What's new

CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY

:disagree: CPC is the Chinese Government, not the American government. Only the Chinese people have the right to evaluate the Chinese government, not American. Whether you like CPC, You are not qualified to make decisions for the Chinese people.

Satisfaction with Country's Direction(Pew Research Center):
Database | Pew Global Attitudes Project
Pew Research Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1st, China, 87%
2nd, Brazil, 50%

The Chinese government has the right to manage the Chinese people, Vatican has no right, West has no right.

1# Chinese people believe that, Prosperous life important than a single vote.
2# Ordinary Chinese people can become president, but not through the media to get the seat. You have to start from the most junior civil servants, You must through capacity and effort been promoted again and again, So he is definitely not a fool who can be president.
So USA had some good president, for example: Clinton, Bush(old)...and USA also had some bad president, for example(only my opinion): Bush(young), Obama...
3# Wall Street can control USA gov through the media.
For example, family planning, state-owned enterprises reform, etc... these policies all can not implemented in the USA. Because selfish media will destroy it all, and USA President also did not dare to do it. But China can do it.
4# Does Hu Jintao have term limits ? Yes, 10 Years.
Does China's rights by one person to master it? No, nine people rule the country together. Hu Jintao's State Rights a lot less than Obama.

Hu Jintao, He used to be a dam workers, now he is the president of China:
5618482820110330220537096.jpg

Who said anything about making decisions for the Chinese people? The point was that the Vatican broke relations with the Chinese Catholic church when the Government wanted to say who could be bishops, pastors, ECT. In other words they wanted only those who were faithful to the party and would report on it's members. Now I ask you what right does any Government have to hinder a private citizens worship of God? As well as destroy churches, persecute, torture, and imprison believers.

"destroy churches, persecute, torture, and imprison believers."???? It is just rumors and excuses.
See the subject "CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY". This can prove you're lying.

Whether atheist or Christian, They are all the Chinese people. The Chinese government has the right to manage the Chinese people, Vatican has no right, West has no right.

I don''t know.My neighbour is collecting young people in his apartment for Christian things,no one prevent them and I enjoy it.
They are just singing right now.So faithful I should say.

Who said anything about making decisions for the Chinese people? The point was that the Vatican broke relations with the Chinese Catholic church when the Government wanted to say who could be bishops, pastors, ECT. In other words they wanted only those who were faithful to the party and would report on it's members. Now I ask you what right does any Government have to hinder a private citizens worship of God? As well as destroy churches, persecute, torture, and imprison believers.

Thomas. A very Christan name. Are you catholic by any chance? I have many protestant friends and they shower the Vatican with the highest forms of derision. The idea that a foreign cult can make political decisions in China like hiring and firing bishops and clergy, is arrogant in the extreme, and a blatant form of political interference. If China let this pass, the Vatican will be running China in a few decades, through the power of their religious followers.

The Vatican running another country is not religious freedom--don't hide behind that catch-phrase--it is the most mundane of ambitions, power and control.

I don't look at Christianity in the political sense.

If Indians convert to Christianity which is an alien religion, how can those who maybe Indians but has no idea of the religion, decide who should be the Head of their Group and what should be prayed?

Thomas. A very Christan name. Are you catholic by any chance? I have many protestant friends and they shower the Vatican with the highest forms of derision. The idea that a foreign cult can make political decisions in China like hiring and firing bishops and clergy, is arrogant in the extreme, and a blatant form of political interference. If China let this pass, the Vatican will be running China in a few decades, through the power of their religious followers.

The Vatican running another country is not religious freedom--don't hide behind that catch-phrase--it is the most mundane of ambitions, power and control.

No I am protestant, And while I don't agree with everything the Catholic church practices. There are many Catholics who do have a true relationship with God. Neither the Catholic or Protestant churches have a desire to take the place of the Communist party in China. What they do want is to worship God without the Government demolishing their churches and imprisoning their pastors and members. Even the so called official churches at times have their churches demolished for no reason.

I have a lot of respect for Chinese Christians. And all Christians for that matter who live in countries where being Christian means certian persecution and at times imprisonment, torture and death. They count the cost of their decision to commit their lives to living according to Jesus teachings. And yet they don't give in to the persecution. Why? because God has revealed himself to them in a very personal way.

And I say again what right does a Government (any government in the world) have to tell one of it's citizens. They can't worship God unless the Government is allowed to control that worship. Spirituality is a very personal choice, not a political one. Governments should serve the people not tell them how to think or worship.

I have a lot of respect for Chinese Christians. And all Christians for that matter who live in countries where being Christian means certian persecution and at times imprisonment, torture and death. They count the cost of their decision to commit their lives to living according to Jesus teachings. And yet they don't give in to the persecution. Why? because God has revealed himself to them in a very personal way.

What about us atheists?

Do we get the same level of respect?

"destroy churches, persecute, torture, and imprison believers."???? It is just rumors and excuses.
See the subject "CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY". This can prove you're lying.

Whether atheist or Christian, They are all the Chinese people. The Chinese government has the right to manage the Chinese people, Vatican has no right, West has no right.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about us atheists?

Do we get the same level of respect?

It is your decision whether to be a worshiper of God or an Atheist. If you lived in my country I would even defend your right to be Atheist if the Government tried to tell you otherwise.

It is your decision whether to be a worshiper of God or an Atheist. If you lived in my country I would even defend your right to be Atheist if the Government tried to tell you otherwise.

My aunt and her family, are Chinese Christians.

Nobody has told them to stop being Christians, and they are doing very well for themselves.

In fact, when I was younger, she gave me a Bible to read. I have read the whole thing several times, I found it very interesting.

No I am protestant, And while I don't agree with everything the Catholic church practices. There are many Catholics who do have a true relationship with God. Neither the Catholic or Protestant churches have a desire to take the place of the Communist party in China. What they do want is to worship God without the Government demolishing their churches and imprisoning their pastors and members. Even the so called official churches at times have their churches demolished for no reason.

You're skirting the issue that it is precisely political control that the Vatican wishes to have over the appointment of Chinese clergy, clergy which have a clear anti-communist agenda and preach firebrand sermons condemning the chinese government. They are no different than the nobel committee who sends Peace Prizes to dissents who spread violence not peace.

People of China are free to worship whatever diety they choose, but political control of the Vatican over China is unacceptable, and no different than neocolonialism.

And I say again what right does a Government (any government in the world) have to tell one of it's citizens. They can't worship God unless the Government is allowed to control that worship. Spirituality is a very personal choice, not a political one. Governments should serve the people not tell them how to think or worship.

The Vatican is a medieval theocracy. The pope goes out of his way to condemn condoms. His church persecuted Galileo for producing a correct model of the universe. I don't want any of that feudal influence in China, thank you very much.

My aunt and her family, are Chinese Christians.

Nobody has told them to stop being Christians, and they are doing very well for themselves.

In fact, when I was younger, she gave me a Bible to read. I have read the whole thing several times, I found it very interesting.

I find the old testament god disturbing to be honest. That is partly what turned me away after I have first read the first 4 book about Jesus. They didn't think I'll read the entire thing but I did.

I find the old testament god disturbing to be honest. That is partly what turned me away after I have first read the first 4 book about Jesus. They didn't think I'll read the entire thing but I did.

Depends on how you look at it.

I read the Old Testament first, and I found it very interesting.

When you say "disturbing", are you referring to the fact that the Old Testament has a lot of violence in it, and that the God of the Old Testament describes himself as a "jealous and vengeful" God? (That is in his own words).

I think the writers of the Bible were trying to put God across as a somewhat "human" figure, since according to their theology, all humans were made in the image of God. So it is natural that there would be many shared traits.

I agree. Christianity is the finest example of a religion making it up as it goes along. Jesus of Nazareth started as an itinerant preacher, preaching an apocalyptic vision of a day of reckoning in which the corrupt rulers would meet their maker and the poor would be exalted. Then he got in trouble with the temple priests for rabble-rousing and got himself crucified as a low criminal. His followers had thought him a divine figure, but what god or prophet gets crucified? So his followers made up the idea that his death was meant to cleanse the human sin and bring salvation.

His apostles believed his predictions and thought judgment day would come any time. It never did, and later books in the bible does its best to redact Jesus' apocalyptic preaching and turns his teaching into the works of morality we know today.

Then comes the debate on whether Jesus was fully god, fully human, or a human inhabited by god, or whatever. The early church got together in a committee and imposed the comprise that came to be known as the Trinity: God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are one and the same.

Then there is the problem that the God of the old testament, Yahweh, is so different from the kind and mild Jesus as to be entirely different beings. An entire sect of Christianity evolved and was destroyed revolving around that fact.

And the discrepancies goes on and on, from its Jewish roots to the Gentile transformation, Christianity is just one long tale of men making up the story of god as he goes along.

There is a big difference between reading the bible as a novice and reading it with real scholarly comment from modern religious studies professors. I'd encourage you to take a course or read a book that exposes the winding evolutionary history of Christianity.

Depends on how you look at it.

I read the Old Testament first, and I found it very interesting.

When you say "disturbing", are you referring to the fact that the Old Testament has a lot of violence in it, and that the God of the Old Testament describes himself as a "jealous and vengeful" God? (That is in his own words).

I think the writers of the Bible were trying to put God across as a somewhat "human" figure, since according to their theology, all humans were made in the image of God. So it is natural that there would be many shared traits.

The old testament reads like a conquering king would have written it. If you obey only 9 out of every 10 commands, your village is still wiped out to the last goat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom