What's new

CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY

The old testament reads like a conquering king would have written it. If you obey only 9 out of every 10 commands, your village is still wiped out to the last goat.

The god of the old testament, Yahweh, is the War God, I believe, of the Israelites. Then the Cult of Yahweh converted everyone to believe that there is only one god, Yahweh, and that was how Judaism was born. And that's why the Old Testament god is so violent and cruel.

This series of video, a summary of the book "A History of God" by Karen Armstrong, a former nun, I believe, explains the history of the Christian and Jewish God very well. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that feeling too, so basically you can read the old testament as a historical record of conquering isrealites and wraths they inflicted on their neighbours. There is just so many things in there that can be considered war crimes by today's standards.

The old testament reads like a conquering king would have written it. If you obey only 9 out of every 10 commands, your village is still wiped out to the last goat.

Of course, that was how the world was back then.

Warfare was the norm, with tribes conquering other tribes, and large amounts of bloodshed.

The New Testament is much more peaceful, apart from the last book "Revelation" which sounds a lot like the OT.

I think the New testament was a transition point where they started to convert other ethnic people under roman rule. In the old testament you see no conversion of other tribes - people/communities who are not israelites were simply destroyed

Then I think Islam rised up again when there is a power vacuum in the middle east after the romans. And you have this 'hard' conversion again until later times.

I think the New testament was a transition point where they started to convert other ethnic people under roman rule. In the old testament you see no conversion of other tribes - people/communities who are not israelites were simply destroyed

You could be right. The big difference between Christianity and Judaism, is that Christianity seeks to convert people. But Judaism does not.

That could help to explain the difference in tone between the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Very true. Judaism is a tribal religion. It is a set of beliefs that unite a group of culturally homogenous people. The whole tradition of circumcision and ritual food laws are meant to set the Jews apart from others. They consider themselves God's chosen. Christianity seeks to evangelize, to spread the gospel, the "good news".

Very true. Judaism is a tribal religion. It is a set of beliefs that unite a group of culturally homogenous people. They consider themselves God's chosen. Christianity seeks to evangelize, to spread the gospel, the "good news".

That is right. They call it the "Great Commission", the command of Jesus for them to go out and convert others.

Great Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1# The video is a fake, If CPC wants to destroy Christianity, Christianity can not survive in China. But in fact, Christianity has developed rapidly in China.

2# If you are not satisfied with China's Christian policy, You can accuse the Chinese government. But you should not support the Vatican.
The Chinese government has the right to manage the Chinese people, Vatican has no right, West has no right.
For example, if Chinese govt dissatisfied with US racial discrimination, Can Chinese govt require that US President appointed by the Chinese govt?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're skirting the issue that it is precisely political control that the Vatican wishes to have over the appointment of Chinese clergy, clergy which have a clear anti-communist agenda and preach firebrand sermons condemning the chinese government. They are no different than the nobel committee who sends Peace Prizes to dissents who spread violence not peace.

People of China are free to worship whatever diety they choose, but political control of the Vatican over China is unacceptable, and no different than neocolonialism.

The Vatican is a medieval theocracy. The pope goes out of his way to condemn condoms. His church persecuted Galileo for producing a correct model of the universe. I don't want any of that feudal influence in China, thank you very much.

You keep talking about the Vatican when it's the protestant church that is mainly growing. Protestantism has no Church hierarchy like the Vatican. It is the home churches that are growing. And no matter how much you may want to stamp them out. In the end the communist party like all the other persecutors of history will fail. Even in North Korea which is by far the worst persecutor of Christians in the world, the Church is growing.

CCP is too nice with Christianity, these cults deserve to get banned considering their historical record.

We should use full strategic force against all cults and insurgents. Muslim terrorists have killed only 100 Chinese, but radical Christian (Protestant) terrorists have killed 20 million.

Islam came to China on a mule with gold.
Buddhism came to China by monks on a horse.
Christianity came flying in on an artillery shell.

We should use full strategic force against all cults and insurgents. Muslim terrorists have killed only 100 Chinese, but radical Christian (Protestant) terrorists have killed 20 million.

Islam came to China on a mule with gold.
Buddhism came to China by monks on a horse.
Christianity came flying in on an artillery shell.

The Islamic culture survived in China via the ancient history of the culture integration, and the Christianity's existence is the implantation of the modern Western colonialism.

You keep talking about the Vatican when it's the protestant church that is mainly growing. Protestantism has no Church hierarchy like the Vatican. It is the home churches that are growing. And no matter how much you may want to stamp them out. In the end the communist party like all the other persecutors of history will fail. Even in North Korea which is by far the worst persecutor of Christians in the world, the Church is growing.

To learn more about Chinese history, then with an easy mouth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom