What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

Su-35 is a good fighter ... China should buy some from Russia to add our fighter numbers, 700x not enough.

It is hard to integrate different fighters.

Plus, China should wait to develop home grown options, and investing the money in home based R and D.

Su-35 is a good fighter ... China should buy some from Russia to add our fighter numbers, 700x not enough.

Also, why are you against S 400 then?

It is hard to integrate different fighters.
Plus, China should wait to develop home grown options, and investing the money in home based R and D.
Of course China did R&D ... i say quickly adding fighter numbers for PLAAF, Su-35 is a good choice to purchase.

Also, why are you against S 400 then?
HQ-9 is good enough, spend our money to R&D new missiles.

Of course China did R&D ... i say quickly adding fighter numbers for PLAAF, Su-35 is a good choice to purchase.

HQ-9 is good enough, spend our money to R&D new missiles.

I don't think S-400 is the bad choice for China, just like S-300.
Er ... The article refered to some improved S-300 systems too.
Yes. improved S-300 is also good for China.

I don't think S-400 is the bad choice for China, just like S-300.
Er ... The article refered to some improved S-300 systems too.
Yes. improved S-300 is also good for China.
I don't think we need S-400 coz China R&D HQ-9B & HQ-26 for next long-range SAM.

Ha-26 could be years away for China...

So China would not call out the names of its potential enemy when its looking at buying foreign military systems, unlike The new supa powa?

No, we don't do that. This is just not is our blood. It is nothing to brag about.

I don't think we need S-400 coz China R&D HQ-9B & HQ-26 for next long-range SAM.

You should write and send letter to China MoD for that.
The article said about how they proceed the signed contract, not proceed to sign the contract.

You should write and send letter to China MoD for that.
The article said about how they proceed the signed contract, not proceed to sign the contract.
I ever read news said China to buy Su-35 and also signed contract in Moscow, at last nothing happened.
This isn't a China official article/news, i don't know whether it's true.

I ever read news said China to buy Su-35 and also signed contract in Moscow, at last nothing happened.
This isn't a China official article/news, i don't know whether it's true.

We wish that ( S-400 deal ) a fake, but it looks like a real one.

Last edited:
hmmmmmmm.............surprising.

Maybe, but yes its both, to learn and catch up. Russia afterall, still has quite a lead over China militarily. The syrian intervention is just another example. Not many countries in the world are capable/have experience of projecting power far away from their neighbourhood, much less waging an expeditionary war away from their neighbourhood. I think in the coming decades the Chinese will slowly learn and catch up though.
It's not abt not having the mean. It's more about the political will. I don't think PLAAF JH-7A is in anyway inferior to Su-24. So as J-11BS or J-16 to Su-30MKK.

So why is China buying S 400?
Half of S-400 development fee is paid by China. It is no surprising China is first customer of S-400. You expect China paid for the development not to buy any of them?

It's not abt not having the mean. It's more about the political will. I don't think PLAAF JH-7A is in anyway inferior to Su-24. So as J-11BS or J-16 to Su-30MKK.

Half of S-400 development fee is paid by China. It is no surprising China is first customer of S-400. You expect China paid for the development not to buy any of them?

cnleio : do you hear about this? why you think this a fake contract? you want to pay for nothing? no buy

cnleio : do you hear about this? why you think this a fake contract? you want to pay for nothing? no buy

Well, S-400 missile defence system is quite an advanced missile defence system. So China will obviuosly like to get its hands on it. Afterall, China didnt pay for the development costs for nothing, it just means they know they are still quite a few things they need to learn from the soviets(sorry i meant from the Russians.lol). So i dont see whats the big deal here. Its always good to learn from those who are ahead of you so you can catch up faster, instead of burying your head in the sand, doesnt help at all. So i dont see what makes you think this is some kind of big news or whatever.

cnleio doubt abt this deal and of course the shared development cost. he think this is fake deal.
to him the money is for domestic project of hq26 or similar.

There are still many SAM battalions deploying old missiles like HQ-2, some of these are deployed fro defence of Beijing. Even though these HQ-2 missiles have been modernised, they are still old liquid fuel designs which need time to fill the fuel before it can be fired. These need replacement ASAP by all means. This is where both HQ-9 and S-400 system comes in.

Difference of S-400 and HQ-9 is that S-400 is a missile system deploying a few different types of missiles with different range - long range/medium range/ short range, under a single command centre, while HQ-9 is a single type missile system.

Since S-400 system R & D is partly finance by China, there is no reason not to buy them. And also why not take possession of finished missile system and study them for future development of Chinese SAMs, after all having paid for the R & D money China should use the technology for current and future development.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom