What's new

China to build 93,000-ton atomic-powered aircraft carrier

Forget abt the nuke carrier ...

I wonder who is going to supply gas turbines for China's midget carrier ....??

Its a tech few nations possess and China is still under arms embargo frm EU and US..

..even russia may not help here because PLAN's AC will be a potent threat to all nations in fareast including russia .
it wouldnt be a threat to russia instead it could pull some pressure off russia so the mighty japan and USN would have to divide their focus on china other than chasing russian nuclear submarines all day.

the displacement of type 52(B,C) is 6,500 tons and they are the best China can manufacture indigenously...

Even for these the engines are provided by Ukraine and another a copy of German engine (i.e 2 Ukraine DN80 gas-turbines and 2 copied MTU Friedrichshafen 12V 1163TB83 diesels)...

So for a 48,000 ton class carrier where will China source the engines from..??

It has no choice but to design and manufacture its own engines...and its not going to happen in the near future
correction. type 052B is only 5,800tons while 052C is about 6,000tons.
china wont be building any real carrier soon but training its pilots on varyag.

Building aircraft carrier is a joke??? India have aircraft carriers since decades now and they finding difficult to build aircraft carriers. (present home made aircraft carrier being delayed by 2012). Here we go. When china dont have aircraft carriers how the hell they going to make non nuclear 49,000 tonne aircraft carrier + double the size nuclear powerd carrier??? Nyahehehehe is it a joke??? Even america shocked when china said that. America said its not a joke building aircraft carriers. It need lot of work, head, MONEY, BRAIN and yep A LOT OF TIME. They cant build it in a day. By the way who said J-10 a leathal Bird??? Why dont china use it that in exercise with other countries air force?? Russia invited china with their So called J-10 but no responce from china. Why? Update me on this if u can. Nyahehehehe some more cold drinks. Cheers :cheers:

it may sound impressive but given china's potential and ambitions and usa'c capability, i think this may be less tonnage than a yankee carrier.

it may sound impressive but given china's potential and ambitions and usa'c capability, i think this may be less tonnage than a yankee carrier.

China has ZERO understanding of how a AC works, the first AC they will build will be a white elephant, nothing more. I would be happy if they build their first AC the largest they can, it would be nothing more than a albatross around china's neck and the lesson they will learn is, not to do such a thing

So do I think, chinese will do that? no they arent so stupid.

i dont like arguing with indians among others but how can two indians say china can't build it. oh i guess their nationalism comes in their way of logical thinking.

china will build AC but with lot trouble. India too will face trouble with IAC 1, IAC 2 aab or Nuke powered Vishal. but IN has advantage of to hv exp of handling and maintainininmg AC over 4 decades that PLAN doesnt have. but they will make it. best luck to them. jkjjggdguhkjkukpqpqd na

Forget abt the nuke carrier ...

I wonder who is going to supply gas turbines for China's midget carrier ....??

Its a tech few nations possess and China is still under arms embargo frm EU and US..

..even russia may not help here because PLAN's AC will be a potent threat to all nations in fareast including russia .
Just see the article content first ok!! "Complete in 2020" It is a long time, 10 Years!
And, You just can get the info from western, You don't know chinese, I am chinese, I can read the chinese press, I don't want list the press about the achivement in engine and material and Information communication. I belive the article!!
And before the unveil of J20, such you kind of guy believe china can make 4th jet?
By the way, I have read the article:http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...-build-nuclear-powered-aircraft-carriers.html
I don't know your logic, we have the nuke submarine for 40 years, You can do it, why can't we? Just because you can import from other country? joke. You are amazing country, WE too, and we like make miracle!!! But building the nuke carrier is not a miracle for china!!!

Building aircraft carrier is a joke??? India have aircraft carriers since decades now and they finding difficult to build aircraft carriers. (present home made aircraft carrier being delayed by 2012). Here we go. When china dont have aircraft carriers how the hell they going to make non nuclear 49,000 tonne aircraft carrier + double the size nuclear powerd carrier??? Nyahehehehe is it a joke??? Even america shocked when china said that. America said its not a joke building aircraft carriers. It need lot of work, head, MONEY, BRAIN and yep A LOT OF TIME. They cant build it in a day. By the way who said J-10 a leathal Bird??? Why dont china use it that in exercise with other countries air force?? Russia invited china with their So called J-10 but no responce from china. Why? Update me on this if u can. Nyahehehehe some more cold drinks. Cheers :cheers:
Do you know why you find it is difficult to build aircraft carrier? Because of your weak basic military industry.
china ship building industry are behind of india? and before the sail of Varyag, we didn't do something? Maybe this time you forget chinese reverse engineering that you always mock china by it!! chinese don't stop the preparation for carrier, and the article also said that it will completed in 2020, almost 10 years, It is not a long time, but base on the achivement before, We can complete all the prepartion for the carrier. I have read many report the achivement of military industry, don't see them as a individual, try to combine it!!! I know in your indian mind, No western support, No country can do it. Let is your mind, don't apply to China!!!

China regular builds 150,000 ton class cape sized cargo ships. Also for the Chinese navy, 2 20,000 ton class amphibious vessels are in service, and more are coming. Varyag is also sailing right now just fine with domestic engine.

By the way, if 48000 ton Varyag (65,000 ton full) is a "midget" carrier as you suggest, what would you call Indian carriers with less than 30,000 ton full displacement?

the displacement of type 52(B,C) is 6,500 tons and they are the best China can manufacture indigenously...

Even for these the engines are provided by Ukraine and another a copy of German engine (i.e 2 Ukraine DN80 gas-turbines and 2 copied MTU Friedrichshafen 12V 1163TB83 diesels)...

So for a 48,000 ton class carrier where will China source the engines from..??

It has no choice but to design and manufacture its own engines...and its not going to happen in the near future

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

LOL, in hindsight, the Indian comments on this thread were hilarious. :lol:

The basic Indian mentality is that China is less capable than India, then they act all surprised.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom