What's new

China to hand over first Frigate to Pakistan on Thursday: NA body told

we are getting for till 2011 and this may be good against submarines and enemy ships i think and with goal keeper gun against enemy helicopters too but can some one tell me what sam is on it complete list of weapons on it

BY 2013 WE WILL RECIEVE THE REMAINING THREE MORE F-22P FRIGATES
4 F22P FRIGATES
&
6 F21P FRIGATES BY 2013
SOUNDS GOOD FOR
PAK BAHRIYA

China to Hand Over First F-22P Frigate to Pakistan Today

Thursday, July 30, 2009

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Navy would receive first of the four state-of-the-art Frigates F-22P type on July 30 as Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Nauman Bashir has reached China for formal taking over of the fighting vessel, National Assembly Standing Committee on Defence Production.

The meeting of the parliamentary body was presided over by MNA Sheikh Aftab Ahmed who is also Chairman of the Standing Committee.Giving briefing to the Standing Committee the representative of the Directorate General of Defence Production said that the weapons systems to be installed on the ship to be handed over to Pakistan have been successfully demonstrated at the optimum performances and ranges.

Pakistan Navy is acquiring four new F-22P class frigates under collaboration with China as first three ships are being constructed at Hudong Shanghai and last one at Karachi Shipyard and Engineering works.F-22P frigates are equipped with modern weaponry and sensors.Each ship of them will carry Anti-submarine Z9EC helicopters. First batch of two helicopters has arrived in Pakistan.

Induction of F-22P frigates will not only enhance the war fighting potential of Pakistan Navy but will also strengthen the indigenous ship building capability of the country. The representative of Karachi Shipyard apprised the meeting that China with the help of local engineers has started work on the construction of fourth frigate while a number of hurdles were on the way to launch the work to its capacity.

The committee assured of their full cooperation in help alleviating the hurdles on the way to construct the vessel which would pave the way to not only acquire ship making technology but also bring the country in the club of manufacturing huge vessels indigenously. The meeting was attended by its members besides senior officers of the allied departments of the ministry.

[/QUOTE]

Gun on F-22P is quite different from PLA's , isn't that?

Attachments

• 090505165509fde7b08ff51144.jpg
    090505165509fde7b08ff51144.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 25_83841_e0ae9cc9e71a14e.jpg
    25_83841_e0ae9cc9e71a14e.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 海730近防系统高角度对空射&#209.jpg
    海730近防系统高角度对空射&#209.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 26
Gun on F-22P is quite different from PLA's , isn't that?

Well yes and no. The basic gun and mount is the same. It is controlled by the same radar and el-op equipment. Just on the PN mount these are off mount, while these are on mount in the PLAN. In order to mount radar and el-op equipment, the housing of the PLAN mount needs to be stronger, and there need to be additional access points. The mount on the PN ships look very much like that used in the land-mobile LD-2000 system. Which suggest it may be possible at some point to add 2x3 TY-90 surface to air missiles to each mount. The TY-90 is mainly intended for the interception of aircraft and missiles flying in medium-low-altitude. It has all-aspect infrared homing (i.e. fire and forget) capability and a range of 0.3 to 6km.

See
LD-2000 Close-In Weapons System (CIWS) - SinoDefence.com
TY-90 (Yitian) Surface-to-Air Missile - SinoDefence.com

http://img177.imageshack.us/i/aa4wr5.jpg/

Last edited:
This was good news!

Came a short while after the bad news of us not buying German-subs and instead buying French-Subs!

Pakistan receives Chinese frigates
By Farhan Bokhari

Published: July 31 2009

China yesterday formally handed over the first of four new naval frigates built for Pakistan in a deal which highlights the close ties between the armed forces of the two countries.

The launch of the new frigate is part of the F-22P programme, estimated to be worth $700m (€497m, £424m), which includes the supply of a batch of Chinese helicopters.

"The addition of these new ships will not only strengthen the Pakistan navy fleet but will also [enhance] the country's shipbuilding capabilities," Pakistan's navy said.

Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad

The Financial Times Limited 2009

i think PN should wiothdraw any submarine buying and ask govt we dont accept the french sub and president cant sack naval chief we all know he is commisioned

This was good news!

Came a short while after the bad news of us not buying German-subs and instead buying French-Subs!

we never bought the french subs....but there is controversy going on.

Rawalpindi should take up arms if zardari opts for French subs...they cost more yet they are inferior in capability

the budget is allocated to the navy.......Navy has final say in what to do with the funds, not the bloody president

This was good news!

for the first part, yes it was a great news in deed!
but
for the second, the decision is not a final one, there is a controversy going on but hopefull PN will get out of it, the issues is under good conclusive debate at the thread named:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-forces/16720-pakistans-acquisition-u-214-a-24.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...programme-sailing-into-troubled-waters-2.html

i advice you to go through these threads if you have intrest in this issue, it will surely be helpful!

regards!

Its hard not to love china - China is a TRUE friend in need is friend in deed sometimes I wish I was half chinese that is how much I love chinese :china::pakistan:

Arsalan

You seem to post on every thread - Air Force, Naval and Land Forces; always comment on all of the threads and have your own reccomendations about what the Pakistan Military should do with regards to just about anything and everything.

Are you an expert?

Khudah nay wahi bayja hey tum'ko?

Forum is free for all, even for you and no-one stops you from sharing your views either. If some post is irrelevant, MODs would take that out. Let everybody express how they feel and your expressions are also welcome.

Back
Top Bottom