What's new

China threatens its Neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.
India actually had more troops in theater but they were not utilized correctly by your incompetent leaders. As for the soldiers China sent they weren't exactly the cream of the crop either. All elite or even decently armed troops were stationed by the soviet, korean, and taiwan strait borders. That is still true today. China has never considered India to be enough of a threat to send their best to. Don't flatter yourself.

Opposed to around 80,000 Chinese troops,their were only 12000 Indian troops involved in the war theater,dont bring in fake information to flatter urself.

Opposed to around 80,000 Chinese troops,their were only 12000 Indian troops involved in the war theater,dont bring in fake information to flatter urself.

Thanks for the info.Furthermore the infrastructure on their side was much better than ours.I remember reading that the last message sent by the Indian posts was "ill clad , ill equipped but still ready to fight".

I am not flattering myself here.If you are doubting the quality of Indian soldiers then sorry for being blunt , you are a fool.Give me credible sources which state that India had more troops stationed there.I remember reading an article where it was mentioned that chairman Mao asked all his commanders to prepare for battle against India days before the actual battle started.The Chinese were obviously well organised and in large numbers (give me neutral sources to prove me wrong).Buddy Indian soldiers are known the world over for their courage and valour.We have history to back it up.You can try as hard as possible but you cannot change the reality.

You can talk of your superior soldiers all you want but the results are still the same. Uneducated courage is useless in the face of educated bullets. I don't know where you get the idea that courage is the deciding factor in war. Fire discipline, endurance, and ability to follow orders are far more important. You can keep your courageous soldiers, I prefer soldiers who can actually carry out their roles and capture objectives. Even if you had superior soldiers it doesn't make a large difference if you have incompetent leaders who can't lead them. This is something even you can not argue with. Being prepared and organized is the responsibility of any military commander. The lack of this on the Indian side is simply ineptness. This is war and everything is fair. Local superiority of men and firepower is also the responsibility of military commanders. If India can not achieve this then they shouldn't complain when they lose. Attacking forces in general need a 3 to 1 advantage in numbers to have a chance of winning. In mountainous terrain the requirement is even higher.

You can talk of your superior soldiers all you want but the results are still the same. Uneducated courage is useless in the face of educated bullets. I don't know where you get the idea that courage is the deciding factor in war. Fire discipline, endurance, and ability to follow orders are far more important. You can keep your courageous soldiers, I prefer soldiers who can actually carry out their roles and capture objectives. Even if you had superior soldiers it doesn't make a large difference if you have incompetent leaders who can't lead them. This is something even you can not argue with.
In 62 we had good soldiers but bad infrastructure ,poor planning ,which lead to disaster.But things have now changed buddy.You really think that China will be able to repeat a 62 again? You really think we had not learned our lesson?You really think we have not tried to rectify our deficiencies.You mentioned a list of things that a good soldier must have.You are thinking that Indian soldiers don't have such things?You got to be kidding me.Buddy believe it or not India is a force to reckon with .Sorry to burst the bubble but yeah that's the reality.

In 62 we had good soldiers but bad infrastructure ,poor planning ,which lead to disaster.But things have now changed buddy.You really think that China will be able to repeat a 62 again? You really think we had not learned our lesson?You really think we have not tried to rectify our deficiencies.You mentioned a list of things that a good soldier must have.You are thinking that Indian soldiers don't have such things?You got to be kidding me.Buddy believe it or not India is a force to reckon with .Sorry to burst the bubble but yeah that's the reality.

Superior soldiers are useless without superior logistics, commanders, infrastructure, firepower and etc. As of now the situation is still heavily in China's favor. You can have all the best soldiers you want but if you can't deploy them and lead them in battle then it is pointless. That is if you even have the superior soldiers in the first place. As for reality your super courageous disciplined soldiers were crushed by second tier soldiers with superior leadership and logistics.

Superior soldiers are useless without superior logistics, commanders, infrastructure, firepower and etc. As of now the situation now is still heavily in China's favor. You can have all the best soldiers you want but if you can't deploy them and lead them in battle then it is pointless.

I won't use the term "heavily".Yes the situation is still in China's favour but India is coming up fast regarding this issue.Elite mountain divisions are being raised ,air bases are being upgraded ,heavy lift transport aircrafts are being bought so on and so forth. We are more pro - active now.In 62 our leadership headed by Nehru never in their wildest dream had thought that there would be a war with China.But now we have it etched in our minds that the order to rush to the frontline can come at any moment.

A significant of the Indian army actually broke without coming into contact. After Brigadier Dalvi's 7th was crushed on the flank and the neigbouring three brigades thus cut off. A disorderly retreat began and Indian resistance in the AP theatre essentially ceased. The Indian troops retreating back to Bomdila were disorganized and scattered. During this period many of the casualties came from exposure to the elements.

I won't use the term "heavily".Yes the situation is still in China's favour but India is coming up fast regarding this issue.Elite mountain divisions are being raised ,air bases are being upgraded ,heavy lift transport aircrafts are being bought so on and so forth. We are more pro - active now.In 62 our leadership headed by Nehru never in their wildest dream had thought that there would be a war with China.But now we have it etched in our minds that the order to rush to the frontline can come at any moment.

I don't know how you can term something "elite" when it has just been raised in less than a year. You can put in all the nice adjectives in front of something but it doesn't change the ground reality. Chinese divisions in the Himalayas have been their since 62. They have trained their and lived their for most of their lives. They are familiar with the terrain and are already prepared for war their at any time. The "elite' Indian divisions would need years to just get to the level the Chinese divisions are already at. We don't put "elite" in front of divisions unless they have actually fought very successfully in wars. The only groups that get called elite in China are the 38th and 39th as they fought the Entire UN armies to a standstill in the Korean war. As for transport, and infrastructure India has improved but is nowhere near where China is at.

I don't know how you can term something "elite" when it has just been raised in less than a year. You can put in all the nice adjectives in front of something but it doesn't change the ground reality. Chinese divisions in the Himalayas have been their since 62. They have trained their and lived their for most of their lives. They are familiar with the terrain and are already prepared for war their at any time. The "elite' Indian divisions would need years to just get to the level the Chinese divisions are already at. We don't put "elite" in front of divisions unless they have actually fought very successfully in wars. The only groups that get called elite in China are the 38th and 39th as they fought the Entire UN armies to a standstill in the Korean war. As for transport, and infrastructure India has improved but is nowhere near where China is at.

Al right i will not use the term elite if you don't like it.The members in the new divisions are all locals and are very familiar with the territory.Moreover Indian troops have been stationed in Himalayas since the country was formed in 47.You think we don't have expertise in mountain warfare?We have a unit at the world's highest battlefield (Siachen).Also remember that these divisions are new ones.There are units stationed there since 62 in our side too.

I believe the greatest weakness of the India army today is the same one they had in 1962. Weak civilian leadership of the army. While the Indian army has recovered well and built up it morale again, I think that the civilian government suffers from the same weaknesses that paralyzed it in 1962. Indecision, selfish behaviour, blame game etc.

Just my opinion.

I believe the greatest weakness of the India army today is the same one they had in 1962. Weak civilian leadership of the army. While the Indian army has recovered well and built up it morale again, I think that the civilian government suffers from the same weaknesses that paralyzed it in 1962. Indecision, selfish behaviour, blame game etc.

Just my opinion.

Ultimately the civilians are in charge. If they are spineless and poor in leadership it negates most of the army's gains in the past.

Ultimately the civilians are in charge. If they are spineless and poor in leadership it negates most of the army's gains in the past.

The way Nehru handled the army in 1962 and the masterful spinjob he did afterwards are signs of an absolute coward and a naive and bumbling one at that.

In the matters of taking a nation to war, we should never forget the Clausewitz's Trinity of "People, Army, and Government

1edmnds.gif

The way Nehru handled the army in 1962 and the masterful spinjob he did afterwards are signs of an absolute coward and a naive and bumbling one at that.

He was a coward but he was actually looked up to before the war. Now the Indian government doesn't even have that anymore.

He was a coward but he was actually looked up to before the war. Now the Indian government doesn't even have that anymore.

People are split on him and there many still willing to defend him when the topic comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom