive 50% of profit. For export, China is doing all the manufacturing process of the aircraft.. all its airframe, fuselage , fitting of engine etc etc with entire armament... isn't it ? There is also no need of supplying any component from Pakistan coz there already exists all facility with skilled labour and raw material. Then how you sums up with half profit ??.. So it would be practical to say that Pakistan will get a certain amount of revenue like UAE's F-16 Block 60 contract.

Dude from wat ive read PAK contributed 60% of moneyand an F16 with a crew of PAF pilots and enginers were sent to china so i dont think there wont be any profit sharing...

Dude from wat ive read PAK contributed 60% of moneyand an F16 with a crew of PAF pilots and enginers were sent to china so i dont think there wont be any profit sharing...

Its a joint fighter Pakistan and China.
Second Pakistan already offered Marketing responsibilities to CATIC .

He knows every thing, he is pretending to be Pakistani but he is not.
I read post on this forum regularly and i know who is who, trust me his post is no surprise to me.
Remember indians are very worried about Pakistan's relation with china, so don't bother with one line trolls.

I would like to comment that considering the potential of JF-17 there should be more than one production line. I'm not saying today but from today govt. should have been working on finances and discussions but no interest on the part of govt.
Whereas it makes sense that China focus on J10 and avionics in general.

Back
Top Bottom