What's new

CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY

I mean shuntmaster, it really shocks me that he has claimed the Hindu caste system is oppressive.

Even i just got convinced by some Indian members that the racism in the Hindu caste system is greatly exaggerated.

I think you mean castism. They are from same race. And no, it's alive and thriving but then so is racism, neo-Nazism and all the banned stuff. There is progress, something obviously people with certain agenda just ignore. But simple problem with India is that it's too poor, people too uneducated and simply not empowered enough. With growing economy and reduction in poverty, these issues can be successfully addressed. Ofcourse banning discrimination is not same as favoring someone. Inter caste marriage is still a Big no (except perhaps in few big cities) and India has too many "caste" based parties. Now this kind of acceptance perhaps will take forever...

Well conversion though religious enlightenment is fine. Luring poor and unfortunate people to change the religion is not good idea. It is same like conversion done by muslims with sword.

You mean poor people cannot get enlightenment? They cannot be choose what is right and wrong for themselves and hence have to continue in the rut they have been since centuries?
What exactly do you mean by 'luring'?

You mean poor people cannot get enlightenment? They cannot be choose what is right and wrong for themselves and hence have to continue in the rut they have been since centuries?

Who are you to decide "enlightenment" ? Is Buddhism less enlightened?
You probably think the conversions in the North East are voluntary

Man i dont know about china or my fellow indians i like christians they are peacefull people they dont do crime and all and after all i like santa

I mean shuntmaster, it really shocks me that he has claimed the Hindu caste system is oppressive.

Even i just got convinced by some Indian members that the racism in the Hindu caste system is greatly exaggerated.

Yaara, the Caste system was oppresive in the past. But it has far far mellowed down in the present and currently most people think of their caste only for a sense of brotherhood and identity and culture.

For example I am proud of my caste, but that doesn't mean I discriminate against other castes. I respect them for what they are. That is how it is now,to a large extent.

Yaara, the Caste system was oppresive in the past. But it has far far mellowed down in the present and currently most people think of their caste only for a sense of brotherhood and identity and culture.

For example I am proud of my caste, but that doesn't mean I discriminate against other castes. I respect them for what they are. That is how it is now on a large extent.

But the caste system doesn't even come to the picture. People in the North East are mainly Buddhists/Tribals who've never followed caste system

For example I am proud of my caste, but that doesn't mean I discriminate against other castes. I respect them for what they are. That is how it is now,to a large extent.

Exactly.

Caste is just one of my Identity.

The Evangelists and the Neo-Converts dream of a Christian Indian where the poor people are oppressed under the Evil Caste System. :rofl:

But the caste system doesn't even come to the picture. People in the North East are mainly Buddhists/Tribals who've never followed caste system

No yaar I was justly replying specifically to his post about the misconception that the Caste system is still widely prevalent and milions of people are still oppressed.

As far as Conversion is concerned what you said is absolutely true. After converting almost the whole North East population into Christianity these evangelists have also pervaded the NE insurgent groups to maintain their hold on power. The NSCM (I-M) for example is by all purposes run by the Church.

Now the region of their focus is Central India and the poor tribals over there. They just advertise even simple anti-malarial vaccines as God's special miracle cure (the traditional tribal shaman's formulations cant compete with these hitech vaccines) and once the disease is cured then that is the opening they need to exploit these people.

These neo-fanatical evangelists,Pentecosts with their aggressive market conversions are giving a bad name to all the Christian communities in India like Catholics,Syrian Christians, Marthomites etc who by themselves are a peaceful community and completely integrated in our culture.

The GoI needs to keep a strict tab over the foreign funding that comes mainly from the West for all sorts of these soul harvesting missions. But guess what the stupid GoI and its damned Vote-bank policy will not allow them to do that. :angry:

No they aren't. Buddhist? Perhaps small part is tribal.

They practiced a mix of Hinduism,Buddhism and ancient animist rituals.

They can if they have all the pertinent information. Do they? Nvrmind. All religions sicken me.

Sikkim and AP are mainly Buddhist

Still they are.

But Manipur,Mizoram,Nagaland, Meghalaya have for all purposes become mini neo-fanatical Christian states.And that is a worrying trend that needs to be arrested.

Those Bastard Missionaries need to be kicked out. Those Baptist thugs support Secissionist Activities in Manipur in their quest for Kingdom of Christ.

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | 'Church backing Tripura rebels'

After some years, we will hear the same in China, Christians asking for Independence.

This is a secular country. They can do whatever they want. You are less concerned about welfare of these people and more about religion?

As for as conversion goes, there is a reason missionaries are only saving the soul of "poor and downtrodden". Rest will not buy their product. Much easier to convince someone who might not even know what phone is.

Still they are.

But Manipur,Mizoram,Nagaland, Meghalaya have for all purposes become mini neo-fanatical Christian states.And that is a worrying trend that needs to be arrested.

Why? Indian government systematically ignored them for 50 years, virtually no development reached these states and even today they are not considered "Indian". What exactly are you trying to save? Most of our trouble be it religious conversion or Naxal violation are of our own creation. Easy to blame others, right?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom