What's new

China takes rights activists into custody

:lol: what a joke. that's wei wei, not AI wei wei. you want to know what AI wei wei looks like?

Ai_Weiwei-Photo_1.jpg

A half bald man with a beard! why are you trying to mislead people?

Unlike you knowall appendages of Wu and Wen but not of Mao, and pseudo Communist roaders and running dogs (Chinese term, not mine), note what I wrote

Weiwei is the person with the Olympic song?

checked that '?'

It means not sure.

Apart from Wei Wei, the only Wei Wei that is there known in India is WeiWei Noodles and hence the doubt.

:lol:

From now on, I will communicate to you with pictures only. Communicating with words is useless anyways, and pictures may be easier for someone of your IQ to understand.

:lol:

From now on, I will communicate to you with pictures only. Communicating with words is useless anyways, and pictures may be easier for someone of your IQ to understand.

Of course you must.

You will understand better since the Chinese script is but pictures!

It will assist the vacuum that is between your ears, which must be equally frozen as what is below that is frozen.

No one diverts the blame on others.

What is right in India or what is wrong is what the Indians themselves are responsible for.

They exercise their spirit of freedom by voting who they want to lead them.

If they make a mistake, they pay the price.

The silver lining is that they are not foisted with a totalitarian regime that none can change and a regime that makes the people robots in mind and action and totally fear crazed to voice their true opinion!

And if they do, they become a Wei Wei or a Liu.

And a million of parrots start squawking to please their Masters who dictate and orchestrate their squawk!!

I'm not really sure what points you driving at, you have no idea what governs a Chinese society and yet you insist on putting views which you believe to be holding back the Chinese using terms like lack of freedom, totalitarian etc etc.

China does not have the perfect system and wow people opinions do get suppressed, but these people compared to those who just want to make a living are small in number.

If you want a reasonable debate then keep an open mind, if you just want people to agree with you maybe you're on the wrong forum.

:lol: what a joke. that's wei wei, not AI wei wei. you want to know what AI wei wei looks like?

Ai_Weiwei-Photo_1.jpg

A half bald man with a beard! why are you trying to mislead people?

LOL,:rofl:

Poor Ray didn't even know who he was really defending!

Yeah, Wei wei does have a fame, as Ray suggested!

Lol,:rofl:

Sorry, can't stop laughing

Lol ,:rofl:

Unlike you knowall appendages of Wu and Wen but not of Mao, and pseudo Communist roaders and running dogs (Chinese term, not mine), note what I wrote

checked that '?'

It means not sure.

Apart from Wei Wei, the only Wei Wei that is there known in India is WeiWei Noodles and hence the doubt.

If you did not know or where not sure then you should not have posted it period.

Weiwei is the person with the Olympic song?

And now in an Olympic jail!

This statement is not a question its an insinuation.

If you did not know or where not sure then you should not have posted it period.

This statement is not a question its an insinuation.

Odd fish that you are.

What is the forum for?

It is also to clear doubts from those who are more informative.

You apparently are they types who use forums to plant propaganda.

I am not of your genre.

I am here for knowledge.

Odd fish that you are.

What is the forum for?

It is also to clear doubts from those who are more informative.

You apparently are they types who use forums to plant propaganda.

I am not of your genre.

I am here for knowledge.

Posting a statement like you did its an insinuation, and if it was based on a wrong assumption its an open invitation to get attacked. Hiding behind your so called "?" just seems retarded.

I can't see how you are here for knowledge, you assume when you shouldn't be and speak when you should be listening.

Just a mere sentence and you already assume I am here to plant propaganda, I don't bash any country for their shortcomings because all countries have their differences and rules of governance which ultimately lead to advantages and disadvantages.

I can see why you have difficulty wining over the opinions of the Chinese users, comparing you to the other Indian users would be an insult.

Not wasting any more time on you. Have fun!

LOL,:rofl:

Poor Ray didn't even know who he was really defending!

Yeah, Wei wei does have a fame, as Ray suggested!

Lol,:rofl:

Sorry, can't stop laughing

Lol ,:rofl:

Aha poor ray still spending more time here than in his own forum....seriously he is not up to standard compare to mods here, as a friend we should teach ray how to behave as a mod and forum management .The moral of the story for ray is be nice to chinese members in yours forum( still 2 or 3 left LOL) or else you ending up spend the rest of your life here. hahaha

:no:
further arguments depends on the knowledge of the other person which ur fellow bf dont have enough.
so i prefer to prevent getting frustrated:lol:

ur poor friends are already frustrated, they ran out of common sense start runing like chickens with curry senses``:D

US gives up, maybe the Indians here should too.

China Dissident Crackdown Sparks Scant Outcry as U.S. Distracted by Libya

By Indira A.R. Lakshmanan - Apr 5, 2011

China’s latest crackdown on dissidents has drawn scant outcry in Washington, with U.S. officials distracted by military intervention in Libya and doubtful that public denunciations will change China’s behavior.

The administration is “scared to death to speak out on very sensitive issues” that might offend China and turn them against U.S. policy on Libya, Rep. Randy Forbes, co-chairman of the Congressional China Caucus, said in an interview yesterday.

On Capitol Hill, likewise, legislators are reluctant to devote energy to an issue that hasn’t grabbed the public’s attention and isn’t tied directly to American jobs or the budget, Forbes, a Virginia Republican, added.

Neither President Barack Obama nor Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has singled out China for public criticism over the latest wave of arrests, though both have said that they always raise human rights in their private conversations with Chinese officials.

Artist Ai Weiwei, who collaborated on the design for Beijing’s Olympic stadium, is the latest high-profile critic of the Chinese government who was reported detained. He was stopped at Beijing’s airport on April 3 as he prepared to fly to Hong Kong, and his whereabouts since have not been disclosed by Chinese authorities.

‘Deeply Concerned’

Asked about Ai’s detention, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said yesterday the U.S. is “deeply concerned by the trend of forced disappearances,” detentions and convictions of activists in China.

The Delegation of the European Union to China issued a statement today saying its attention had been brought to Ai’s case. The EU is concerned by the “increasing use of arbitrary detention against human rights defenders, lawyers and activists,” according to the e-mailed statement.

The Chinese government’s latest wave of arrests has coincided with a campaign by some dissidents to spark democracy protests similar to those that have spread across North Africa and the Middle East in recent months.

The administration and Congress should “make clear to the Chinese government that this crackdown is unacceptable, wholly in tension with international standards and Chinese law, and will have serious consequences for the bilateral relationship,” said Sophie Richardson, Asia advocacy director for Human Rights Watch, a New York-based watchdog group.

‘Weak And Inconsistent’

Rep. Frank Wolf, a Virginia Republican and one the most outspoken China critics on Capitol Hill, said in an interview that he is appalled by the series of arrests. The Obama administration has been “very, very weak and inconsistent and ineffective on China,” he said.

Wolf said he doesn’t expect much from his colleagues in Congress either, where he said neither party “has the heart to take this issue on” or to press China to change its human rights record by threatening punitive measures on trade or currency.

Wolf, chairman of the House Appropriations subcommittee on commerce, justice and science, said he plans to ask U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk tough questions about China at a hearing today.

Total U.S.-China trade totaled an estimated $459 billion in 2010, according to the Congressional Research Service. China is the second-largest U.S. trading partner, its third-largest export market, and its biggest source of imports, the CRS said in a Jan. 7 2011 report.

Many Distractions

Kenneth Lieberthal, director of the John L. Thornton China Center at the Brookings Institution, a policy center in Washington, said the Obama administration is likely distracted by turmoil in North Africa and the Middle East, the natural disasters and nuclear crisis in Japan, and the budget battle on Capitol Hill.

Moreover, after “decades of this issue being on the agenda, people in Washington may have greater appreciation of the limitations of what can be accomplished by U.S. actions,” he said.

“By lecturing the Chinese officials, it makes it, if anything, more difficult for them to do anything that might appear to be giving in to American pressure,” Lieberthal said.

China’s leaders govern 1.3 billion people based on “concerns about their own domestic stability” and “they’re not about to change their system because the U.S. tells them to.”

Forbes, founder of the Congressional China Caucus, said he and his colleagues plan to seek a meeting with Chinese ambassador to Washington, Zhang Yesui, to discuss their concerns, though he said there’s little to gain from wielding carrots or sticks as a trade-off for the Chinese government’s behavior on human rights.

“We don’t want to be like little children who say, ‘If you don’t stop doing that, we’re not going to play with you anymore,’” Forbes said. “But we need to be much more willing to step out and make statements when we think those positions are right.”

For Related News and Information:

To contact the reporter on this story: Indira A.R. Lakshmanan in Washington at ilakshmanan@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Mark Silva at msilva34@bloomberg.net

rcmjs,

Delightful dishes what than the curries of South Asia?

But then, what about the poor dissidents in China?

You have done well to veer the thread well ofcourse.

Anyway, I would now ignore your childish capers and move back to the Weiwei chap and others.

Chow Chow or whatever they say in Italian.

I will concede that you can never go hungry in China, for there will always be a creepy crawly or something more exotic that would make a sumptuous and highly nutrition charged meal, especially for a Chinese.

In India, you sure will go hungry!

100 dissidants within 1.3 billion people and we are unhappy, 600million starving indians with 1.1 b population and u believe they are happier than china? lol, poor tiktik, what have common senses done to ur littile incomprehensive brain? try to convince thousands and thousands indians flooding in china, hongkong and macau..because they try to escape from the sorry country where full of slavery and diaria, got it tiktik man?

I agree with the topic. This might be surprising to my fellow Indians; I know that CCP is aggressive against any opposition of questions raised against her. But most of these so-called Rights workers are nothing but paid agents of foreign bigot bodies like Amnesty International and Human Rights Commission who support terrorism even in troubled areas of India, have slowed counter-terrorism in Russia and other non-western countries of the world where militancy is a menace.

Using human rights as an excuse, these people liaise with the terror groups in our countries and then politicize it on an international level. This doesn't make me say that CCP is great and all, but these so-called rights workers are nothing but trouble for non-western countries.

However, this might not be the case here.

100 dissidants within 1.3 billion people and we are unhappy, 600million starving indians with 1.1 b population and u believe they are happier than china? lol, poor tiktik, what have common senses done to ur littile incomprehensive brain? try to convince thousands and thousands indians flooding in china, hongkong and macau..because they try to escape from the sorry country where full of slavery and diaria, got it tiktik man?

It's really closer to 800 million people. 2 out of 3 people have not benefitted at all from the 1991 economic reforms. Caloric intake for the lower castes is worst than in 1987. The upper castes are suffering from obesity and other wealth related health problems. This is according to the wall street journal.

It's really closer to 800 million people. 2 out of 3 people have not benefitted at all from the 1991 economic reforms. Caloric intake for the lower castes is worst than in 1987. The upper castes are suffering from obesity and other wealth related health problems. This is according to the wall street journal.

lol im using 600 million so tiktik wont suffer a nerve break down``:P

Back
Top Bottom