What's new

China: The New Superpower?

You are wrong. China very much wanted to become a superpower. In the Chinese mind, China MUST become a superpower.

No. That's westerners' interpretation of "Chinese mindset". Or rather, Gambit's interpretation of "Chinese mindset".

It is actually the Westerners' mindset. Western culture needs to find an enemy, so they have a "they" vs "us". Otherwise Westerners are perplexed, are lost.

China's doesn't.

Every learnt wiseman in west also knows that. Bill Gates, for instance, asserts in his interview with Charlie Rose that China does not want to go out of its country.

Xi Jinping promises peaceful, prosperous China

BOAO, China--China's President Xi Jinping pledged on Sunday that change and peaceful development will power his country's economic rise and sustain growth within its borders and beyond.

Stressing that peace was pivotal for the future of the world's second biggest economy, Xi appealed to business and political leaders to use diplomacy and dialogue to resolve disputes and allow wealth to spread and solve problems.

“For Asia, development is still the top question, development is still crucial for solving many problems and conflicts,” Xi told a forum in Boao on the southern Chinese island province of Hainan.

“Without peace, there is no need to talk about development,” to added, speaking to an audience of executives and foreign leaders including Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Myanmar President Thein Sein and IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde.

Painting a picture of a richer China in 2020, when the government expects average rural and urban incomes will be double 2010 levels, Xi said his country would increasingly export its wealth to its neighbors.

China will import US$10 trillion worth of goods a year five years from now, he said, and outbound investment will rise by a big margin. Domestic consumption, particularly retail consumption, will also continue to expand.

China imported US$1.8 trillion worth of goods and services last year, up a meager 4.3 percent from a year ago as its economy slumped into its worst downturn in 13 years.

But Xi was upbeat about the future, saying growth would follow when his government changes China's economic structure and financial system. He did not give details.

“China's economy will continue to maintain a healthy growth rate,” Xi said. “We will persist with reforms and doggedly pursue the path of changing our economic ways.”

In contrast, an ailing global economy faces a difficult recovery fraught with risks, he said.

Xi's message of China's peaceful and inclusive rise was echoed earlier when nearly a dozen senior executives from Chinese state-owned firms met peers from top Australian banks and companies.

Andrew Forrest, an Australian iron ore magnate and founder of Fortescue Metals Group, who chaired the closed-door meeting, told reporters that Chinese state firm executives wanted Australians to know that China was not “expansionist” or “aggressive.”

“They do not understand how people could look at China through anything but friendly eyes,” Forrest said.

Security concerns in other countries have hampered or overshadowed the overseas expansion of several large Chinese companies, including telecoms equipment firm Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. and state-owned oil company CNOOC Ltd.

Xi Jinping promises peaceful, prosperous China - The China Post

Indeed peace and prosperity is the only path for China in the 21st century. :tup:

Then why do you whine about 0.01%?

Your split personality is the cause that you are now economically a sh!thole, militarily a joke and ideologically obsolete.
Really, how do you contain China? By your Russian submarine or lying to the world that PLAN sets fire on your boat by firing flares? :lol:

You try to contain China like an ant attempting to stop truck from rolling forward. :lol:
In fact, just by your bellicose words, I hope China could reduce its investment from 0.01% to 0.00000001%, or simply zero, nothing!
Calm down, you are going to explode. As for VN´s economy, it starts showing signs of recovery. As for FDI, VN invests overseas in the first quarter of this year more than China invested in Vietnam in the last 25 years. Maybe we will invest in China one day. :hitwall:

Vietnam invests over 2.65 bln USD abroad in Q1 - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Like Philippines? Sorry, I don't think it makes any sense if one from Philippines wants to teach Chinese any politics things.
It is a waste of time to talk with wretched and prejudiced Viets and Filipinos out here to be honest, call your masters come OK?

Oh please do tell you people always love the masters and slave thing are guys Masochists or something please separate your sexual fantasies from this its political topic.

Zero_wing is delusional. During the 1970's to 1980's, the Philippine president (Marcos) arrested and killed many people, including political opponents.
----ON TOPIC----
I heard that China's economy is to surpass that of America's in 2040-2050. If so, that could make China an Economical Superpower.

Well false flagger did i say the Philippines is the best country in the world? did i? No i did not but the democracy here is far better than china political freedom self expression etc true there are political killing here but not all the time people here are getting smart when it comes to safety so again false flager you have no idea what the Philippines is so stop being an @$$

Oh please do tell you people always love the masters and slave thing are guys Masochists or something please separate your sexual fantasies from this its political topic.

Well false flagger did i say the Philippines is the best country in the world? did i? No i did not but the democracy here is far better than china political freedom self expression etc true there are political killing here but not all the time people here are getting smart when it comes to safety so again false flager you have no idea what the Philippines is so stop being an @$$

Yes, there is no democracy in China, but lifestyle there is better. For a controlled state, China seems to become the new US (in 30-40 years time). And also, when you mentioned "people are getting smart when it come to safety" I disagree. Crime is still high in Philippines.

Oh, yeah?

Maybe only you who'd like to rent a Detroit house like this:

tumblr_lqya62kTtn1qb7llao1_1280.jpg

or this:

01bp-gillis.jpg

or this:

02bp-hulk.jpg

:hitwall:
Any of them would be a mansion in most of China. :lol:

Yes, there is no democracy in China, but lifestyle there is better. For a controlled state, China seems to become the new US (in 30-40 years time). And also, when you mentioned "people are getting smart when it come to safety" I disagree. Crime is still high in Philippines.

Better? you say one the poorest still poor and they claim to be a workers and peasants paradise they have a lot of money and yet they boost their military instead of their own people and crime tell me something sir do you know the Philippines that well are you a stupid foreigner if the crime rate is so high as you say why is it the Philippines have the highest tourism follow in over 10 years why are people coming here then even this foolish arrogant chinese come here hell they even awarded the Philippines as one of there top destination after they call us names and insulted us and calls for war against us if they come here it would not even dent our tourism industry anyway so if my country is so high on crime why people love to go here to make business and have their vacations here?

True the country has crime truth can be said about any country am sure even in your own place you have crime so what's your point? face it you don't know the Philippines your not a filipino so you have no right to talk about the Philippines like your a filipino yourself! you talk about the country is your foreigner as your own but never us one my people?

This a list cause of sources of crimes here

Chinese mafia (Human trafficking drugs selling and trafficking etc most are Taiwanese and mainlanders)
European Mafia groups
East mafia groups
and small group of American mafia groups from north and south American
Arab terrorist networks with local terrorist and southeast asian terrorist groups
Communist terrorist supported and funded by PLA and china other state and non state actors
and the rest are locals groups cooperating with this groups up here in the list or on their own but they are small fish compare to this guys.

But still the Philippines is still growing and far more safer because both foreign and local groups operate in small groups now and their political protection is getter weaker and small because people themselves fear them but taking action by reporting it to the police or if you live in the province take the fight to them a lot of frontier provinces do have guns in every home kind like American even though illegal because most of them are high powered civilians are only allowed .22 and 9mm pistols and shotguns 6 gauge but they local made which is cool. But this folks just have them to defend their farms and family not to mess up their home towns and provinces and the increasing number of people joining Cafgus (Citizen Armed geographical Units) of Army also contribute to help keeping peace in order around that contributed a lot so yes their is crime here but its far less now then the old days because people are see better and know better at less we not hypocrites saying we are freedom and power to the peasants while the only people benefiting are members of the power true china has come far but did learn anything beside might makes right? (Know because i been to china with the expectation of Macau)

As for us we still growling we are still young so we are bound to make mistakes but we are getting better.

We are not talking about a few empty houses among many more occupied homes in lively towns and cities. We are looking at ENTIRE CITIES. In the US, defaulted homes can be rented out with potential renters. In China, empty cities can be filled with what?

this old basement simpleton takes any twisted western propaganda as bible````a sad gullible loner``:no:

You ever go to China and see the houses, fuzzy's head will explode.
I have been to China. Sorry, but metropolitan areas like Shanghai and Beijing do not cut it. There are plenty of discussions here about how Chinese outside of these cities live. What about those men-only villages we hear about? You are not from one of them, do you? :lol:

I have been to China. Sorry, but metropolitan areas like Shanghai and Beijing do not cut it. There are plenty of discussions here about how Chinese outside of these cities live. What about those men-only villages we hear about? You are not from one of them, do you? :lol:

You know even if China isn't going to be a super power again, which is unlikely, America will fall. It's normal, the visionaries of the past are long gone, the daring black sheep of the families, adventurers are long dead. Today Americans are fat, lazy, stupid, super religious.

Don't worry this will be China's tomorrow too, but today it sure is sweet looking at it from a Chinese point of view.

China's empty cities -- plural -- are even greater subprime mortgages. Ya think? :lol:

Analyst: I Ain’t Afraid of No ‘Ghost Cities’

For China bears, :lol: the empty “ghost cities” that *** the Chinese landscape stand as concrete evidence that economic doom is just around the corner.

In the aftermath of a construction frenzy that lifted China out of the Great Recession, Western hedge fund managers set off on trips to places like Ordos in Inner Mongolia to view the eerie phenomenon – and spooked themselves into believing that a massive oversupply of real estate meant a Chinese economic collapse was inevitable.

What happened? Well, housing prices and sales volumes have been steadily rebounding, to the point where the government is now contemplating new cooling measures. So much for the epic oversupply that bears predicted would wipe out growth.

“Hurray for Ghost Cities,”
writes the economist and veteran China-watcher Jonathan Anderson in a recent note.

The former UBS analyst, now with the Emerging Advisors Group, isn’t a cheerleader for senseless real estate projects. His point is that by investing in “ghost cities” to underpin growth, China saved itself from even more unwise overinvestment in areas that could have done lasting damage to the economy, such as manufacturing.

Even though China has been investing almost 50% of GDP for the past few years, Mr. Anderson doesn’t see much evidence that it’s resulted in widespread industrial overcapacity. He notes that industrial profits have been picking up along with sales, suggesting that manufacturers still have plenty of pricing power. And, in contrast to the situation a decade ago when the last credit bubble burst, China isn’t saddled with a massive glut of industrial commodities that it’s trying to dump on the rest of the world. Steel exports, for example, have increased only modestly this time around.

Mr. Anderson defines “ghost cities” as a relatively narrow slice of investment, conducted mainly by local governments, in urban infrastructure and certain types of construction, notably subsidized “social housing” units rather than commercial housing. They’ve certainly been a black hole, he says, but a hole that has emptied largely into the equally dark vaults of China’s state-owned banks, where bad debts can remain buried for a long time.

“Lesson learned: If you’re going to waste capital best to waste it completely, where it will do the least damage to everyone else,” writes Mr. Anderson.

Or, to put it another way, he offers: “Why truly crap investment projects help ‘save’ China.”

– Andrew Browne. Follow him on Twitter @andybrownewsj

Analyst: I Ain’t Afraid of No ‘Ghost Cities’ - China Real Time Report - WSJ

-------

In contrast, Submortgage is 1000% more devastating than any "ghost cities" to almost EVERYONE's economy. Per this expert, "ghost cities" are a good thing to save Chinese economy from going worse, as was the case in USA of 2008.

Thus, Hurray for Ghost Cities!

Last edited by a moderator:
In china for an investment property, you have to put down a 50% down payment. Now its becoming 100% in a lump payment and you are not allowed to put it up for resale for 5 years. Compare that with the US sub-prime mortgage, where a family on minimum wage could get a mortgage, China is very safe.

China still has decades of urbanisation to go until it reaches the level of OECD.

Back
Top Bottom