What's new

China threatens its Neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian nuclear ability is a joke and operating a SSBN is not a joke. It takes decades to build up the institutional experience needed to operate a SSBN, you can't just give it to Japan or South Korea and expect them to be able to operate it. If american officers are on board, well, then we can regard it as a US declaration of war against us and in that case all bets are off.

SLBM K-4 and K-16 have been tested many times now.

two man crew on a SSBN - are you high or what?

Are you talking about K 15? Was it tested on a actual submarine? If not then its a bit early too talk about having even reaching IOC.

two men who control the launching of the SLBMs.

And behind all this... I'm going to take a guess and say that the U.S. is behind all of this. They would absolutely love for all of Asia to be fighting amongst themselves. They did it between Vietnam and Korea, and now they will continue causing instability in Asia by having us fight amongst ourselves. Divide and conquer. Like they have been doing all throughout history. :coffee:

And behind all this... I'm going to take a guess and say that the U.S. is behind all of this. They would absolutely love for all of Asia to be fighting amongst themselves. They did it between Vietnam and Korea, and now they will continue causing instability in Asia by having us fight amongst ourselves. Divide and conquer. Like they have been doing all throughout history. :coffee:

That only happens between countries with similar power like The Koreas, Iran and Iraq, and etc. Anyone actually starting a war with China besides the U.S or Russia would be suicidal.

Yes, I think so. I heard MACY'S was having a CLEARANCE SALE. Time for some good bargains and tense long lines at the cash register. Maybe we can shop our differences away!

Ummm... dude, let's get to the fact of the matter shall we? If you are somehow implying that India can somehow take on China... then YOU must be high. Over half your population is in poverty and I doubt they would even have the strength to pick up a rifle and fight for India, so please..... stfu, okay?

I think he meant per loading module. But, if India does not have access to SSBN and SLBMs, then it is way behind major powers including China. You should have planned and developed this a long time ago before the MTCR kicked in. Now, it is going to take years and years. SSBNs are the ultimate in nuclear deterrence and countries wont take India seriously if you dont have this capability. In any case, with or without MTCR, Russia would never have given you the SSBN tech. So, you should have started developing this in the 70s. I am surprised that India which had a blueprint for detonating an atomic bomb did not think of SSBN capabilities at the same time.

By the way, is the Arihant based on the Russian Charlie Class? If yes, then you need to look at the ultimate Typhoon class. You've got to be able to jump to this tech. Or perhaps, try and lease an OHIO class from us. But now it is MTCR time.

I personally like the ohio better it can carry 154 cruise missiles which means it can actually be used in a conventional war.

Yeah.. this when Ohio wieghs only 20000 tons displacement. Compare that to Typhoon which is 48000 tons. Though with the SS-N-20 (Sturgeon) and the quiet nature made the typhoons hard to detect. I am not sure why the Indians are starting with the old Charlie class. They need to look at at least the Delta class. Russians have moved onto the Borei class. Indians are really way behind in their SSBN. They are building an SSBN that was conceived in 1967 ( Charlie class). Not good for them. Not good at all.

LoL the Charlie class is not a SSBN at all and could only carry cruise missiles making it a SSGN. I wonder how the Indians are going to jam their SLBMs( which are still under testing) in a sub designed for Cruise missiles. Its like the Ohio only the process is reversed.

Side note: The Arihant is smaller than a typical SSN

Don't you think India doesnot has similar minimum deterence in Place viz-a-vis China ..Considering we first conducted nuclear test in 1974 itself and then tested Thermonuclear device in 1998?..All major Chinese Cities including Bejing are in Indian missiles range.

Well, I don't regard India wielding the same power just yet (no offense there, just stating what I think). They are an emerging power, but not on the levels of China, Russia and America.

If you have to put a date to your nuke test, then China has achieved it since October 16, 1964. Making China the 5th official nuclear power. This came two years after the Sino-India war which lasted only a little over a month. We can pulverize all your major cities including Delhi since then so can our brother Pakistan. What are you trying to say here? China don't even care about what India does, your people's attitude in general, are quite the contrary however.

I guess all they got from Russia are the blueprints for the charlie class. Russians are not that stupid, I guess. It will be interesting to see how a country with no expertise in SLBMs is going to jam them into the old Charlie class. Sometimes, I dont understand the Indian way of development. They should have begged and pleaded to get at least a delta class. Maybe we could have given them the old George Washington Class. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom