What's new

China, the Philippines agree to downplay maritime disputes, enhance economi

aimarraul

Reaction score
China, the Philippines agree to downplay maritime disputes, enhance economic ties

China, the Philippines agree to downplay maritime disputes, enhance economic ties
English.news.cn 2011-08-31 22:35:48 FeedbackPrintRSS

131087233_11n.jpg

Chinese President Hu Jintao (R) shakes hands with his Philippine counterpart Benigno Aquino III during a welcome ceremony in Beijing, capital of China, Aug. 31, 2011. (Xinhua/Rao Aimin)

BEIJING, Aug. 31 (Xinhua) -- Chinese President Hu Jintao and his Philippine counterpart Benigno Aquino III on Wednesday agreed to strengthen economic and trade cooperation while minimizing the impact of disputes in the South China Sea.

PUTTING SOUTH CHINA SEA DISPUTES ASIDE

Before the disputes are resolved, the countries concerned may put aside the disputes and actively explore forms of common development in the relevant sea areas, Hu told Aquino during their one-hour talks at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.

China's stance and proposition on the South China Sea issue has been consistent and explicit, Hu said after a red-carpet welcoming ceremony for Aquino, who is on his first state visit to China since taking office in June 2010.

"The South China Sea disputes should be resolved peacefully through consultation and negotiation between the two countries concerned," said Hu.

China is ready to work with the countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), including the Philippines, to actively implement the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea and jointly develop the waters into "a sea of peace, friendship and cooperation," Hu said.

In the declaration, inked by China and ASEAN members in 2002, all concerned parties pledged to maintain self-restraint and not conduct activities that might complicate or escalate disputes over the region.

In July of this year, China and the ASEAN adopted an agreement that established guidelines for implementing the declaration, marking an important step toward a peaceful solution to the disputes.

Aquino, in his turn, reiterated that the Philippines works on maintaining peace and stability in the region and implementing the declaration.

The South China Sea issue does not constitute all Philippines-China relations, Aquino said, adding that the issue should not affect the development of bilateral ties and friendly cooperation in various fields.

"There is a strong political willingness from both sides to minimize the impact of the disputes on overall relations, which is good news for the two states," said Qu Xing, president of the China Institute for International Studies.

So you got an old ship for a billion? Sounds like your president is stupid to me.

Sorry where did you find the "billion" in that article? The ship only costs us "million" dollars with full operating and maintaining services supplied by the U.S.

And please stop calling my president stupid, you won't say that when facing a real Filipino in Philippines, I would say that apply more true to your commie Hu Jin Tao who has his boats got ramped up by the Vietnamese sea patrols and doing nothing in return. We have seen your weakness sigh becoming visible. China don't have guts to fight a war this century because you are so afraid of the U.S. influences in World that my brag you down to the bottom.

If you can't challenge the Vietnamese himself, please don't have a crazy thought about Philippines-America allies.

Sorry where did you find the "billion" in that article? The ship only costs us "million" dollars with full operating and maintaining services supplied by the U.S.
The ship is an old piece of junk that even Vietnamese will laugh at. The loan we provide you with can be cut off anytime you choose to become hostile. Oh by the way, there are interests on those loans.

The ship is an old piece of junk that even Vietnamese will laugh at. The loan we provide you with can be cut off anytime you choose to become hostile. Oh by the way, there are interests on those loans.

Well you have to remember that we have USA as our most friendliest and trusted ally, if you choose to confront with us mean you are committing a suicide. Your country today is different with the one before, don't overestimates about your ability, you are nothing if compared to the U.S. in 2011, China in the past was more powerful because of USSR supports, but China today is isolated and a lonely ship in world affairs.

The loans you give us will be used as best as it could to help bringing more benefits to our country, and we might return depend on how you treat us.

About the Vietnamese, well, we just don't care too much about them, they are cowards with big mouths only, they know very well how our fathers and brothers fought their Viet Cong badly before 1975, they are now as same as you a lonely ship with no ally and got most hatred from the world because of communism. Vietnam can laugh at us but we still can shoot down their pirates with no problems later, the last time our AC-13 chasing their surveillance ships making their tail off days later. No media or newspaper report about the incident because they were totally terrified by us. The American had once signed with us a secret deal which mean USA will back Philippines at any cost in the South China Sea dispute if needed.

Ah! Now that's a start! China is probably feeling the heat as there are too many countries it has scraps with.

Since China has agreed to downplay maritime disputes with the Philippines, it also needs to lower temperatures with:

Vietnam
India
U.S.
Indonesia
Australia
Japan
South Korea
Malaysia
Brunei.

Cheers!

And please stop calling my president stupid, you won't say that when facing a real Filipino in Philippines, I would say that apply more true to your commie Hu Jin Tao who has his boats got ramped up by the Vietnamese sea patrols and doing nothing in return. We have seen your weakness sigh becoming visible. China don't have guts to fight a war this century because you are so afraid of the U.S. influences in World that my brag you down to the bottom.

If you can't challenge the Vietnamese himself, please don't have a crazy thought about Philippines-America allies.
Of course your president is performing very well as long as he still runs his presidency, Filipino may worship him like God whatsoever. After leaving his presidency term I doubt he would likely be charged for corruption or sorta thing that is going on with your ex-president, Mrs. Arroyo.
And stop dragging your U.S boss around whenever you feel that you gonna be in trouble.
Learning to walk on your own feet unless you could only cry out when China make a deal with the US.
China fears the U.S or vice versa, we still gonna wait to see.

Star√ation;2456005 said:
Of course your president is performing very well as long as he still runs his presidency, Filipino may worship him like God whatsoever. After leaving his presidency term I doubt he would likely be charged for corruption or sorta thing that is going on with your ex-president, Mrs. Arroyo.
And stop dragging your U.S boss around whenever you feel that you gonna be in trouble.
Learning to walk on your own feet unless you could only cry out when China make a deal with the US.
China fears the U.S or vice versa, we still gonna wait to see.

Oh don't lecture us about corruption here, we are a freedom country with pure democracy, we can elect whoever we like to be our leaders, not your Communist Vietnam and China are only Party's members. We don't have to find proofs about your corruption, your two countries are too well known in World media about the scandals reputation. What an irony of you two guys who living in a dictatorship nation with high pollution and corruption rates laughing at the most democracy country in South East Asia, Philippines.

We have been 60 years been allied with the U.S., the American love us and treat us as their bloody brother, they signed with us so many secret deals that your commie could not dream of, so don't know who will be cry out when the U.S. make a move.

However, we have never betrayed our ally, but your Vietnam and China are so famous, who would trust you guys, a crazy commie of 21st. Seeing two commie fighting at each others is the result of what smart American long dream expectation.

Oh don't lecture us about corruption here, we are a freedom country with pure democracy, we can elect whoever we like to be our leaders, not your Communist Vietnam and China are only Party's members. We don't have to find proofs about your corruption, your two countries are too well known in World media about the scandals reputation. What an irony of you two guys who living in a dictatorship nation with high pollution and corruption rates laughing at the most democracy country in South East Asia, Philippines.

We have been 60 years been allied with the U.S., the American love us and treat us as their bloody brother, they signed with us so many secret deals that your commie could not dream of, so don't know who will be cry out when the U.S. make a move.

However, we have never betrayed our ally, but your Vietnam and China are so famous, who would trust you guys, a crazy commie of 21st. Seeing two commie fighting at each others is the result of what smart American long dream expectation.
I find it amazing by how easily U.S could convince her old colonial that: Oh yeah, believe me, we are good ally, we are "bloody brother". Since we are best friends, I gonna sell you my most outdated naval ships. Congratulation!

Freedom and democracy. Alright, you are just to freedom to digest all Western media propaganda.
"well known in World media about the scandals reputation": you're just too freedom to find out that is the truth and what was fabricated by Western media. Like this, 2008 in China:
cnn-lie.jpg

Ah! Now that's a start! China is probably feeling the heat as there are too many countries it has scraps with.

Since China has agreed to downplay maritime disputes with the Philippines, it also needs to lower temperatures with:

Vietnam
India
U.S.
Indonesia
Australia
Japan
South Korea
Malaysia
Brunei.

Cheers!

Vietnam, and Japan I understand, when did China have maritime dispute with any other country you've stated?

About the Vietnamese, well, we just don't care too much about them, they are cowards with big mouths only, they know very well how our fathers and brothers fought their Viet Cong badly before 1975, they are now as same as you a lonely ship with no ally and got most hatred from the world because of communism. Vietnam can laugh at us but we still can shoot down their pirates with no problems later, the last time our AC-13 chasing their surveillance ships making their tail off days later. No media or newspaper report about the incident because they were totally terrified by us. The American had once signed with us a secret deal which mean USA will back Philippines at any cost in the South China Sea dispute if needed.

Well, I hope you still remember what did I said to you earlier. Every contries has idiots and now you are just one of them indeed.

Thanks for a great laugh was made by you.

You mistook kindness for weakness. We are offering you an olive branch.

Why would PLAN spend more and more money into navy if they don't intend to engage in wars.

And no, USA don't give a crap about neither Vietnam or Philippines, great powers only fight proxies with great power.

In fact, we already fought a full scale (proxy) war in Korea, the US congress insisted to never violate Chinese air space during it's entire course.

What makes you think we would be afraid of fighting US, or US would be more willing to fight China. When the balance of power has shifted so much since then.

Star√ation;2456247 said:

Original Post By Aquino No.1

I find it amazing by how easily U.S could convince her old colonial that: Oh yeah, believe me, we are good ally, we are "bloody brother". Since we are best friends, I gonna sell you my most outdated naval ships. Congratulation!

Freedom and democracy. Alright, you are just to freedom to digest all Western media propaganda.
"well known in World media about the scandals reputation": you're just too freedom to find out that is the truth and what was fabricated by Western media. Like this, 2008 in China:
cnn-lie.jpg
let him have something to cling.
his pride and was breathing with the nose of Uncle Sam. :cheesy:

You mistook kindness for weakness. We are offering you an olive branch.

Why would PLAN spend more and more money into navy if they don't intend to engage in wars.

And no, USA don't give a crap about neither Vietnam or Philippines, great powers only fight proxies with great power.

In fact, we already fought a full scale (proxy) war in Korea, the US congress insisted to never violate Chinese air space during it's entire course.

What makes you think we would be afraid of fighting US, or US would be more willing to fight China. When the balance of power has shifted so much since then.
we do not follow any country against the other country, But, we will fight any nation violated Vietnam's sovereignty is recognized by international law, whether it is China or US.

Back
Top Bottom