What's new

China threatens its Neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.
so we better start attacking now before they get strong, right? maybe even strategic bombing on a certain southeast asian country that won't have Chinese and Russian engineers manning their SAM sites anymore.
Are you implying that Chinese and Russian engineers manned SAM sites during the Vietnam war?:argh:

He was an arrogant idiot with poor military knowledge I thought most people would at least agree with that.

I'm not sure arrogant idiot is the right way to describe him. He wasn't an idiot by any means and his personality couldn't really be described arrogant. I think the best way to describe him is xiao ren. The antithesis of the Confucian gentlemen.

Are you implying that Chinese and Russian engineers manned SAM sites during the Vietnam war?:argh:

Perhaps you should learn some history their was 170,000 PLA stationed in Vietnam. Without them there Americans would have crossed the 17th and crushed most of the actual resistance. And yes they stationed a lot of SAM and other AAA assets.

China sent 2 anti-air division to Vietnam and numerous engineer and reconstruction battalions.

Perhaps you should learn some history their was 170,000 PLA stationed in Vietnam. Without them there Americans would have crossed the 17th and crushed most of the actual resistance. And yes they stationed a lot of SAM and other AAA assets.

They weren't there to hold the American at 17th they were mainly stations around Hochiminh city. The implicit threat of China enter the war was enough to keep America from openly cross the 17th.

I'm not sure arrogant idiot is the right way to describe him. He wasn't an idiot by any means and his personality couldn't really be described arrogant. I think the best way to describe him is xiao ren. The antithesis of the Confucian gentlemen.

Probably but he was a idiot in military affairs. If the World War 2 hardened UN army couldn't beat China with massive firepower and air dominance what made him think his poorly equipped and inexperienced Indian divisions could do so?

They weren't there to hold the American at 17th they were mainly stations around Hochiminh city. The implicit threat of China enter the war was enough to keep America from openly cross the 17th.

Thanks thats what I meant.

Probably but he was a idiot in military affairs. If the World War 2 hardened UN army couldn't beat China with massive firepower and air dominance what made him think his poorly equipped and inexperienced Indian divisions could do so?

He didn't really under-estimate China's fighting men I think. What he underestimated was China's response and China political will. He was playing the same games he was accustomed to play inside Indian political circle. He thought he can "handle" China and that China would give up claim on AP without a fight.

That's was really his mistake.

Why not? China can attain air supremacy against any Asian country right now within weeks. Also, I won't mind if they all buy T-50s or F-35s. They'll go broke trying to keep up with us. They'll buy, we'll manufacture, we make money off of arming ourselves, they lose money for arming themselves, it's a race we can't lose. The end result is maybe it'll take 1 more week to attain air supremacy while slowing down their economic development.
You can manufacture J-20 but people can buy T-50 and F-35. Since you have so many enemies, you airforce will be stretched thin. Nobody is going to go broke because they want an "airforce race" with China, each country can maintain a 5th gen fleet of 1/4, 1/2 or 2/3 the fleet of J-20 and it will be a deterrent force to be reckon with. Not to mention these countries' air space are under the cover of PAC-3 and S-300.

He didn't really under-estimate China's fighting men I think. What he underestimated was China's response and China political will. He was playing the same games he was accustomed to play inside Indian political circle. He thought he can "handle" China and that China would give up claim on AP without a fight.

That's really his mistake.

If he wanted to play games in war then he shouldn't have expected anything less than a swift and brutal retaliation.

Nobody but China and the U.S have the economic strength to maintain large fleets of 5th Gen. fighters because they are the only ones capable of manufacturing them entirely without any technological or financial support.As for 3-300 and PAC 3 they are not yet capable of shooting down stealth fighters

China sent 2 anti-air division to Vietnam and numerous engineer and reconstruction battalions.
China sent mostly anti-aircraft guns to Vietnam, hardly any SAM and the Chinese withdrew from North Vietnam in 1969.

China sent mostly anti-aircraft guns to Vietnam, hardly any SAM and the Chinese withdrew from North Vietnam in 1969.

they did but Americans still didn't cross the 17th with troops in fear of further Chinese involvemnet

Nobody but China and the U.S have the economic strength to maintain large fleets of 5th Gen. fighters because they are the only ones capable of manufacturing them entirely without any technological or financial support.As for 3-300 and PAC 3 they are not yet capable of shooting down stealth fighters

what is large fleet according to u,just want to know Indian number's r above that or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom