What's new

China to have 4 aircraft carriers, 18 Type 055 destroyers, and 300 J-20 by 2025

Definitely the most powerful fleet in the Pacific when you consider the type 055 the most powerful cruiser in that area. 18 Type 055 along with the Type 052D, they will be packed with huge amount of missiles.

The number of the Type 052D will probably be doubled to that of the Type 055.

And the latest Type 052DL are all 8000 tonnes class destroyers.

By 2025, the PLAN will have about 60 Aegis destroyer.

that's not enough and impressive at all. 6 aircraft carriers and 60 destroyers are the minimal requirement.

The 052C+052D+055 will be about 60, only the number of the nuclear subs also need to be close to that number.

And the 3rd & 4th ACs all need to be 100,000 tonnes class nuclear powered supercarriers, since it will be significantly boost China's technological reputation. More countries will feel safe to trade with China.

18 Type 055, 36 Type 052D, and how many Type 54A? How many missiles would the total amount be ?

The Type 054A model seems to be discontinued, and not sure if China will build the Type 054B.

The Type 052DL starts to look more and more like a 8000 tonnes class frigate.

18 Type 055 + 36 Type 052D can pack over 4000 missiles.

The 052C+052D+055 will be about 60, only the number of the nuclear subs also need to be close to that number.

And the 3rd & 4th ACs all need to be 100,000 tonnes class nuclear powered supercarriers, since it will be significantly boost China's technological reputation. More countries will feel safe to trade with China.
I believe the 3rd and 4th will be conventional. it's impossible to commission 2 nuclear carriers by 2025.

I believe the 3rd and 4th will be conventional. it's impossible to commission 2 nuclear carriers by 2025.

I previously also believed it was conventional.

However, after seeing the analysis of the satellite images with my own assessment, I start to change my mind.

I believe the CD forum is simply too subjective, since they only care about the viewership to make more money, not concerning about China's military development.

I really doubt that China will build a conventional carrier about the size of the latest US nuclear supercarriers.

Last edited:
There's absolutely no doubt who the alpha male in the Pacific is by 2025 if those 18 Type 055 will be ready by then. Armed with thousands of missiles and backed by those DF missiles, the carnage you guys can cause will be devastating in the Pacific.

There's absolutely no doubt who the alpha male in the Pacific is by 2025 if those 18 Type 055 will be ready by then. Armed with thousands of missiles and backed by those DF missiles, the carnage you guys can cause will be devastating in the Pacific.

The Type 055 & 052D will all arm with the YJ-20(Starry-Sky 2) hypersonic anti-ship missiles.

It has a range over 1000 km with a speed about Mach 6.

I would hate to be on the opponent side when facing directly with this dominant leader. And i have not included the submarines. YJ-20 is truly a scary weapon and the H-6 carrying those anti ship missiles

I would hate to be on the opponent side when facing directly with this dominant leader. And i have not included the submarines. YJ-20 is truly a scary weapon and the H-6 carrying those anti ship missiles

By 2025, the USN will still look superior on the paper.

However, the PLAN will be de facto more lethal with more modern ships and hypersonic missiles being armed to the teeth.

The PLAN in the 2025 might still not have the same projecting power as the USN. However, in the theater of the Asia-Pacific region, the PLAN can easily annihilate any navy in the world, not mentioning it also has the backup reinforcement from China's powerful ASBM troop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom