What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

May I know which superpower do not buy weapon from others? Even Uncle Sam buys foreign weapon like advance trainer aircraft and Russia buys mistral LHD. Don't forget to look into mirror and see your dear India doing that too :D

Absolutely
Russia also buys Mistral from France

The super power self reliant military power still :ph34r:buying weapons.?:enjoy:
But most of your countrymen defame India citing it purchases weapons from other nations.I just shown the mirror to them.:pissed:

Check out post #32 for my comment

Same Russian media that's been saying that Su-35 entered service with VVS in 1996.
Rosboronexport is so desperate that it's cooking up fake news.

Did any other guys say the same like the people quoted @# 57?

images

Ink and fine brush painting

Last edited:
I cant wait to see what the locally bulit Chinese versions will be like. Good news for China and even better for us

We have to work within the terms dictated in the contract between China and Russia until we improvish for a system that is substantially different but that takes a longer time

Apart from this I believe there are many other items in the arsenal in which Pakistani bros can discuss with PLA for outright purchases /cooperation in production.

images

China ink and fine brush painting

Last edited:
China took back control of the Scarborough Shoal in 2012 from the Philippines and the U.S. military coins by do a damn thing to stop China :lol:

U.S. is a military ally of the Philippines and yet China did what it wanted, when it wanted. U.S. military was left helpless giving hot air warnings.

China has a military that will ensure the U.S. will NEVER be able to use its military against China as the cost of war is too high for the U.S.

Chinese conventional and asymmetric weapons have already achieved China's deterrence against the U.S. Now China can continue to develop economically and accelerate the demise of the U.S. in Asia and the world.

I think you should use "HuangYan Island".

China’s plan to purchase Russia’s new S-400 anti-aircraft missile defense system is expected to put Taiwan in greater jeopardy in the case of a Chinese invasion, as the system would likely increase Beijing’s ability to control the skies over the nation and over the Taiwan Strait.

However, Russia’s S-400 system is not enough to stop the US from coming to Taiwan’s aid — if Washington makes that decision — and the US already has classified countermeasures for dealing with it, Global Security think tank director John Pike said.

Russian state weapons export agency Rosoboronexport announced the US$3 billion sale last week.

Defense News reports that the system, with an estimated range of 400km, would allow China to strike any aerial target over Taiwan.

“The S-400 will challenge Taiwan’s ability to conduct air defense operations within its own air defense identification zone, which covers the Taiwan Strait,” Defense News said.

“There’s no doubt that Russia and China would like Taiwan to think this is very bad news,” Pike said.

However, he said that while the S-400 sale should be of “great concern” to Taiwan, it would not be decisive in an actual invasion.

Pike said that if the US decides to defend Taiwan, the S-400 system would not impact that decision and that he was confident the Pentagon could deal with the Russian-made system.

According to Defense News, China’s aging inventory of S-300s — with an estimated range of about 300km — allows it to strike targets only along Taiwan’s northwest coast.

Earlier this year, the Project 2049 Institute said the potential of an S-400 sale to China had “understandably caused something of a panic in Taiwan security circles.”

Research fellow Ian Easton wrote on the Project 2049 Web site that the S-400 threat “may not be as dire as forecast.”

Easton said: “Chinese air defenses are not invulnerable today, not will they be in the future.”

He said that in peacetime, if an S-400 air surveillance radar unit were switched on, it would be subject to immediate interception by Taiwanese signals intelligence units on Dongyin Island (東引), Matsu Island and the Penghu Islands.

It would also be detectable by US and Japanese signals intelligence units on Okinawa, submarines off the Chinese coast and crewed and automated aircraft patrolling in the East China Sea.

Once radar emissions are captured, countermeasures can be developed, Easton added.

China still would not have missile coverage over Taiwan’s air bases at most operational altitudes, and Taiwanese pilots could fly under the S-400’s radar sweep, Easton said.

Also, in case of a full-scale conflict, Chinese S-400 missiles would be susceptible to Taiwanese electronic jamming and cyberwarfare units, anti-radiation drones and cruise missiles.

China’s Russian missiles will not deter US: analyst - Taipei Times

21st century wars are not fought one system v one system it a network of systems v network of systems and here S-400 will be part of a network which will have HEL and other advance weapons for air defense so US will be able to penetrate China's air defense but what China is doing is making the cost too high for them, so they don't take that route against China.

s-400_tri_1445944440.jpg

Russia will deliver S-400 Triumf Mobile Multiple Anti-Aircraft Missile systems to China on time.

Rosoboronexport General Director Anatoly Isaikin Tuesday said that the company will honor its contract with China to deliver S-400 missile defense systems on time.

“China was the first country that we signed a contract with on the delivery of the S-400 and this contract will undoubtedly be fulfilled on time,” Isaikin told journalists without specifying the delivery dates or any other details of the contract.

Russia signed a contract to sell upgraded version of S-300 missile defense system to China in April this year. China had signed a $3 billion contract to procure six S-400 divisions amounting to eight missile launchers.

China To Get S-400 Missile Defense Systems From Russia On Time

s-400_tri_1445944440.jpg

Russia will deliver S-400 Triumf Mobile Multiple Anti-Aircraft Missile systems to China on time.

Rosoboronexport General Director Anatoly Isaikin Tuesday said that the company will honor its contract with China to deliver S-400 missile defense systems on time.

“China was the first country that we signed a contract with on the delivery of the S-400 and this contract will undoubtedly be fulfilled on time,” Isaikin told journalists without specifying the delivery dates or any other details of the contract.

Russia signed a contract to sell upgraded version of S-300 missile defense system to China in April this year. China had signed a $3 billion contract to procure six S-400 divisions amounting to eight missile launchers.

China To Get S-400 Missile Defense Systems From Russia On Time

Chinese members would jump up and claim that is a fake contract. China never buy Russian SAM again.

Chinese members would jump up and claim that is a fake contract. China never buy Russian SAM again.
When did we claim we never buy Russian SAM? Only the lada sub, SU-35 deal are all fake. Dont forget we still have a development agreement with Russian fo heavy helo.

When did we claim we never buy Russian SAM? Only the lada sub, SU-35 deal are all fake. Dont forget we still have a development agreement with Russian fo heavy helo.

@cnleio , beast think that the contract could be real.
Btw, S-400 is only the improved S-300, as another name of it is S-300PMU3.
- The max engagement range of missiles for export variant would be 250km at 30,000m altitude ( depends on missiles type ).
- FYI, Vietnam get the improved radar and those missiles, in another word, Vietnam get S-400 ( export variant ) already.

- The max engagement range of missiles for export variant would be 250km at 30,000m altitude ( depends on missiles type ).
- FYI, Vietnam get the improved radar and those missiles, in another word, Vietnam get S-400 ( export variant ) already.
... @BoQ77 , here only u trust ur words ... Vietnam get S-500 too. :D

BTW i don't remember when did i say China need buy S-400 from Russia, yes i ever wish Su-35 to PLAAF but not said S-400. Ths, don't make me wrong !

This is just to learn man!

Mark my words, by 2030, Russia will be importing weapon systems from China.

... @BoQ77 , here only u trust ur words ... Vietnam get S-500 too. :D

BTW i don't remember when did i say China need buy S-400 from Russia, yes i ever wish Su-35 to PLAAF but not said S-400. Ths, don't make me wrong !

May be you wrote the reverse? Perhaps you meant that China shouldn't need to buy Su 35, but can buy S 400?

hmmmmmmm.............surprising.

This is just to learn man!

Mark my words, by 2030, Russia will be importing weapon systems from China.

May be you wrote the reverse? Perhaps you meant that China shouldn't need to buy Su 35, but can buy S 400?

Maybe, but yes its both, to learn and catch up. Russia afterall, still has quite a lead over China militarily. The syrian intervention is just another example. Not many countries in the world are capable/have experience of projecting power far away from their neighbourhood, much less waging an expeditionary war away from their neighbourhood. I think in the coming decades the Chinese will slowly learn and catch up though.

Last edited:
Su-35 is a good fighter ... China should buy some from Russia to add our fighter numbers, 700x not enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom