What's new

CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY

"some bogus link?" What is that ? Where there is bogus link?

Last edited:
When it comes down to it, the CCP and government could only specifically object to the canonization of two of these "saints", Albericus Crescitelli and Auguste Chapdelaine, out of a total of 120 when the Vatican ritual took place in 2000.

It's actually not clear to me whether Chapdelaine himself did anything wrong at all. On this Crescitelli I won't comment for the Catholic church has never had a shortage of perverts in robes ...

You know as well as I do that the historical Catholic Church and the various popes have done far worse than canonizing a gigolo and rapist from time to time.

We'll just leave it at that.

However, in the spirit of Chairman Mao's "three fingers vs seven", how many "fingers" do you think Matteo Ricci and Sabatino de Ursis of the Italian Jesuits should get for bringing Euclidean geometry and to a large measure geography and map science to China? Not to mention the Jesuits' contribution to the Chinese understanding of astronomy and science in general?

BTW, "Eastern" Christianity in the form of 景教 (Manichaeism-influenced Nestorian Christianity) in Western China has been as old as Buddhism itself.

我只能说,那是你的感觉,我没兴趣成为被虐待狂,天主教的高级神甫强奸小男孩,我直接叫他人渣就行了,我没兴趣捧他的臭脚。

说毛的七三来,也不意味我们去捧那三的臭脚,我们承认了这个问题,不是继续捧起,很简单,只要天主教会撤消这个狗屁圣徒称号并且道歉,然后我能同意这是“七三”,忘掉那个“三”。你仍然在做相同的“三”的时候就别提什么“七三”开,这是基本道理,我没兴趣吞苍蝇。

Last edited:
I think a good way to thwart the emergence of "western" Christianity is to spread knowledge about "eastern" Christianity or Orthodoxy.

Catholicism is scared **** of Orthodoxy because a lot of stuff in Catholicism becomes indefensible in the face of Orthodoxy, divorce, celibate priests, that the Pope reigns/rules, meditative practices, etc. (I am not Orthodoxy mind you.) Likewise as Protestantism and the reactionary Evangelicalism are derived from Catholicism, that immediately serves as a triple strike.

And Orthodoxy should be able to get along with Eastern religions better. At the time of the "schism", Christian meditation schools were located in the east, so the Western type of Christianity didn't have an meditative practice. Hence things like Yoga, Chan/Zen meditation looks so satanic to them but not to Orthodoxy.

Catholicism because it is incomplete and unbalanced without meditation resulted in reactions that are even more unbalanced, Protestantism and Evangelical cults.

Also, the Orthodoxy have a story about one of their meditative monastics making a reply to a Protestant, "Get rid of your Catholicism first, that we can discuss this further".

It is important to explain the "Christian" and "Catholic" is called "Christian" in China, the general sense. China's special habits.

They are different, so those 'special habits' need to change.

Others, can only say that you need to be responsible for own behavior, I did not say that all Christianity is bad, in fact, some are good, but you have a bad image in China, simply because of your behavior,

What is this behavior?

you need to bring a reflection, not blame innocent people.

If there is anyone blaming others it's you blaming Christians...

If you are even willing to choose a colonists as "Saint", your freedom, you can choose any day, So, you should not be surprised by the attitude of the Chinese people, this is our choice, freedom.

I know how Communisms and supression of religion works, Soviet Christians were hated in the Soviet Union, I had brothers that were harrased by teachers, bullied by other kids and even beat up by the police because they were Christian. My father and grandmother were put into prison because they were caught paying in their home.

What is my point you ask? The communists in China were no different to Communists in the Soviet Union, so you're right, i'm not suprised by the 'attitude of Chinese people'.

"some bogus link?" What is that ? Where there is bogus link?

It's bogus becuase it doesn't have anything to do with Christians. If you can't distinguish between Christians and Catholics than that is your problem.

Last edited:
我只能说,那是你的感觉,我没兴趣成为被虐待狂,天主教的高级神甫强奸小男孩,我直接叫他人渣就行了,我没兴趣捧他的臭脚。

说毛的七三来也没有意味,我们去捧那三的臭脚,我们承认了这个问题,不是继续捧起,很简单,只要天主教会撤消这个狗屁圣徒称号并且道歉,然后我能同意这是七三,忘掉那个三,你仍然在做相同的三的时候就别提什么七三开,这是基本道理。

Fair enough, 胡子弟兄. Your point is well-taken. I personally wouldn't worry too much about the Vatican.

The problem with the Vatican historically has always been that they have embroiled themselves in the earthly pursuit of the Frozen Boy's "5 important things in life", especially money and power.

The effects of the corruption are there for all to see ...

In that sense, 人民的眼睛是雪亮的 ...

They are different, so those 'special habits' need to change.

What is this behavior?

If there is anyone blaming others it's you blaming Christians...

I know how Communisms and supression of religion works, Soviet Christians were hated in the Soviet Union, I had brother that were harrased by teacher, bullied by other kids and even beat up by the police because they were Christian. My father and grandmother were put into prison because they were caught paying in their home.

What is my point you ask? The communists in China were no different to Communists in the Soviet Union, so you're right, i'm not suprised by the 'attitude of Chinese people'.

It's bogus becuase it doesn't have anything to do with Christians. If you can't distinguish between Christians and Catholics than don't well that's sad.

1, the specific behavior, I have an example, some very bad behavior, such as, the performance in earthquake, aggressive missionary work, "colonial saints." Your actions decide whether you are popular.

2, you get hurt in the past, I very much regret and sympathy. But you completely misunderstood the Chinese, this is a spontaneous feeling of the people, no government propaganda, for example, the impact of Christians in the earthquake, not the government's propaganda, but some volunteers with their own eyes, then we know. Therefore, the gap is too large in the perception, I hope you do not have a fixed impression of the past in China.

1, the specific behavior, I have an example, some very bad behavior, such as, the performance in earthquake, aggressive missionary work, "colonial saints." Your actions decide whether you are popular.

2, you get hurt in the past, I very much regret and sympathy. But you completely misunderstood the Chinese, this is a spontaneous feeling of the people, no government propaganda, for example, the impact of Christians in the earthquake, not the government's propaganda, but some volunteers with their own eyes, then we know. Therefore, the gap is too large in the perception, I hope you do not have a fixed impression of the past in China.

This is how the missionarys work all over the world. They hold a carrot in front of the weak and destitutes.

Instead of worrying about Christianity and it causing divisions in the country,should the Chinese not worry about the one child policy disproportionately dropping the percentage of "Han Chinese" in the Chinese population?
China was blessed with an almost homogeneous ethnic group..which the man made policies of the CCP are now destroying.

Instead of worrying about Christianity and it causing divisions in the country,should the Chinese not worry about the one child policy disproportionately dropping the percentage of "Han Chinese" in the Chinese population?
China was blessed with an almost homogeneous ethnic group..which the man made policies of the CCP are now destroying.

However, most minorities are Korean, Mongol or Manchu - completely assimilated and indistinguishable from Hans except by 3 characters on the corner of the ID card. Besides, the 1 child policy is widely ignored and already loosened for rural residents and only children. However, you're right, there might be too many Tibetans and Uighurs in the future.

However, most minorities are Korean, Mongol or Manchu - completely assimilated and indistinguishable from Hans except by 3 characters on the corner of the ID card. Besides, the 1 child policy is widely ignored and already loosened for rural residents and only children. However, you're right, there might be too many Tibetans and Uighurs in the future.

Korean,Mongol and Manchu are for all practical purposes the same as the Hans...but what about Tibetians,Uighurs and Hui. This policy will come to bite China in her *** IMO.

The one child policy is already being reversed in large cities like Shanghai (where "single child" couples are allowed to have two kids). I don't think that us Chinese are stupid enough to go extinct via birth controls.

I hope China converts into Christianity. The Gospel is the only truth for the Chinese people from the oppression of the CPC.

I hope China converts into Christianity. The Gospel is the only truth for the Chinese people from the oppression of the CPC.

Im christian and this is just bull..

Some people here have anti christian agenda and say its a western tool is also bull,many asian countries have large christian populations they dont use there religion against there country though.Its not as if these christians are european these a ethnic chinese and chinese are very patriotic.

And most christians put country before religion.

I no i sure as hell do.

Maybe China will convert it into a Chinese religion. Like Buddhism.

What will happens when Chinese take over the Vatican?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom